Johnson out

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

dawlishmatt wrote: 03 Jan 2020, 17:43 So Barnsley Chop is insulting yet another member of the fans forum for posting an opinion that he doesn't share. New year, same old tosh from Mr Chop.
In reading several posts over the last few weeks, I can see where the responsibility for our current plight lies according to the Gary Johnson is God supporters. It is obviously clear that we urgently need at least 4 or 5 new players signed during this transfer window. Most supporters are expecting players being brought in from probably league 2 or experienced players from our own league. These will undoubtedly cost money, eg higher wages and/or a transfer fee. If uncle Clarke decides that there is no more money available, then he will undoubtedly get the blame dispite Johnson having signed 28 players. Time will tell.
I'm glad that Barnsley Chop has got new batteries for his radio as I enjoy reading his match day posts whilst he is listening to radio commentary on the match.
Online radio dawlishpratt.
Welcome to 2020.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

royalgull wrote: 03 Jan 2020, 23:35 Also agree, things have been really disappointing over the last couple of months. Even 3 wins out of 9 would have put us about 4th but we have slipped away and barring a quick turnaround in form it looks like we now have to secure our status at this level. Having said that we are 4 points off the playoffs so all is not lost.

I felt we were punching a ove our weight at the start of the season as the feel good from last year carried us through a few games and Reidy was scoring every game. The defensive issues were obvious and while I'm sure Gary would have wanted to spend more time and money focusing on that we then had massive injury problems further up the field which meant we have had to do a few almost panic loans to just have enough numbers. It was always going to catch up with us at some point as was the fact some of the lads who did well for us last year weren't going to be good enough for a team that has eyes at being at the top of the league.

I fully believe Gary Johnson is the right person he has a track record of success in this league and he knows where we need to improve and I expect significant changes this month to try and improve some key areas of the team. Especially at the back, ideally goalkeeper as well as another forward to take the pressure off Reidy and give us another main goal threat. Not easy but we have the best person in place to do it and any thoughts otherwise because we've had a tough run are quite frankly ludicrous.
Thank goodness the sensible and realistic posters on this thread vastly outnumber those with unreasonable and unrealistic views. Good on you Royalgull, Mojo and the ever logical Portugull. :bow:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Reidy28 wrote: 03 Jan 2020, 16:09 Can someone please bloody tell me how Gary and his brother have not had signings lined up? He knows as much as us that our defence is a massive issue. You’d have thought he’d have players ready to sign on January 1st. Loans etc. If no one is in for tomorrow then I’ll be absolutely baffled. All “January is a big month for sighings” if we lose tomorrow he has to go. We have 3 defenders available and one out on loan. Inexcusable.
January 1st is a bank holiday here in this God-fearing corner of the globe. The elf 'n' safety, hug-a-Sunni, vegan-sausage-roll munchers haven't taken that away from us just yet (a spot of Gullscorer there, for those of you who remember our craziest [former?] member).

No player who would be good enough to improve our defence sufficiently to warrant their signing would agree to come to us that early into the window. We are after experienced players who are, in truth, too good for us, but willing to come to us in order to springboard back to where they belong (see Whitfield, for a prime example). Those players will hope to have League clubs take a fancy to them, and will come to us only when that isn't the case. It's the football equivalent of, 'I wouldn't want to work for any company that would have me as an employee'.

Getting people in for Saturday 4th when the window doesn't open until Thursday 2nd is pointless. By the time the FA get the paperwork sorted, it's midday on Thursday. By the time the player gets here, it's 1800 Thursday. Friday is a light season to finalise the plan for Saturday's match. They wouldn't, except in exceptional circumstances, be ready or able to improve us after seeing a single session and little to no video. Senseless to rush for the sake of meeting an arbitrary 'but the fans want signings before the next match' deadline.

I will cough for the fact that I did see my arse a bit after Yeovil away and suggest that Johnson's job needed to be put under more pressure, but actually advocating for his sacking shows an inexcusable naivety of the circumstances surrounding the club, the owner, Johnson himself, the makeup of our squad (and why it is so constituted), and our place in football at the moment.

Dicko's continued on-loan status surely must tell us something. What it can't tell us is that Johnson is an idiot. That we know not to be true, so something else must be the case. What that case is, I'm afraid I haven't the will to discover on our collective behalf (sorry, not sorry).

