Torquay United v Yeovil New Year's Day 2020

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SIDGULL
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by SIDGULL »

Thank you for your considered and thoughtful comments on tomorrow's opponents, Dave_Pougher. With observations like that it is no wonder that so many regard football supporters as beneath contempt. Oh, and if you really want to experience pissin (sic) rain I suggest you go and stand in the away end at Accrington Stanley on a wet day!

If you posted whilst under the influence, then please disregard my response. If, however, you posted it whilst sober then I guess you will, anyway.

You can vent your spleen however you want (and I guess that's what you consistently do) but if we had no opponents we wouldn't have a match.

Amazing that, on what some refer to as the kiddies site, there is someone who posts like a kiddie but still remembers Mansell!!

**** (usual spelling, as is shithole and counties).
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Ha ha briliant !!
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

SIDGULL wrote: 31 Dec 2019, 23:19 Thank you for your considered and thoughtful comments on tomorrow's opponents, Dave_Pougher. With observations like that it is no wonder that so many regard football supporters as beneath contempt. Oh, and if you really want to experience pissin (sic) rain I suggest you go and stand in the away end at Accrington Stanley on a wet day!

If you posted whilst under the influence, then please disregard my response. If, however, you posted it whilst sober then I guess you will, anyway.

You can vent your spleen however you want (and I guess that's what you consistently do) but if we had no opponents we wouldn't have a match.

Amazing that, on what some refer to as the kiddies site, there is someone who posts like a kiddie but still remembers Mansell!!

**** (usual spelling, as is shithole and counties).
have a laugh mate !
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

I remember Dagenham was a place that after visiting made you appreciate where you'd come from.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

HNY to all the yellow army. Misty drizzle here in Torbay this morning. So here is our opportunity to repeat Saturdays performance and with hopefully no new injuries we maybe able to select an unchanged side. I cant remember if we have actually been able to do that at all this season.
Considering our recent results the yellow army were fantastic on sat. Lets hope for a big crowd and 3 points. Safe travelling everybody.
COYY!!!!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Daves post made me laugh - but probably conveyed perfectly what my thoughts would have been had I been there.

Yeovils - billy big bollocks attitude was conveyed perfectly by their manager who described it as a "statement victory" - which was quite laughable as they got beaten by Sutton in their next match.

They struck lucky by being able to play the weakest side that has been put in in Gary Johnson's tenure. Hopefully we can turn the tables today but I am a realist and it might be hard as we will no doubt be again parading four centre halves across our backline.

I also know that if we had our full team out we would no doubt wipe the floor with these carrot munching, cider swilling inbreds.
'
JSP
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by JSP »

SBP wrote: 01 Jan 2020, 10:32 HNY to all the yellow army. Misty drizzle here in Torbay this morning. So here is our opportunity to repeat Saturdays performance and with hopefully no new injuries we maybe able to select an unchanged side. I cant remember if we have actually been able to do that at all this season.
Considering our recent results the yellow army were fantastic on sat. Lets hope for a big crowd and 3 points. Safe travelling everybody.
COYY!!!!
:goodpost:
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Good old brucie.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Same starting XI
28 Covolan Cauagnari
4 Cameron
5 Koue Niate
30 Nemane
25 Cundy
6 Lewis
8 Hall
34 Whitfield
7 Keating
17 Lemonheigh-Evans
19 Reid
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

:red:
Dagnall off for them for kicking Covolan
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

FFS 0-1

TUST Member 468

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Unbelievable down to 10 men and then we concede a goal.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Balls ....need to work harder now , make the man advantage count. Plenty of time left
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

HT 0-1
Disappointing v 10 men.....

TUST Member 468

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Sounds like we are pretty clueless to be honest. We get a big advantage when they go down to 10 men and then concede almost straight away.

Just seems like we contrive to lose a game when we should be winning it. Not much on the bench though so difficult to see us getting back into it.

Need to muster something in the second half.