TUFC v Chesterfield - 21/12/19

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

portugull wrote: 23 Dec 2019, 22:12 Louis. How can we tell? Is has been cut. Tells its own story?
To be honest I've not watched it yet has it? Hmm!!
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Paigntonfan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke young

Post by Paigntonfan »

I'm very very nervous about these forthcoming games, I don't know what's needed but we need to do it Quickly, come on Gary let's not squander all that hard work.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Anyone else think we’re missing the CAM role?
Covolan in goal.
Wynter in RB. Cameron drops out for Cundy, Partnering Niate. Lb staying in LB.
I’d start Evans in the Cam role with Buse and Hall behind
I’d start 3 upfront
Andrews (if fit) in LW with Whitfield playing RW. Reid playing down the middle in the CF/ST role.

4-2-1-3
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

Must admit, I am concerned, and definitely not Looking forward to Yeovil away as much as I was a few weeks ago. The injuries have derailed us, I’d like to know why we’re getting so many, could it be down to training at south Devon college? I don’t know. Saturday was abysmal, we’re lacking that experience, someone to spot danger and put in a tackle, break up the play, too easily teams knock the ball about against us, resulting in the ball out wide for the cross. Is it worth replacing Cameron with Lewis, he plays there for Wales U23, must mean something. I’d partner him with Cundy. Yes he struggled in some games, but Niate is diabolical. He doesn’t attempt to head the ball, would rather stretch his leg up, usually missing it.
We’ve got to keep the faith with GJ, it’s hard at the moment but like someone else has said, who’s going to replace him???
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

The defensive problems that we are having have not sprung up overnight, we were having them last season. Some of the goals we conceded last season were dreadful. We have never been able to stop the crosses, we do not communicate and our positional play is school boy stuff. Saturdays game just about highlighted all these issues. I ve just watched the highlights again, its inexcusable defending.
Cameron has been voted MOM on occasions and to me he's been shocking. Everybody around him gets dropped but never him. Last season Sendles -White took a load of unnecessary criticism. Cundy has taken a load of grief and been dropped, I m not saying he's not made mistakes but i would certainly select him over Niate anyday.
What is Downsey role in all this? Is he a defensive coach?? If he is he also needs to look in the mirror. He spends most of his time arguing with the officials, organise and sort it out for gods sake.
The swapping of GK is just ridiculous, this is down to you GJ, you need to rethink this.
What the heck was Macdonald doing for that goal, he just dropped to the floor. That is the weakest bit of goalkeeping i have ever seen.
Plenty of work to be done indeed.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

All quiet from the club and press on the red card - can we assume something happened?
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

It was a red card, for everyone who has not yet seen the incident.

Here’s the clip. (The one closest to the goal in Janneh.... Silly silly man
Tommy17
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Tommy17 »

He could put Cameron LB he played that position for Scotland U21, then play Lewis with Cundy CB
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

Just seen the video of the sending off incident of Saikou Janneh on Saturday.
I thought that Supernickywroe, Trojan 67 and Southampton Gull were idiots, but this takes moron to a whole new level. I hope he never wears the Torquay shirt again.
Even more astonishly, there are people on Facebook commenting that he shouldn't have been sent off as the referee didn't see the incident. Unbelievable. 😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠
Tommy17
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Tommy17 »

My grandson has just played me it in slow motion, definatly a red card.
We won’t be seeing him again, GJ not happy in his inteview and rightly so.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

dawlishmatt wrote: 24 Dec 2019, 13:16 Just seen the video of the sending off incident of Saikou Janneh on Saturday.
I thought that Supernickywroe, Trojan 67 and Southampton Gull were idiots, but this takes moron to a whole new level. I hope he never wears the Torquay shirt again.
Even more astonishly, there are people on Facebook commenting that he shouldn't have been sent off as the referee didn't see the incident. Unbelievable. 😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠
Its a red card, however how it was given was farcical
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Hammdog2601 wrote: 24 Dec 2019, 01:57 Anyone else think we’re missing the CAM role?
Covolan in goal.
Wynter in RB. Cameron drops out for Cundy, Partnering Niate. Lb staying in LB.
I’d start Evans in the Cam role with Buse and Hall behind
I’d start 3 upfront
Andrews (if fit) in LW with Whitfield playing RW. Reid playing down the middle in the CF/ST role.

4-2-1-3
I'd quite like to see use whitfield as the CAM role, his running is beyond anyone else and he needs a free reign to express him self

--------------GK
Wynter Cundy Niate Lewis
-------Evans -- James
Kalala --Whitfield---Andrews
----------- Keating
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

It is a red card but calling the bloke a moron - seriously. You are a mentally deranged ****.

Jannehs - a young inexperienced player who did great for us last year. Hasn't quite come off for him this year but he is still an excellent player who will no doubt go on to better things.

As for the sending off - well in your world where everything is completely black and white, where Johnson is shit. the players are shit and everything else to do with Torquay is shit then all well and good.

If you look at the video you can see that contact is initiated by the Chesterfield player who appears to pull Janneh back by the neck. Whilst Janneh retaliates he has hardly touched his opponent who goes down like he has been put out of his misery by a firing squad.

I am sure Janneh will have learnt a lesson. If the linesman has seen the full incident if its a red card for Janneh it could be argued that's its also a foul on him first which could have been a penalty.

Their defender has been bitch slapped at best - no one can surely argue that warranted him rolling around as if he was dying.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

brucie, what Janneh did was assault. He committed a crime by deliberately punching that player in the face. If some yobbo was to do that in a pub or club, he would probably get six months. The tussle he had with the player he assaulted you see about 100 times per match. Trying to make excuses for that thug, well I guess I'll have to add you to the list of idiots who post comments on the forum.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

Would people who post comments on mental health issues, please refrain from such language. I have received a total of 11 emails from people following my comments concerning the mental health of Southampton Gull. Personally, I don't give a F*** about what people think or say about me, but please remember that this is an open forum, seen by many people who may suffer from mental illness and become distressed by reading such insensitive comments. Thank you.