Johnson out

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Howdidigethere
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Howdidigethere »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 12 Jan 2020, 23:09
And you cant categorically state we will go down either.
Form can change.
Reid might just stay.
Who cares about the NLS champs from 2yrs ago?
Who predicted Brighton or Bournemouth would be in the premier league after playing us a few years ago?
I never have said we will definitely go down. I’ve said we’re in trouble and I don’t believe our current manager has a plan to get us out of it. Teams around us will act in various ways to instigate a reaction and we need to be ready to do the same. We may already have enough points to stay up for all I know but wouldn’t want to put money on it.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

... and I don’t believe our current manager has a plan to get us out of it.
[/quote]
Well that's it then, we've had it.
TUST number 080
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

Isn’t it time to shut this tiresome thread down
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

DWB wrote: 13 Jan 2020, 12:53 Isn’t it time to shut this tiresome thread down
Couldn't agree more - it's been a ludicrous thread from Day 1, mainly an opportunity for a few moaners to get things out of their system. It's already a longer thread than 'Nicholson Out', 'Hargreaves Out' etc.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Agreed lock the thread and ban Dawlish matt who must be the most boring poster since that idiotic Barrow supporter.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

Brucie, good afternoon to you. So that's your answer then, is it? You like so many other regular people who post opinions that me and many others disagree with, should be banned. Added to this is the fact like people like you have to resort to insulting people who post comments that you don't like, it's quite pathetic really.
GET THIS THROUGH YOUR THICK HEAD. I AM GOING NOWHERE. I WILL CONTINUE TO VOICE MY OPINION ON MATTERS CONCERNING TORQUAY UNITED. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, TOUGH.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

I don't know why I am even bothering to reply to this but some posts beggar belief.
Is the poster who said he doesn't believe Gary Johnson has a plan to get us out of the current situation aware of his CV ?
He has won 4 titles as Champions, another 2 promotions, been in a play off final for a place in the Premier League, several other play off and top ten finishes and some people don't think he knows what he's doing !
We all have opinions on players , tactics, formations, substitutions etc but none of us know more about football team management than Gary Johnson !
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

desperado wrote: 13 Jan 2020, 15:10 I don't know why I am even bothering to reply to this but some posts beggar belief.
Is the poster who said he doesn't believe Gary Johnson has a plan to get us out of the current situation aware of his CV ?
He has won 4 titles as Champions, another 2 promotions, been in a play off final for a place in the Premier League, several other play off and top ten finishes and some people don't think he knows what he's doing !
We all have opinions on players , tactics, formations, substitutions etc but none of us know more about football team management than Gary Johnson !
Really sums it up for me. It is insulting to a person like Gary Johnson who has been there, done it and got the t-shirt to question his ability because as you say none of us are qualified to offer him any advice whatsoever.
Personally I blame sky tv. People listen to the bollocks spouted by the so-called experts (who are nothing but has been Ex-pros looking for their next meal ticket) and then think they themselves are qualified to make judgements.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 13 Jan 2020, 16:05 Personally I blame sky tv. People listen to the bollocks spouted by the so-called experts (who are nothing but has been Ex-pros looking for their next meal ticket) and then think they themselves are qualified to make judgements.
Well put I was thinking exactly the same thing whilst pondering at home yesterday evening.

Everybody seems to think they are an expert these days!

As a kid (I started supporting Torquay aged 11) I can remember discussions about whether a player had played well or had played badly, but I cannot remember any discussions about whether the manager had set the team up correctly or whether players were being played out of position (a full back we had in those days was sometimes played as centre forward - nobody questioned it - it was up to the manager).

I would agree with you that the ridiculous over exposure and over analysis of the game has led to everybody thinking they could do a better job as manager, plus of course that FIFA game which is played on some machine where players throw themselves into it so much that they think they are 'real' football managers!

We had Subbuteo played by flicking plastic players around a cloth on the floor or table, and only the very occasional game live on tv. Even England international friendly games in the early 1960's would only broadcast the 2nd half as they didn't want to discourage attendance. A weekly highlights programme of one hour did not start until I was 14 and that was on BBC2 which most people did not have.

So, we spent our time in the park kicking a ball around until dusk. We did of course think we could play, but nobody thought they could manage a football club. Now it seems every bugger does! ;-)
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

:goodpost:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
wbw
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by wbw »

I know!!!! Disagree with a poster, so just close the post down. Wonderful!!
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stefano »

wbw wrote: 13 Jan 2020, 17:53 I know!!!! Disagree with a poster, so just close the post down. Wonderful!!
Ffs what on earth are you on about now? You started the thread and it has been allowed to drone on for 18 pages without anybody closing it down and as I am being allowed to post this it has still not been closed down.

That has got to be a victory for free speech over common sense and desirability! ;-)
Howdidigethere
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Howdidigethere »

The loyalty to GJ is truly outstanding. Most of the content backing it up (along with the nostalgia) is totally irrelevant but still admirably supportive.
Anyway, here’s hoping for 3 points on Saturday!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Free speech.

If people don’t like this thread, don’t post on it and leave it to die a slow death....those who wish to bang on about how shit our manager is at least have a thread in which to do so, if we leave this open, rather than hijack every other post instead.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stefano »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 13 Jan 2020, 18:17 Free speech.

If people don’t like this thread, don’t post on it and leave it to die a slow death....those who wish to bang on about how shit our manager is at least have a thread in which to do so, if we leave this open, rather than hijack every other post instead.
Good point well made. Pragmatic to the end Sir!

I tried to make the same point but I am not as eloquent and haven't got the advantage of my name being printed in red ;-)