2020-21 Season Start

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Post by midtable »

I do wonder of the government will change their minds once again and allow spectators in early to watch English league games making the delayed start a waste of time. Fans are allowed to watch the World Snooker Championship, admittedly in limited numbers. Non-league won't ban away supporters because not many people travel and the grounds are often half empty anyway. Torquay is unusual in attracting so many away fans and if the worst comes to the worst you could just go through the turnstile and pretend to be a local. The obvious problem of going back during Covid times is that we have an elderly, vulnerable person to look after...Gary Johnson! He is 64 and a history of heart problems, also the only one in his family currently working :)
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

midtable wrote: 30 Jul 2020, 23:53 I do wonder of the government will change their minds once again and allow spectators in early to watch English league games making the delayed start a waste of time. Fans are allowed to watch the World Snooker Championship, admittedly in limited numbers. Non-league won't ban away supporters because not many people travel and the grounds are often half empty anyway. Torquay is unusual in attracting so many away fans and if the worst comes to the worst you could just go through the turnstile and pretend to be a local. The obvious problem of going back during Covid times is that we have an elderly, vulnerable person to look after...Gary Johnson! He is 64 and a history of heart problems, also the only one in his family currently working :)
We could always employ his sprog, with a view to inheriting his fathers position, if the worst was to happen. =D =D =D =D
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 30 Jul 2020, 16:03 Really? That sounds more unbelievable than the crap being posted on the coronavirus thread.
Apologies SNW, but the well known sneak, sly Remoaner, serial loser, COVidiot and forum moron known as Plainmoor78 has now infected your football thread with an agent more lethal than common COLD-!9. Looking through the crosshairs, an infrared dot has appeared on the target.

Not every OAP (operative asset practitioner) is vulnerable. Identified targets are.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by grockle »

I have just seen a post on NL fans facebook page quoting the Dover Chairman. He is saying their ground will be limited to 15% of capacity for the coming season. If that was applied at Plainmoor, it would mean around 1,000 spectators only. I can only see problems ahead until social distancing is abandoned, and we get back to some sort of normality.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

grockle wrote: 31 Jul 2020, 07:21 I have just seen a post on NL fans facebook page quoting the Dover Chairman. He is saying their ground will be limited to 15% of capacity for the coming season. If that was applied at Plainmoor, it would mean around 1,000 spectators only. I can only see problems ahead until social distancing is abandoned, and we get back to some sort of normality.
With Dovers average attendance last season of 1,104 and their ground capacity of 5,745, this represents a crowd reduction of 242 to meet their 15% rule. Remember this will be their worst case scenario. If they limit the crowd size to 25%, which is more realistic, then you are talking crowd capacity of 1,436 which is way above their average gate. So no lost of revenue stream for Dover - what is their beef?
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by grockle »

If 25% capacity is imposed at Plainmoor, that would mean 1,625. Last season, the only games we dipped below 2,000, were Eastleigh and Halifax.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

If, as I expect, the Gov't allow the start of the season with crowds capped at 25 per cent, Plainmoor allocation of 1,625 will be disappointing, but will, nonetheless, hand the club a much-needed lifeline to commence the season. These authoritarian rules are constantly changing according to who shouts the loudest. Once the season starts and the big premier club season ticket holders who pay up to £2,000 can't go and watch a match and these clubs and their supporters start to protest, watch the Gov't whistle a different tune. Money talks!
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Today's announcements about the postponement of large crowd experiments does not augur well for a September start for the EFL and October for lower tiers.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

Modgull wrote: 31 Jul 2020, 12:59 Today's announcements about the postponement of large crowd experiments does not augur well for a September start for the EFL and October for lower tiers.
There were 6 cases of CV19 in Torbay in week 20 July - 26 July which is + 4 compared with the previous week.

(Cases include positive tests of people in hospital and healthcare workers (Pillar 1) and people tested in the wider population (Pillar 2))

I'll just leave it at that.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

MellowYellow wrote: 31 Jul 2020, 13:22 There were 6 cases of CV19 in Torbay in week 20 July - 26 July which is + 4 compared with the previous week.

(Cases include positive tests of people in hospital and healthcare workers (Pillar 1) and people tested in the wider population (Pillar 2))

I'll just leave it at that.
Surely you can see that it is not just the position in Torbay that is relevant?
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Trojan 67 wrote: 31 Jul 2020, 05:50 Apologies SNW, but the well known sneak, sly Remoaner, serial loser, COVidiot and forum moron known as Plainmoor78 has now infected your football thread with an agent more lethal than common COLD-!9. Looking through the crosshairs, an infrared dot has appeared on the target.

