Next Season.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

MellowYellow wrote: 09 Feb 2020, 16:59 Back in Nov three points off the league leaders it is clear we were punching above our weight. The squad have done reasonably well in a tough division, but it is fairly clear the current squad is not promotion material. Hence why I am going to be ruthless in my choices:

Keep; Wynter, Davis, Little, Reid, Whitfield.
Extend-Loans: Lemonhaigh-Evans, Vincent, Warren,

Release: Hall, Buse, Andrews, Covolan, MacDonald, Lewington, Nemane, Cameron,

End loans: Lewis, Cundy, Longridge, Edwards

Loan out: Slough, Koszela

Undecided: Kalala - so much natural talent just needs to be taught how to play the game of football. Could keep one of the goalies as second choice.

Whilst the above will not meet the approval of many and probley won't happen, something drastic will have to occur next season if the squad is to 'step up to the plate' and become promotional material rather than a team making up the league in mid-table.
Wow as you say ‘controversial’ but I would agree with you apart from 2. I personally would keep Andrews (makes things happen) and Hall for his know how, experience, and overall leadership?
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

That certainly is drastic Mellow and ruthless ! Not so sure we need a culling
like that. They are young players who will learn from this season and improve next, and as you said got us to within 2 points, actually, of the top before the injuries got a grip. I think more of a tweaking than culling is required, as SG said , add 2 or 3 experienced players down the spine and we should be ok.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Just seen Mellow that you said release Cameron ! - have you been drinking ?!
Tommy17
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Tommy17 »

Agree desperado.
Cameron was excellent for us last season, I think when we get Wynter, Davis and a experienced C/H along side of him we will see a big improvement.
We only need a few experienced additions and we will be fine.
Fingers crossed our bad injury run is now over.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

DWB wrote: 09 Feb 2020, 17:58 Wow as you say ‘controversial’ but I would agree with you apart from 2. I personally would keep Andrews (makes things happen) and Hall for his know how, experience, and overall leadership?
Yeah, I’d keep Hall for another year, too. Would keep Andrews as he has a very good goals/assists record for us, makes things happen as you say and is still young.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Tommy17 wrote: 09 Feb 2020, 19:21 Agree desperado.
Cameron was excellent for us last season, I think when we get Wynter, Davis and a experienced C/H along side of him we will see a big improvement.
We only need a few experienced additions and we will be fine.
Fingers crossed our bad injury run is now over.
We have Warren... why do we need another?
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

The side is young and in my experience I would say too many are playing at full stretch all the time causing injuries. Once those players have had the knock back of bad injuries it takes a team a long time to build up what they had. The younger players tend to get silly bookings answering back to the referee when things go wrong, is a good example. If this side is kept together with a few experienced players added there is no reason why we cannot get back up there for the play-offs but they have got to start believing that they can do it. :keepie:
Tommy17
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Tommy17 »

Warren is on loan.
If we can’t keep him till the end of season we need another experienced C/H so we can get a back line who play together every week.