AFC Fylde vs Torquay United 18/01/20

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

desperado wrote: 19 Jan 2020, 20:22 Yes and Notts County still have to come to us ! Shame the scheduled game is off in a way for the finances and atmosphere but on a Tuesday evening without their several hundreds of fans behind them it may be better for us. Yeovils fans certainly were very noisy and lifted their team. Cant see anyone but Barrow at the moment , top scorers, least goals conceded and 2 potent scorers up front Quigley and Rooney with 17 and 15 goals apiece. Only 1 defeat in 20 league games since Sept 3rd, who was that to ? Oh yeah us .
I hope that Barrow go up. It's a long time since they were a league club. They looked good but not likely champions when we deservedly beat them.

I'd be happy if we finish mid table but it would be nice to pick up enough points so that the play offs remain a possibility to keep interest going to the end of the season (and not so few points that relegation is the interest). It is however rare that Torquay have a season where we're not with a chance of going either up or down as the end approaches, so let's hope this year we sneek into play offs and who knows what can happen then.
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

Wouldn't be surprised if Notts County are champions as they've steadily improved over the season and with their financial clout in this league will help them and to be honest if we do finish mid table wouldn't want Notts County to be one of the challengers with us next year .
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

What exactly has Danny Rowe not playing have any thing to do with us beating Fylde though. You keep coming out with these bizarre references which insinuate that there is always some random factor which point to an excuse as to why we get a decent result.

Oh dear fat budgie Rowe didn't play cause he has waddled off to the mighty Oldham with his pockets stuffed full of tenners. Who reported that they paid 12Ok for him - was it the Fylde chairman who is more deluded than you are? - you should get together you would make a good pair. Perhaps you could arrange a night out with him.

Funny thing is that if Reid hadn't played (a striker who has scored almost treble Rowes tally this season) there is no way that you would have cited his exclusion as an excuse if we had lost. We won because we were able to get a stronger team of players on the pitch - pretty obvious to most people.

You should get an award for the most boring fool who has ever posted on here. Who cares what you do for a living or what saddos you hang round with on a Saturday night.

Why you choose to continually harp on about mental health is perhaps a clue - you are probably a nutter yourself. Now be a good chap and get matron to turn the lights out....and don't forget your medication before you bore off.
Ksgull123
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Williams

Post by Ksgull123 »

Brucie you need to chill out...it's a forum for gods sake and it's about different opinions whether you agree or not ..not personal insults
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

brucie. Please do not refer to people who have mental health issues as nutters. I made the mistake of calling Southampton Gull as being mentally ill, which were comments meant as a joke. As a result of these comments, i received 11 emails from people who do have mental health issues and subsequently apologised both to the persons involved individually and publicly through this forum. As i said before, if you or anybody else wish to throw insults at me, then bring it on. My reference to mental health in my previous article concerning Danny Rowe was made because as a former mental health worker, i have had years of training in dealing with people in hospital because of mental illness and their sometimes challenging behaviour.
Just to add brucie, i have never had, i have never seen or spoken to any mental health professional nor have i ever taken any medication whatsoever for any form of mental illness.
madmike
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: connor lemonheigh ev

Post by madmike »

All this slagging off at each other is now getting really boring
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

madmike, I'm afraid that rather than having a debate on an issue on this forum, certain individuals respond to postings they don't agree with, with abuse. If I was to say that the sky is blue, they would probably respond with insults and abuse and say that the sky is yellow. It is obvious that certain individuals target me because my views are often controversial. Nearly every post topic is turning into a slanging match and whilst I can take a joke, such as Southampton Gull's " insults", I think that it's time the administration on this site take action to prevent every topic raised turning into a farce.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I agree, it is getting very boring now.

Disagreeing with other people’s opinions is fine with me, but let’s not cross the boundaries of slagging somebody off because you disagree with them. Their opinion is just as valid as yours, so simply agreeing to disagree is much better, more mature and the right way to go.

I’m happy to admit that I’ve stepped over the line previously - a few years ago and learnt my lesson.

Let’s keep out the personal insults, the references to mental health, either of that person or in reference to others (who don’t have the chance to respond on here)

Future posts that are purely made to insult others will be deleted (at least by me).

Let’s try and get this forum back to talking about the football club that we all love - surely we can ALL agree on that!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Shut up you fat French barsteward and get back to watching your cricket 😉
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

dawlishmatt wrote: 20 Jan 2020, 11:21 madmike, I'm afraid that rather than having a debate on an issue on this forum, certain individuals respond to postings they don't agree with, with abuse. If I was to say that the sky is blue, they would probably respond with insults and abuse and say that the sky is yellow. It is obvious that certain individuals target me because my views are often controversial. Nearly every post topic is turning into a slanging match and whilst I can take a joke, such as Southampton Gull's " insults", I think that it's time the administration on this site take action to prevent every topic raised turning into a farce.
That's fair enough and it's okay having controversial views if they are well reasoned which I don't think yours are. You list Steve Cooper as your favourite player (good choice by the way) so you have been a United supporter for many years. Can you ever remember such a dreadful injury list as we have had this season? Not just minor injuries, but long term injuries e.g. Liam Davis, Conor Lemonheigh-Evans, Frankie Vincent, Armani Little and now Ben Wynter. I have been supporting the team for about 65 years and I cannot remember such an unlucky season for injuires. It is bound to have an effect on team performances and confidence of players which you seem to more or less disregard.

Anyway, as long as you admit that your controversial views were misguided when we finish in the top half of the league at the end of the season, you might be forgiven! ;-)
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Southampton Gull wrote: 20 Jan 2020, 15:31 Shut up you fat French barsteward and get back to watching your cricket 😉
If England hadn’t been so bloody good, I would have been able to 😉😉

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest