Johnson out

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

brucie is right.
Biggygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Biggygull »

I think we have a strong squad for this league a good manager and assistant. But we have the worst form in a poor league. Somethings not right.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

I don't even think it's a poor league. It's probably as good as it ever has been- imo.

As to what's wrong why don't we just go for the very obvious explanation-- injury after injury. If you doubt my view I don't suppose many sane Bournemouth fans would be advocating they sack Eddie Howe.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

budegull1954 wrote: 02 Jan 2020, 14:46 I would be happier with 54 points just to be on the safe side. This should be achievable even with our patched-up side.
Don't forget that there are almost certainly only going to be 3 relegation places this year (due to the demise of Bury).
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

And the reason(s) for shipping 55 goals from 29 matches is ........?
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

If he hasn’t brought anyone in for Saturday it’s speaks volumes for itself, he’s not being backed by the owner. Why has he only been signing free agents/loan players. Even last summer. Don’t expect any experience Central defenders coming in. If any do, they’ll be another Lloyd James, not played in months and won’t be match fit. Something has to change but it won’t
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

What a complete joke this thread is!!!!!!! Johnson out? Really!! Give him a 5 year contract IMO!!! TUFC needs stability. From two 'great escapes' to a relegation followed by a terrible start to our National league south campaign. Remember that!!! GJ came in and not only put 1000 back on the gates, lifted the spirit and gave hope to the players and supporters but achieved promotion starting from a 10 point defective!! This season was always about staying in the division and building a squad. Expectations were raised by our winning run which ended due to our horrific run of injury's. Only 6 points (ish) from play offs and people are calling for a change!!!! Short memory's!!!!!!!!!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I think we had at least 8 players out injured yesterday.

If Lloyd James was in Forest Greens first team he wouldn't be coming here would he? as usual you are being unrealistic.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Get Lloyd James out of our club
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

fred wrote: 02 Jan 2020, 23:57 What a complete joke this thread is!!!!!!! Johnson out? Really!! Give him a 5 year contract IMO!!! TUFC needs stability. From two 'great escapes' to a relegation followed by a terrible start to our National league south campaign. Remember that!!! GJ came in and not only put 1000 back on the gates, lifted the spirit and gave hope to the players and supporters but achieved promotion starting from a 10 point defective!! This season was always about staying in the division and building a squad. Expectations were raised by our winning run which ended due to our horrific run of injury's. Only 6 points (ish) from play offs and people are calling for a change!!!! Short memory's!!!!!!!!!
Totally agree Fred - great post. I reckon about 99% of supporters would agree with this. :clap:
toastkid
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

Brucie,.spot on!

Anyone who wants GJ out is a mug. He won us promotion and we are mid table with an injury hit squad.

Promote then consolidate, promote then consolidate.

We are TUFC after all and insisting on back to back promotions is nonsensical. Yes it would be good, but we need a settled club and then we can build over time.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I must agree with Dazza.
I think the National League is as strong if not stronger than ever before.
More than half the 24 teams have been in the Football League in the past.
Given that the vast majority are I believe Full Time I wonder if the day will ever come when the Football League has a League 3?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I don't see this as that good a league this year. The fact everyone seems capable of beating anyone makes it a competitive division but not strong in my opinion. At full strength we could easily have been pushing for top spot or play-offs at the least yet I still feel our squad has limitations.

I've always felt that Notts County would inevitably win it and still think they'll emerge as Champions. Yeovil will also be there or thereabouts.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Jerry wrote: 02 Jan 2020, 18:21 Don't forget that there are almost certainly only going to be 3 relegation places this year (due to the demise of Bury).
I'm not at all sure about there being only 3 relegation places this year (from the National League) - only one club is coming down from the Football League as a result of Bury's demise, but two clubs are still going up from the National League. However I stand to be corrected! Bu the way I agree with those posters who think that this whole thread is an absolute joke - Gary Johnson is a wily old fox who will get things right by the end of the season.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

budegull1954 wrote: 03 Jan 2020, 11:45 I'm not at all sure about there being only 3 relegation places this year (from the National League) - only one club is coming down from the Football League as a result of Bury's demise, but two clubs are still going up from the National League. However I stand to be corrected! Bu the way I agree with those posters who think that this whole thread is an absolute joke - Gary Johnson is a wily old fox who will get things right by the end of the season.
So if 4 are relegated that leaves the league a club short doesn't it? Unless Bury are put in the National League which goes against every single precedent.