Current squad

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Richinns wrote: 29 Jan 2020, 13:38 I can only reasonably assume some Torquay 'fans' just enjoy/wish the club to burn.

An offer of mid-table in the National League (closer to the playoffs than the relegation zone) 18 months ago would have any fan wishing the best for the club rejoicing.

Yet some are now campaigning for blood from the best coaching set-up that we have had in many young fans living memories.

Simply disgusting in my book.
:clap: :goodpost:
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Richinns wrote: 29 Jan 2020, 13:38 I can only reasonably assume some Torquay 'fans' just enjoy/wish the club to burn.

An offer of mid-table in the National League (closer to the playoffs than the relegation zone) 18 months ago would have any fan wishing the best for the club rejoicing.

Yet some are now campaigning for blood from the best coaching set-up that we have had in many young fans living memories.

Simply disgusting in my book.
:goodpost:

Cheers Rich, you saved me a post. :-D
Also, I remember getting grief for saying I'd be happy with 22nd in League 2 for x number of years...
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Yes, some seriously short sighted views from fans who think we're entitled to instant success. Slagging off young players bought and hunted by Championship and League One clubs. Clueless management? Clueless fans morelike!!
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

I think that the problem with football fans is that they do sometimes have unrealistic hopes for the club. Yes every team in this league and its supporters want their team to win the league or reach the play offs, nothing wrong with that. I think that many supporters, including myself, expected Torquay to be challenging for promotion this year, especially after last season. With the start that we had, being at one point just 2 points of top spot and to then capitulation due to the horrendous injury list we've had, I personally believe a mid table finish is satisfactory.
Concerning Gary Johnson, yes I do believe that he has made many mistakes this season, I have changed my mind however on the manager and I do hope he can bring us the success we all crave next season.
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

Koszela clearly isn’t thought of highly enough by GJ as he doesn’t give him any time!!

Lewington has played about 8 minutes.

If he’s good enough play him!! That’s not difficult.

All we have is Reid uptop it’s not enough is all I’m saying, he needs support
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Koszela is still young. Lewington has been out for a while under concussion protocol. Hopefully they'll both get 90 minutes tonight against Tavistock.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

It seems one or two missed the period when not having two out and out strikers took us to within 2 points of the top. Injuries and the arrival of Janneh coincided with a downturn in results.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Bert wrote: 28 Jan 2020, 22:43 If the Reading rumour turns out to be true,what are supporters guesses as to fee?
Assume that as usual we will give him away
Probably not a lot. I believe Reid is only contracted until the end of the season which means he is then free to walk for nothing, therefore Torquay will not be able to demand a particularly high fee for him now since any suitor knows they will just have to wait six months.
If there is only one club interested in him then likely we will have to let him go cheap now to get anything at all for him. Two factors determine a players value; the length of his remaining contract and the number of clubs interested in him.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

portugull wrote: 29 Jan 2020, 12:24 The way the Reading FC Manager has been talking it could well be that they are signing Jamie Reid.
We will know in next 24 hours or so.
Elaborate more
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

BerkshireLive have a live link for Reading FC transfer News and are expecting 1 or 2 signings in next 24 hours.
Mark Bowen Reading FC Manager as made a statement that he expects to announce the signings within 24 hours.
Reading are away to Cardiff on Friday night in the Championship.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

aggrey_25 wrote: 29 Jan 2020, 15:30 Koszela clearly isn’t thought of highly enough by GJ as he doesn’t give him any time!!

Lewington has played about 8 minutes.

If he’s good enough play him!! That’s not difficult.

All we have is Reid uptop it’s not enough is all I’m saying, he needs support
No - what you actually said was if Torquay sign Tyler Harvey in the coming days then Peter Johnson should immediately lose his job.

Either take it back and apologise or own it and defend it!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

dawlishmatt wrote: 29 Jan 2020, 15:15 I think that the problem with football fans is that they do sometimes have unrealistic hopes for the club. Yes every team in this league and its supporters want their team to win the league or reach the play offs, nothing wrong with that. I think that many supporters, including myself, expected Torquay to be challenging for promotion this year, especially after last season. With the start that we had, being at one point just 2 points of top spot and to then capitulation due to the horrendous injury list we've had, I personally believe a mid table finish is satisfactory.
Concerning Gary Johnson, yes I do believe that he has made many mistakes this season, I have changed my mind however on the manager and I do hope he can bring us the success we all crave next season.
Southampton Gull, has this account been hacked?
Last edited by SuperNickyWroe on 29 Jan 2020, 18:49, edited 1 time in total.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

For anyone going to the game, any striker upfront who could be on trial or something?
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

Barnsley Chop, hi. I have and always will listen to serious debate on this forum. Southampton Gull brought up a very valid explanation as to why the loan signings have been largely crap. He mentioned that maybe uncle Clarke hasn't agreed to extra funding of the team whilst we had up to 10 injuries. If this is the case and we will probably never know, then I accept that my criticism of Gary Johnson may be unjust and on that basis I've changed my opinion of the manager.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

dawlishmatt wrote: 29 Jan 2020, 19:10 Barnsley Chop, hi. I have and always will listen to serious debate on this forum. Southampton Gull brought up a very valid explanation as to why the loan signings have been largely crap. He mentioned that maybe uncle Clarke hasn't agreed to extra funding of the team whilst we had up to 10 injuries. If this is the case and we will probably never know, then I accept that my criticism of Gary Johnson may be unjust and on that basis I've changed my opinion of the manager.
Well done for joining us in the real world at last dawlishpratt.

TUST Member 468