Why do you support Torquay?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
bringbackthecowshed
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tommy Mitchinson

Post by bringbackthecowshed »

Born in Torquay- simple as that, first game March 31st 1959 11.15 kick off v Crystal Palace
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Born in Torquay, Dad and Grandpa supported them. My first few games Robin was scoring goals for fun, was hooked from then. I have missed about 35 home games since then in 56 seasons. A home defeat still hurts now as much as when I was 9. Easily the most memorable seasons were 1965-70. Pretty much downhill since then with the odd up. Will always be at Plainmoor as long as I am able.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

desperado is right!
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

The first match I ever saw at Plainmoor was Torquay V Newport County in late Summer 1972. My family had just moved down from Manchester to live in the Bay and I remember being amazed at the size of the crowd (bigger than I had expected) and the noise generated towards the end of the match. It was an exciting 2-2 draw. I was then a regular at the ground for most of the 70's until Uni and work called me away. I used to love watching winger Steve Morrall in action - what an exciting young prospect he was, but never seemed to realise his full potential. Striker Steve Cooper was my all-time favourite Gulls player although many others have have come close.