(H) V. Woking 28/12/19

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Gary's thoughts on todays big win...

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

DartShitehawk1969
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by DartShitehawk1969 »

Great performance today from the whole team. We looked a completely different side from Boxing Day.
I disagree with the motm though, while Ruari always gives 100% and I would start him again, Ben Whitfield was the best player on the pitch for us just as he was (by a country mile) at Yeovil.
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

DWB wrote: 28 Dec 2019, 18:43 Great win today. I thought CLE ran the game today and would have been my MOM. Great to see him in midfield and alongside Asa.

As has been muted if Woking had been able to attack our flanks I think we may have been found wanting, that is not to say the back four weren’t committed and dealt with most Woking threw at them.

Glimpses of some of our slick passing today which opened them up at times.

Thought Woking were a horrible niggly side who got what they deserved including a booking for their assistant Manager

One last thought the ref was good today, a young Derkin I understand so hats off to him
Yes agree they are a niggly side. This clearly comes from Dowson and his number 2. Spent the whole game arguing with the ref, lino, our fans, and fourth official. Think he even missed the sending off because he was in an argument with one of our fans. Clearly has no tactical awareness as his only tactic seemed to be to lump the ball up to Gerring and Diarra. Not a great idea when we were playing 4 centre backs!! Shame for them as they have some really good players (Kretzschmar always looks useful).
Barrow_fan_chris
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Fallon

Post by Barrow_fan_chris »

You lot are shit see u at our place.
Tommy17
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Tommy17 »

I thought Keating and Reidy were great up front today.
Cameron was solid at LB, and Lewis did a good job filling in at RB.
The whole team was on it today, well done to you all.
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

Barrow_fan_chris wrote: 28 Dec 2019, 19:21 You lot are shit see u at our place.
What a lovely constructed posting,not bad for a 5 year old
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

The best way to describe today is to express a feeling of real pride in our team who gave everything in a hugely committed performance against Woking.
If only every match had a referee of the quality of James Durkin. One of the best refs I have seen for a long time. I am not saying that because he gave a Red Card to the nasty little player that is Godfrey Poku but for the excellent way he controlled the match from start to finish.
Sam Allison should attend matches were Mr. Durkin is the ref to see how it is done.
Every player played for the shirt today and Gary deserves great credit for lifting the team after the nightmare performance at Yeovil on Boxing Day.
Asa Hall and CLE were immense in midfield and the defence were much better particularly Niate who won everything in the air.
Reidy was rested on Boxing Day for a good reason but his pass in the 90th minute to Ruairi was Premier League standard. Well done Ruairi for what I think is your best goal for Torquay.
Another wonderful performance from Ben Whitfield and Aaron Nemane did very well given his lack of match time in the last 12 months.
With Yeovil losing at Sutton if we play like this on Jan 1st it will be a hell of a game
Lastly we the fans were the 12th man today with the Pop Side excelling in supporting the team a fact acknowledged by Gary. In fact the whole Stadium was up for the lads and created the best atmosphere this season. COYY
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Somehow knew it was going to be a good day , watched the majority of the Sutton v Yeovil match in Boots, saw Armani having a good run and kick about pre match. Then watched a thoroughly entertaining game against our bogey team. While we were worthy winners if they had decided to play football instead of spending most of their time trying to hospitalising half our team then it would have been a closer game. While I agree Whitfield had a very good call for MOM the inclusion of Keating made all the difference to our team, his commitment and non stop play was infectious to the team.
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

Really good game today, cracking atmosphere, wasn’t expecting that after Yeovil but was glad the ground was bouncing. No point winning today tho if we fold against Yeovil on Wednesday, we’ve got to keep that intensity in our play, we had that edge today, little pushes off the ball, going in hard for tackles and actually competing in the air, we’ve got to keep it up. Keating and Reidy linked up well, as did Hall and CLE🙌🙌🙌
Staffordshire Gull
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Staffordshire Gull »

Ray Johnstone’s daughter piping up
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

TUST_Member_Rob wrote: 27 Dec 2019, 19:03 Games keep coming!

8 league losses in a row?

Let's get the basics done right

-Start Lewis at LB
-Don't play CLE up front
-Start Keating
I understand Lewis was at RB but thank the lord CLE played in the middle!

Bring on some revenge v Yeovil!
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

On the 1st of Feb?

Do you do most things prematurely? :whistle:
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Great commitment today. Considering we had two centre backs at full back they both did very well. Fortunately Woking had two short blokes up front but not taking anything away from Niate and Cundy. Thought Connor was our MOM back to his best followed by Whitfield, what a signing he has been. Pleased Ruairi got his goal, very well taken to cap a typically energetic performance
Reidy should have had 3 or 4 but he played very well and his vision and killer passes are top class at times.
Let's have a repeat of that on Wednesday, the players should be up for it after that and eager for a bit of revenge.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

What was the score when you came down here? Why are you even here saying that? We play you a long time from now! You're top of the league and having a good season for the first time in god knows how long and it's gone to your head. The division is that tight you could quite easily finish outside of the play offs.

Pipe down and sod off to your own forum.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

I've put together a vlog from today. Finally the losing run ends on the vlog! Let me know what you think and anything else you'd want to see on YouTube I'm open to ideas. COYY