Torquay United v Stockport 30/11/19

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

Sorry Southampton Gull, I don't get that πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ˜‰πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

dawlishmatt wrote: ↑02 Dec 2019, 08:52 Morning stefano. You and Supernickywroe are making yourselves looking like idiots. For your information, I, alongside my two Grandchildren met this lovely couple outside the ground as they were having trouble finding a car parking space. After the match, we went to the Premier Inn and discussed the simuaralities between both clubs. If that makes me a weirdo, then I'm happy that I have another label added to my profile. [highlight=yellow]Supernickywroe, I used to respect your opinions on this forum, but I'm having second thoughts[/highlight]. [highlight=yellow]What's the Super in your name? Why did you change your forum name[/highlight]. [highlight=yellow]I'm fascinated.[/highlight] Perhaps it's something in the water in Yorkshire. I thought that when I stayed with friends in Scarborough, the water tasted funny.
Well, I'm absolutely devastated that you don't now.
Are you sure you've watched Torquay for a while?
And it doesn't take much does it?
And you've got the gall to call Stefano anfd I idiots? :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

dawlishmatt wrote: ↑02 Dec 2019, 12:16 Sorry Southampton Gull, I don't get that πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ˜‰πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
There's a shock. :}
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

I love you both, Southampton Gull and Supernickywroe πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

Supernickywroe, I think I've figured it out. You used to be known as BarnsleyGull, but you got the chop!!!!!!! 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

'Highlights' are up

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

For masochists only!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

My mate Terry asked:
brucie wrote: ↑02 Dec 2019, 11:13 Dawlishmuttface-

Are you actually mentally stable?
Silly Terry! He's already answered in the negative...
dawlishmatt wrote: ↑02 Dec 2019, 08:52 Supernickywroe, I used to respect your opinions on this forum
Clearly a lunatic.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

I think you guys need a separate thread all of your own πŸ˜‰
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I think during this barren run a sense of humour is needed ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

Southampton Gull. πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Well, having seen the lowlights, what about that call for a penalty early in the second half when it was 0 - 0. It wasn't as if the ball was driven against a hand from a range of inches, it was a free kick from a fair way out.

I'm not excusing what happened afterwards but the game effectively hinged on that decision.
Steve_TUFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Steve_TUFC »

Looks a good call for a penalty.

Clearly we need to rest both Cundy and Cameron but no better replacements. Surprised we didn’t signed an experienced defender to coach and support Cameron in pre season and really surprised we didn’t after the Eastleigh game. Cundy was a good signing but obviously a reactive signing after the loan to Exeter didn’t work out. Both will be very good future league players but at the moment they really need an experienced pro centre back supporting and coaching them on the pitch with one playing and one on the bench on rotation. I guess budgets won’t allow the bleeding obvious. We got away with an inexperienced pairing last season but we wont in this season. We still have time and can still challenge for promotion with 1 or 2 experienced signings but please no more youth or non league players. Assume Dickson will be recalled once his loan expires.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

On that performance Cundy isn't a good signing, and the number of goals we have conceded since he has been playing seems to back that up.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

I feel a bit for Cundy. He's taking the brunt of the criticism. From what I ve seen I wouldn't want to be playing in front of both our keepers. Rotating keepers is ridiculous. How is any defence able to build an understanding when the keepers are being swapped every game. Losing Liam Davis is a huge loss. Cameron's display has been way down. I honestly question whether Cameron is able to compete at this level because I m really doubtful on what I ve seen. Wynter went through a tough period last season and at the moment he is probably the first name on the team sheet.