Gary Warren Loanee

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

desperado wrote: 11 Feb 2020, 20:03 Warren doesn't even make the 7 on the bench tonight ! Do they really need him ?
Or did he really want us ?
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Well I don't know - but I would have thought he would rather be playing for us than sitting in the stand at Exeter.
smw89
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by smw89 »

From a football perspective I really don't get that, Its only a division in difference and I think I'm right in thinking he's only on a 1 year deal at Exeter so surely he'd want to be playing games and getting himself on show...
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

I don't think he has a choice in the matter. He's under contract to Exeter City . They call him back and he has to go. Simples.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

He made the bench yesterday, but no appearance.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

grockle wrote: 16 Feb 2020, 19:28 He made the bench yesterday, but no appearance.
He wouldn’t have played for us anyway :)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

Perhaps a good chance of getting him at the end of the season especially if they go up as seems likely - not that I want them to or the other lot , ideally like to see us and Yeovil get promoted and have all 4 of us in League 2 but can't see that ever happening.
Argyle will go up with the sort of luck they get, think that Crewe miss at 1-1 was the worst open goal miss I have ever seen.
Grecian71
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Fred Binney

Post by Grecian71 »

desperado wrote: 17 Feb 2020, 15:01 Perhaps a good chance of getting him at the end of the season especially if they go up
I suspect that Gary Warren will be available at the end of the season whichever division we (ECFC) are in. We have a couple of decent young defenders out on loan this season. Previous experience suggests that we will give them their chance of breaking into the first team next season. And I wouldn't really expect our first choice centre-halves to move on - they're solid but unlikely to attract interest from teams higher up if we stayed down in L2.

Warren is likely to get a start tomorrow night in the Mickey Mouse Cup semi-final at Portsmouth. We've got to the last four of that competition with a mixture of reserves and youngsters, but will probably meet our match tomorrow.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Gary Warren does start tonight for Exeter at Pompey.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Alex Bass in goal for Pompey.