Johnson out

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DartShitehawk1969
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by DartShitehawk1969 »

Modgull wrote: 28 Dec 2019, 18:55 I hope the Johnson-outers will now reconsider their views or else shut up!
I totally agree.
Time to delete this thread?
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Definitely time to put it to bed.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Is this a childs post? :keepie:
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

So happy campers, we have our first points in 8 games, 3 points out of 24 and you think that the trouble we are in, ( Gary Johnsons words after the Yeovil farce) has now gone away. I think that some people need a reality check. Get maybe 20 points from the next 10 games, then I will change my opinion of our manager. His poor team selection, alternating goalkeepers, putting midfield players as strikers when you had capable strikers on the bench, etc etc. It's going to take a lot to convince me that the brothers Johnson should be on their bike.
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

dawlishmatt wrote: 28 Dec 2019, 21:06 It's going to take a lot to convince me that the brothers Johnson should be on their bike.
Fair play to you..... it takes a big man to admit they were wrong. :bow: :scarf:
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

CP Gull wrote: 28 Dec 2019, 21:34 Fair play to you..... it takes a big man to admit they were wrong. :bow: :scarf:
:rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Howdidigethere
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Howdidigethere »

Agree with Dawlishmatt on this one. One swallow doesn’t make a summer! The real problem is Johnson’s inability to recruit quality. Duku and Cundy are prime examples of this. Of course it could be a lack of funds but if that is the case, get the youngsters involved. They cannot do any worse. Stop wasting money on shit players just in case one turns out to be ok.
JSP
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by JSP »

Howdidigethere wrote: 28 Dec 2019, 22:38 Agree with Dawlishmatt on this one. One swallow doesn’t make a summer! The real problem is Johnson’s inability to recruit quality. Duku and Cundy are prime examples of this. Of course it could be a lack of funds but if that is the case, get the youngsters involved. They cannot do any worse. Stop wasting money on shit players just in case one turns out to be ok.
Not sure how cundy is a shit player. Has been a very consistent performer at the back winning every single header and putting in solid performances most games. He has been a great addition to the squad for us.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Jesus Christ man get a grip. We picked up another four injuries from the Yeovil match.

Our back four today comprised four centre halves, something that I can never recall happening before. Our central midfield comprised two players in Hall and Evans who have been out injured for months, hardly had any game time and this coming off the back of a tough game 48 hours ago.

Given those problems we have won 4-1 and you are still carping. You just manage to make yourself look a bigger buffoon than normal (if that's possible)

Its fairly obvious that our problems havn't gone away but they will improve once we get a few players back from injury and those that do return get fitter. Its blindingly obvious that a few more class players like Whitfield, Hall, Evans and Reid have made the difference today.

Its you who needs the reality check. Now bore off.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Howdidigethere wrote: 28 Dec 2019, 22:38 Agree with Dawlishmatt on this one. One swallow doesn’t make a summer! The real problem is Johnson’s inability to recruit quality. Duku and Cundy are prime examples of this. Of course it could be a lack of funds but if that is the case, get the youngsters involved. They cannot do any worse. Stop wasting money on shit players just in case one turns out to be ok.
Recruit quality?
This is the national league not the prem.
You've then state it might be down to "funds?" Perhaps it is.
Youngsters?
We have seen players who played well last season get found out this season - youngsters maybe for the end of season games when we are safe.
You should be in football management with your amazing insight.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I agree with brucie
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 29 Dec 2019, 12:29 I agree with brucie
Wow - that's a first. It must be Christmas !! ;-) But you're right - Brucie's post is spot on. Gary Johnson and the players stuck two fingers up to the DawlishMatt, wbw and the SMALL minority who have been calling for Gary Johnson to go, and saying the players weren't good enough. It is ridiculous calling for the manager to be sacked when the team is going through a bad time, results and injury wise. What we have needed for a long time is consistency and GJ has provided that by giving the players that won us promotion a chance to prove themselves at a higher level. Whitfield and Little have been good additions to the squad and the loss of Davis, Little, Lemonheigh-Evans, Hall and Vincent has made a hell of a difference to the squad. And now Ben Wynter. Any news on how long he will be out for?

I will concede to those critics of GJ though that I don't understand why Keating and Lewis have not started games more often. Lewis looks a very capable central defender and Keating will always give 100% as long as he learns how to curb his enthusiasm a bit and not get himself regurlarly booked.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

To be fair tomo, I think brucie and myself have agreed on the manager from day 1. The stick he's got has been unfair in my opinion, the injury list we have would see most clubs suffer. He's been there done it and got the t-shirt so doesn't need second guessing. The longer we can keep him the better as far as I'm concerned.
Dave

dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

There is nothing that i would like better than for Gary Johnson to stick 2 fingers up at me every match. This season i have missed only 1 match at home, the Chesterfield game and have been to Bromley, Dover, Barnet, Woking, Chesterfield, Ebbsfleet, Notts County, Chorley and Harrogate. Do you think i watch this many games and travel thousands of miles just to see Torquay loose and therefore have a go at the clubs management!!!!
I, like all supporters, want to see Torquay back in the football league ASAP and nothing would give me greater pleasure than that to happen under Gary Johnson's management. Over the last several weeks, yes we have had a bucket load of injuries, Johnson has made many mistakes. Playing Conner lemonheigh Evans up front when we have more than capable players, Keating, Lewington and Koszela available for example and alternating the goalkeepers seems very strange to me.
I enjoyed reading Barnsley Chops text commentry this morning whilst he was listening to yesterdays match on the radio. I also noticed that our home game against Chesterfield just before christmas, he gave up posting after we went 1-0 down. What happened Barnsley Chop, did you forget to buy some batteries for your radio ?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I think people were referring to your habit of coming on here to vent at the manager after defeats, not going to games hoping to see us lose.

Keep the faith, in Gary we trust 😉
Dave