We, collectively as a fanbase, are looking too hard for reasons for the team's current malaise. That our poor run of form has coincided pretty much exactly with us having unavailable between seven and eleven of the first team squad (let's not forget, we're talking about the likes of Little and Davis, not Slough and Koszela) is absolutely no fluke at all. I'll grant you, I'm not exactly thrilled with how we've dealt with that fairly major setback, but I defy anyone to name a manager who would A) come to us B) be a viable, long-term fit C) work for what we pay and D) have been able to do any better in the circumstances.

I haven't proofread this, so it probably reads as if typed by a Barbary macaque that's suffered a recent and debilitating stroke, for which I ask you to remember that that's pretty much my level anyway.

Boa noite, Aurelia.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

Barnsley Chop, you have the Internet in Yorkshire? The last time I was in Yorkshire, the Harrogate match, some bloke asked me for 10p to make a phone call!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁Thieving B******.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

I see Gary is still going on about referees and time wasting opponents and spent 20 minutes with the ref straight after the game. The referee played right into Yeovils hands and I've never seen a ref take so long to restart play after blowing his whistle, he just loved being the centre of attention out there in front of a 'big' crowd. Gary reckoned we should have had 4 penalties as well !
However I would rather he spent the time asking the team why they are so sluggish and not switched on in the first 15 minutes of games. 3 errors on that first goal, Lewis loses the header, Niate makes a complete hash of the clearance and Hall is so slow to make a block on the scorer. I wait with baited breath to see how long it is before Dagenham score today
Mojo
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Mojo »

We didn't lose to Yeovil because of the referee, we lost because they were much better than us.

I agree we were "sluggish" and made several mistakes, but what I saw is the difference between a team ready to re-enter the football league against a team in a re-building process.

Those saying we're in a relegation battle obviously think they're supporting Chorley, Ebbsfleet, Chesterfield or Fylde - and maybe they are. In terms of points we're one closer to the play off places than we are to the relegation ones. I don't expect us to occupy either come the end of the season.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Here in Whitby we regard people from Barnsley as Midlanders.
wbw
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by wbw »

Blaming referees is getting boring.

Look in the mirror Gary, that's where the blame lies.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

The reason why I haven't responded to this thread thus far, is, it's a topic that shouldn't even be up for discussion. A good friend of mine turned to me at Yeovil away, when some fans starting chanting ' your not fit to wear the shirt' and said 'Oh here we go, the premiership fans have turned up to support their little club' and how right he was.

We're Torquay United and we're national league, if you want to support a club where the chairman's worried about how he can fund the club without the £50 million from the Premier league, so we get this '10 games to improve results' and in-play manager sackings nonsense, then do us TUFC fans favour and fork off to the premier league, just think you can go down to the warmth of your local pub and boo at the TV, with your shirt on, and sit with the rest of the plastic wxnkers, oh the joy.

Can't add to some of the first class posts already made, other than, yes, Gary Johnson does have to shoulder some of the blame for recent results, he's no more perfect than you or I, but we were lucky to get him in the first place, where would our club be now without him, and I'd back GJ over anyone else to get things right here.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Reidy28
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Reidy28 »

I have a genuine question and debate with you guys...

If we do not beat Fylde and Ebbsfleet does he have to go?

Halifax win or lose tbh I couldn’t care about that cup.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I've got a better idea, lets flip this debate. It's the easiest thing in the world of football for any fan of any club, or pundit, even a player to simply demand the manager is replaced, it's an easy decision for a chairman to make also, where it becomes much harder is when you sack the manager where do you go next.

I work with an Arsenal fan who day in and out wanted Emery gone, was delighted when the club finally axed him, he then spent a week praying for Branden Rodgers, before Arteta was appointed, oh how you sense could the disappointment in him, sometimes you really have to be careful what you wish for.

So to the point, debated flipping time. To those of you in the Gary Johnson out club, come forth and name your successor, who do you want ? is he available ? would the club pay compensation the a manager contracted to another club ? Tell us why you think your chosen one will do better than our current manager ?

Now it gets hard, doesn't it, easy to shout, not so easy to explain.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Reidy28 wrote: 05 Jan 2020, 12:33 I have a genuine question and debate with you guys...

In short. No. Good post Dave(forever).
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

Arsenal supporters spent ages complaining about Arsene Wenger,bet they'd snap him up now if he was ever wanting to return!
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Reidy28 wrote: 05 Jan 2020, 12:33 I have a genuine question and debate with you guys...

Halifax win or lose tbh I couldn’t care about that cup.
Short sighted nonsense

No plan

No idea.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

forevertufc wrote: 05 Jan 2020, 12:57 To those of you in the Gary Johnson out club, come forth and name your successor?
What a great question - I am waiting on baited breathe to hear the replies - maybe someone will put forward Gary Owers :O