(H) V. Woking 28/12/19

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Bert wrote: 28 Dec 2019, 19:33 What a lovely constructed posting,not bad for a 5 year old
Or the fact this happened........

Saturday 26th October
NATIONAL LEAGUE
Torquay United 4 Barrow 2.....

:rofl:

They've won once in December. :S
Plank.

Who does he think they are?
Barcelona? :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

Having Hall in midfield again is excellent for us as he compliments whatever creative players are playing. He can close down well too. Having Wynter out is a blow as apart from Yeovil he has been very consistent. A decent crowd too seeing recent home performances and results. Sets up nicely for yeovil visit
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 28 Dec 2019, 22:31 Or the fact this happened........

Saturday 26th October
NATIONAL LEAGUE
Torquay United 4 Barrow 2.....

:rofl:

They've won once in December. :S
Plank.

Who does he think they are?
Barcelona? :rofl:

Barrow fan ray Johnson had a fetish on us, and even won fan of the month voted by the admin , now we have this prick . However I do sympathise with him, what else do you do in Barrow other than enlarge your own family.
Lucy
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Midlandgull wrote: 28 Dec 2019, 22:18

I've put together a vlog from today. Finally the losing run ends on the vlog! Let me know what you think and anything else you'd want to see on YouTube I'm open to ideas. COYY
Quality that.
Lucy
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Not been down for a while so it was good to see us at home today. A cracking and positive atmosphere at Plainmoor even when we went a goal behind. I won’t add much to the summaries above as they cover the game well. And a good game it was.

Reid’s work for his second assist and our fourth was top drawer. A delicious pass. His work rate was excellent throughout. So many had good games today. Asa Hall’s leadership was apparent from the off. Nemane looked dangerous, Keating worked tirelessly, Cundy - who I have been quite critical of - had a good day, Lewis looked strong in a new position, Whitfield......... Am going to do a ratings thing......

Covolan 6 Not good for their goal, but shot stopped well when tested. Prefer him to MacDonald.

Cameron 5 He is noticeably out of position at full back but was steady.
Niate 6.5 Commanding at times and blocked well.
Cundy 7 Good day for him.
Lewis 7 I like him. Strong for his age. That’s twice I’ve seen him play well against Woking in yet another different position for him. Did not look out of position.

Whitfield 7.5 In your face and first to everything all day, including Poku’s nut on him. Also plenty of quality. Deserved his goal.
CLE 6.5 Came into it more when they were a man down and part of some good movement after the sending off. Not back to his best yet, but a good 90 minutes under his belt.
Asa Hall 8 Colossus and my MOTM. Pulling the strings, talking others through the game. Captain Marvel. And he is respected by his charges. That’s clear. Looks leaner than I recall. Man mountain today.
Nemane 7 His first touch isn’t great, but he is direct and hard to defend against when playing like today. Offers some protection to his defender as well.

Keating 7.5 Worked very hard and showed some quality. An assist and a well taken goal. Glad he took his chance well. Not hard to see why he is a Popside favourite. Leaves everything out there.
Reid 7.5 I was close to where he worked hard to create his second assist. And what a pass to Keating it was. He wasn’t as good in front of goal as we’ve all seen him, but the other side of his game was strong today. Two assists and a goal. Will be missed. He is now a quality player. Real quality.

A word on Woking. Dirty. Was pleased Poku was sent off. He should have seen red in the game at Woking earlier on in the season but the ref that day had a shocker. A decent performance from all three officials today.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

As said couldn't go to this game due to work, but got some great updates from friends and family at the game. I've been trying think through my memory for such an abject performance that we saw at Yeovil even from relegation from the league and NLP I couldn't think of one, those dark days were down a lack ability rather than anything else.

It was fantastic to here, not just the result, but the manner of performance, also great to get feedback about the fans getting behind the team for the whole 90 minutes as well. You know what, when Torquay is truly 'united' from the club, to the manager, coaching staff, from the players to the fans, there isn't a better club anywhere in the land.

I'm guessing Yeovil was the crossroads, and some serious soul searching, maybe some hair drier throwing has taken place, to get a performance like that so quickly.

We've been on a terminal slide of late, if we're to bring this to halt, and see our team stay in the top half of the division it has to stay that way, a real important 3 points yesterday, well done all at TUFC.
Formerly known as forevertufc
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

lucy6lucy wrote: 29 Dec 2019, 01:11

Barrow fan ray Johnson had a fetish on us, and even won fan of the month voted by the admin , now we have this prick . However I do sympathise with him, what else do you do in Barrow other than enlarge your own family.
Missed out the word 'inbred' between own and family :devil: !
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

lucy6lucy wrote: 29 Dec 2019, 01:11
You are now barred for mentioning that planks name.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I agree with bert. :goodpost:
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Just read the Woking fans' forum. Apart from falling out among themselves (always a good sign) they clearly didn't think much of the ref. This is interesting, as normally on the tufc forum refs are either ignored or vilified (e.g. Allison), however (according to this forum) yesterdays' ref. was excellent.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by grockle »

wivelgull wrote: 29 Dec 2019, 11:24 Just read the Woking fans' forum. Apart from falling out among themselves (always a good sign) they clearly didn't think much of the ref. This is interesting, as normally on the tufc forum refs are either ignored or vilified (e.g. Allison), however (according to this forum) yesterdays' ref. was excellent.
Most of the time, when criticising the ref, it is because your team has lost, or had a player booked/sent off! Having said that we all know the standard of refereeing is abysmal, and doesn't get much better in higher divisions. :keepie:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Just to clarify, Barrow fan Ray wasn't voted for by the Admin team but by members. Members being the operative word 😉
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by grockle »

wivelgull wrote: 29 Dec 2019, 11:24 Just read the Woking fans' forum. Apart from falling out among themselves (always a good sign) they clearly didn't think much of the ref. This is interesting, as normally on the tufc forum refs are either ignored or vilified (e.g. Allison), however (according to this forum) yesterdays' ref. was excellent.
Just been reading Cardboard, and can't help wondering if Dawlishmatt and Stuwfc could possibly be related! 8-o
Porky
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by Porky »

The tall Woking centre back (clumsy, not Ben gerring) and their left back were arguing among themselves
Their game plan of wind us up and put in cynical challenges all afternoon certainly backfired.
They couldn't handle had yesterday.
Officials were pretty good for a change! Allowed the game to flow.
Last edited by Porky on 29 Dec 2019, 13:15, edited 2 times in total.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

I have been away for a few days over Christmas and unfortunately missed yesterday's game. I assume that DawlishMatt has also been away because he has not given his views on yesterday's match ..........