Aaron Nemane signs!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Aaron Nemane signs!

Post by Bristol_Gull »

former Manchester City winger Aaron Nemane signs!

https://torquayunited.com/signing-aaron ... ns-united/
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Starts today.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Did well today, great assist
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

Could this mean the end for je ne sais quoi Kalvin and the loan spell of the forever injured Opi?
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bristol_Gull »

I think we’d be mad to let Kalala go but Opi’s injury record has been a real shame for him
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Let's not get too sentimental about enigmatic players such as Opi or to a lesser extent Kalvin, proactive management is key & GJ is on the case , players need to step up week in week out & if they can't then its au re voir monsieur that's the nature of success at any level Sir Alex was a master at it & he didn't have a bad record did he ?
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Its not an easy job with Kalvin. Is he best suited as an impact player or do you start with him?? There is no question regarding Kalvin's ability. I believe he is capable of playing in the Championship however some games its like playing with 10 men. It can be the same with Jake Andrews, defensively they can go missing. How do you get the best out of them??
I tend to agree with Teigngull on this one. Just how long do you give players??
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Entirely agree with that SBP . You must have two extremely hard working wide men in a 4-4-2
Whitfield is nailed on for one spot whether right or left and although I didn't see yesterdays game maybe Nemane is in pole position for the other. I would keep Buse in with James in the middle , worthy of his place especially until others such as CLE prove their fitness completely and fight him for that place
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Good to have a bit of competition for places if we can. I would keep Kalala, frustrating as he is. He sat on the bench and didn’t come on yesterday. He will know the message from the Manager. Sounded like Nemane’s contribution for Reid’s goal was a bit special.

I would not seek to extend Opi Edwards’ loan. Not that I’m aware when it expires. If it is January 1st, I doubt we would see him before then anyway as he is made of glass.

I’m sort of expecting James will become a permanent 18 month signing towards the end of his loan. That will also be with a view to winding down the clock on Asa’s deal and Dickson remaining elsewhere, I would think.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Extended contract until the end of the season apparently,
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Post by Swatcat »

Indeed he (Aaron) has. Just MO but he's a flier and he has appetite. Good luck to him !

(Quicker than Paul Hall ?)

https://torquayunited.com/breaking-aaro ... th-united/
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

I do think there is a decent footballer in him waiting to come to the fore. He is quick and skillful and with the correct decision making when in good positions he could prove, I think, to be a good addition to the squad. Dare I say it a more robust Opi Edwards (whom I do feel sorry for)
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

A lot more to come from him I'm sure bearing in mind his lack of games in the last year.
Thought he looked better in that midfield role Saturday than out wide. He kept possession well, hardly wasted a pass and found space well.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

He still has a lot to do to persuade me that he's better than what we've had here there needs to be an end product with him.
Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark loram

Post by Jpr »

arcadia wrote: 17 Jan 2020, 18:38 He still has a lot to do to persuade me that he's better than what we've had here there needs to be an end product with him.
Yes I agree, he hasn't impressed me that much, he's just another ordinary player who gets out muscled when on the ball, and if he fancies turning up on the day will drift in and out off the game another kalala but less skill, we need an old head up front some one like akinfenwa. And a new goalkeeper who comes out for crosses and corners like Sam Johnson for Halifax town and there goalkeeper coach.