Current squad

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Somebody else blaming Johnson for the forward deal falling through - ridiculous !
And of course there is a back up plan! didn't you read what he said ? 'We are working on several other forwards we have been watching' -
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

SBP. I remember well all the rubbish rumours that were spread on this very forum when Gary Owers and Geoff Harrop ran the show. According to some, Harrop was employed because he lived next door to uncle Clarke, Owers and Osborne were related etc etc. I never believe in gossip. If it happens, it happens.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

We have two days left of the transfer window. Lets hold off on apportioning criticism until then, whether he deserves it or not Johnson will shoulder the blame because that's his job and he cannot come out and speak the truth about the clubs financial position because it would frighten the daylights out of the supporters. Fact, we cannot compete on wages and bonuses, we cannot compete on geography, we cannot even promise promotion. There is no quick fix for us and if Reid does go for decent money it will go in the main to paying down the owners investment . What worries me more is that Reid is arguably our only saleable asset, I cannot see any club falling over themselves to sign the rest of the squad for hard cash.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Two days of the League window for them to buy Reid, we can still sign players after.
As for Reid being our only saleable asset, give Wynter, Little, Andrews and Whitfield another twelve months and I'm sure there will be clubs sniffing around them too.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

personally i don't believe that the people they have been looking at will have any substance and it will be desperate.

look at peter johnson's current record... former south devon league player, Duku who we released half way through the season.... the rest have been terrible loans for no more than a month.

where has this Chester striker rumour come from and same goes for Reid, the fact we are now essentially in February and wasted a whole month with no forward is shocking from the manager and the board and recruitment .

IF we end up with Harvey i will be proven right and Peter Johnson should leave with immediate effect
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

The way the Reading FC Manager has been talking it could well be that they are signing Jamie Reid.
We will know in next 24 hours or so.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

aggrey_25 wrote: 29 Jan 2020, 12:02 personally i don't believe that the people they have been looking at will have any substance and it will be desperate.

look at peter johnson's current record... former south devon league player, Duku who we released half way through the season.... the rest have been terrible loans for no more than a month.

where has this Chester striker rumour come from and same goes for Reid, the fact we are now essentially in February and wasted a whole month with no forward is shocking from the manager and the board and recruitment .

IF we end up with Harvey i will be proven right and Peter Johnson should leave with immediate effect
What are you on?

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

tell me whats wrong with that statement?
Rhys1991
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by Rhys1991 »

PhilGull wrote: 29 Jan 2020, 11:54 Two days of the League window for them to buy Reid, we can still sign players after.
As for Reid being our only saleable asset, give Wynter, Little, Andrews and Whitfield another twelve months and I'm sure there will be clubs sniffing around them too.
I would possibly add Kalala and Cameron if they continue to develop also!
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Philgull I do agree with your statement on the players mentioned but not at the moment, may be for the future, that's why I said our only saleable asset, meaning now, For those of the Reading rumour persuasion if you listen to sky they mention that Reading are actually interested in Piggott from Wimbledon. As for the rumour on Asante from Chester, proven goal scorer in the national league north, for every game he plays he spends two on the treatment bench so hopefully not for us, we have had those players before and its a luxury we cannot afford.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

PhilGull wrote: 29 Jan 2020, 12:38 What are you on?
Joe Lewis, Armani Little, Frankie Vincent, Matt Buse, Kalvin Kalala, Robbie Cundy, Ben Whitfield. All good signings.
Wasted a whole month with no forward? What? We still have Reid, Lewington, Koszela and for most of the month we had Keating.
If we sign Harvey then we have a player who we know if half decent and should fit in to our team quite well.

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

Cundy a good signing???????
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Yes - Bristol City think so. Great potential same as Cameron
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I can only reasonably assume some Torquay 'fans' just enjoy/wish the club to burn.

An offer of mid-table in the National League (closer to the playoffs than the relegation zone) 18 months ago would have any fan wishing the best for the club rejoicing.

Yet some are now campaigning for blood from the best coaching set-up that we have had in many young fans living memories.

Simply disgusting in my book.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Richinns wrote: 29 Jan 2020, 13:38 I can only reasonably assume some Torquay 'fans' just enjoy/wish the club to burn.

An offer of mid-table in the National League (closer to the playoffs than the relegation zone) 18 months ago would have any fan wishing the best for the club rejoicing.

Yet some are now campaigning for blood from the best coaching set-up that we have had in many young fans living memories.

Simply disgusting in my book.
:-D Absolutely spot on.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com