Current squad

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

Barnsley chop. Better late than never. I've posted tonight's team on the Tavvy Vs TUFC post. Never heard of most of them.
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

Buse
McDonald
Lewington
Slough
Kozsela

That’s 5 first team squad players and lost 3-0!!

I stand by my points and no apology, some of you lot are fickle and have absolutely no idea.

My points are valid and accurate, let’s see what happens over the next 48 hours, my guess is not a lot
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Richinns wrote: 29 Jan 2020, 18:37
No - what you actually said was if Torquay sign Tyler Harvey in the coming days then Peter Johnson should immediately lose his job.

Either take it back and apologise or own it and defend it!
Rich your wasting your time, you can't debate with people who've displayed a level of stupidity, for which there is no cure, and boy there's more than one posting on this thread at the moment.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

If you are going to have a pop Aggrey try getting a few facts correct from your armchair. These are kids you are insulting in your vein attempt to demean a club you supposed support.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I thinks its reasonable to expect that with five pro players we might do better than lose 3-0.

I appreciate that its a meaningless competition but you have two players up front who are presumably trying to impress the manager. I mean - we are playing Tavistock for goodness sake.

It looks like Lewington was playing for Tiverton for a reason. In anyones book he looks a godawful signing.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

These 5 may be in the first team squad but none of them are ready or at a standard for a place in the starting XI in my opinion.

Nonetheless for a competition like the St Luke’s bowl you would expect 5 first team squad players to make an impression on the game.

But it doesn’t really matter.

What does matter is who is in the starting XI vs Barrow.
aggrey_25 wrote: 29 Jan 2020, 21:22 Buse
McDonald
Lewington
Slough
Kozsela

That’s 5 first team squad players and lost 3-0!!

I stand by my points and no apology, some of you lot are fickle and have absolutely no idea.

My points are valid and accurate, let’s see what happens over the next 48 hours, my guess is not a lot
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

i,m not sure of your current agenda Brucie. We have no bloody money for Christ sake. Mid table in the National League - if that were to happen- is not the end of the world in those circumstances. Is this not obvious to you ?

Note for the record- two of the five you are so concerned about are coming back from injury, two are kids and the one you seem to have a particular phobia about I am not sure you have ever seen play...
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

You can't say Buse isn't a first team player
He was part of the team that won 7 games out of 8 , he was outstanding , won player of the month didn't he ?
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

Buse who has been injured for weeks literally had a run out. He didn't get physically involved and after half time didn't reappear.
Cruisinho
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Cruisinho »

People claiming we had 5 first teamers playing last night are either fishing, or are deluded.

How many league minutes have Koszela, Slough and Lewington had between them this season? Macdonald is second choice goalkeeper now. The only real first team player that played last night was Buse has been out injured.

Also it’s worth thinking about that some players may be hoping for a league move by the end of tomorrow. If that doesn’t happen for them they can only move to the conference.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

What you have to remember is this. Tavistock play in the Western League Premier Division and have lost just 3 games out of 19 this season.
They play competitive men's football every week and are used to playing as a team.
Our side was young men with very little experience of Senior Football interlaced with Buse who played 45 minutes and Lewington coming back from a nasty concussion.'
What did you expect?
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

the facts are simple, 5 squad players and two of which have been highlighted to support Reid moving forward this season.

Lewington was in the squad last week and played a part so if he is the answer to our prayers we are in trouble, simple fact is we need a forward and ideally a target man.

my points are valid because i have played the game, i have been involved in football for some time and know the running of the club/infrastructure... so armchair is way off!!
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

aggrey_25 wrote: 30 Jan 2020, 09:27 the facts are simple, 5 squad players and two of which have been highlighted to support Reid moving forward this season.

Lewington was in the squad last week and played a part so if he is the answer to our prayers we are in trouble, simple fact is we need a forward and ideally a target man.

my points are valid because i have played the game, i have been involved in football for some time and know the running of the club/infrastructure... so armchair is way off!!
Okay. So if not armchair, then agenda. If you are a former TUFC Chief Exec or DoF then it's a big agenda!
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark loram

Post by Jpr »

Richinns wrote: 29 Jan 2020, 13:38 I can only reasonably assume some Torquay 'fans' just enjoy/wish the club to burn.

An offer of mid-table in the National League (closer to the playoffs than the relegation zone) 18 months ago would have any fan wishing the best for the club rejoicing.

Yet some are now campaigning for blood from the best coaching set-up that we have had in many young fans living memories.

Simply disgusting in my book.
Not the goalkeeper coaching. (And that's across the whole country)
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Its not an agenda. Lewington is about our only option to Reid at the moment up front (who is by all accounts on his way out). Macdonald and Buse have had plenty of first team action this season.
I appreciate that some of the rest of the team are youngsters but suggesting that Tavistock are some sort of good team because they havn't lost many is completely ludicrous in my opinion.
I don't think that many people would argue that Keating is a better option than finding the net than Lewington. So it looks like we him have released him prematurely.
I have always supported the manager but I do wonder how much he is being backed by the chairman at the moment. Could it be a case of getting through to the end of the season and then perhaps a change being on the cards. Time will tell.