Not every OAP (operative asset practitioner) is vulnerable. Identified targets are.
Well you can also class me as a Forum Moron because I also think it is crap. Why? Because it won't work. There are several of us old duffers who prefer not to use Smartphones. I'm perfectly happy with my old phone ..... with no internet connection. Are we going to be discriminated against? :@
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

Modgull wrote: 31 Jul 2020, 16:46 Surely you can see that it is not just the position in Torbay that is relevant?
I can see a perfect storm of cultural, health and economic factors including large BAME families living in small terraced houses and poor residents who have had to work through lockdown while taking public transport. These factors made one Leicester borough the epicenter of the city's recent coronavirus outbreaks. An associate of mine was one of the army of volunteers who undertook door to door delivery of CV-19 tests. Many residents in one three bedroom terraced house tested positive. The residents of this house totalled 40 people - sleeping 10 to a room. Leicester's houses are the most overcrowded in the UK outside London, according to the 2011 Census.

So, your correct, it's not just the position in Torbay that is relevant.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

tomogull wrote: 31 Jul 2020, 22:36
Well you can also class me as a Forum Moron because I also think it is crap. Why? Because it won't work. There are several of us old duffers who prefer not to use Smartphones. I'm perfectly happy with my old phone ..... with no internet connection. Are we going to be discriminated against? :@
You haven't been paying attention Tomfool. Get your arse over to the relevant thread and get informed. Start with the last couple of posts and realise not everyone is like the forum moron known as Plainmoor78.

Here you go, start here . . .

Full list of Dr Vernon Coleman videos including those banned by YouTube: https://videobanned.nl/vernon-coleman/

List of Dr Vernon Coleman YouTube videos : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd6F39 ... ibw/videos
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Trojan my dear Trojan, we know each other and I consider us to be friends, so I post this to you as a friend. If people want to discuss the seasons start and effect covid-19 will have on it, why can't they without the thread being hijacked and going off topic.

If any of us want to engage in a debate and have those with opposing views, which their entitled to hold, we're not going to win any respect by calling anyone who doesn't agree a fool, moron, or a little sheep, mate, we're both brexiteers we've been called thick, racist, nazi among other things, don't stoop to that moronic level. We don't need insult anyone's intelligence either, by insinuating they need to read through your potty training thread to hold a view point on this subject.

We all have to understand that covid-19, what ever your belief as to how it started, what it is, how bad it is compared to other coronavirus, and or any other outbreaks of virus, it's hear it's real, and it is effecting just about every country on the planet. If we take a whistle stop tour around the globe you'll all opposition political parties critizing the sitting government, it's same 'your approach is wrong' or 'your not doing enough' argument in every country, so all politicians in all countries can't agree, on what's right or wrong, you see sitting governments in neighbouring countries unable to agree on what the correct political approach is, so how are people supposed to know.

As many who know me or follow my pots will know, I drive a bin lorry for living, I've worked 45 to 50 plus hours a week all the way through lockdown, I simply do not have the time to read through articles and watch endless videos on this, but I have watched to couple programmes on tv and tuned into the radio to discussions on covid-19, we find scientists and virologists a like all shouting and pointing fingers at each other, how their fact based studies are more accurate that anyone else's, so the scientists can't agree, what are the people supposed to think.

There are 100's of truth tellers all over the place like your good self trojan, all telling everyone how their truth is more true, than anyone else's truth, who's right, who's wrong, who's truth are the people supposed to believe, because you'll find a scientist backing up every version of the truth.

I have an open mind on it, we've not had a single positive covid-19 test amongst our workforce, I know some covid-19 wards are empty, but I also know people who work for the NHS, who work on covid-19 wards that are full of very sick people, and not all have a happy ending.

All I do know Troj, it's up to personal choices, if someone wants to comply and wear a mask, doesn't make them a moron or a sheep, likewise if some doesn't want to comply, doesn't make them a bad person it's your choice, same applies to any vaccine, if you want it have it, if you don't , then don't, but we shouldn't feel the need to insult someone for taking a different path, it's there choice and if different to yours, so be it, it's not going harm you or I, or anyone else.

Note to admin; just a suggestion, could we move all off topic posts to relevant thread, yes including mine, put it here as it's the right place to begin with, so people can get back to discussing to the seasons start date.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Where to start Dave. If you can identify, you can justify. Trojan cares not for fragile egos when people are being killed. Trojan intervened on a football thread because the sneak known as Plainmoor78 drops sly comments on various football threads without presenting them for scrutiny on the thread created for that specific purpose. Tom Tom fool, driven to an incorrect assumption.

What is truth? What indeed. A truth commences in the mouth of embryonics and rests in the bowels of sophistication. Smell it? Hence the potty training. Don't confuse truth with awareness. Truth can be spoken and written. Awareness is what one becomes. Woke and awake are not alike.
Then there's information, the internet of information and the universal information ether. Unlike education education education, in formation information in formation. Structured, precise, accurate. Plucked from thin air in an instant.

Muzzles, vaccines, choice. It's mask not muzzle? Trojan has one word for mask debaters mask debating: W@NKERS
Muzzle wearing enforceable by law from August 8. Choice gone. Vaccination enforceable by law to follow voluntary vaccination? choice gone. Trojan retains options in response to compulsory vaccination including the use of lethal force in self defence.

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best. Take care Dave.

And now for something completely different . . .