Torquay United v Stockport 30/11/19

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

Wivelgull, I can assure you that I am not this ferrarilover character, whoever he or she is. At the moment we're all hurting bad after the last few games, non so more than Southampton Gull, Supernickywroe or Teigngull. As football fans, especially TUFC supporters have gone through the highs and lows that the club has subjected it to. We go again next Saturday and I for one, although I can't be at the match, will be cheering on the Gull's from Devon.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

wivelgull wrote: 01 Dec 2019, 18:42 I'm beginning to suspect that the character calling himself Dawlishmatt is, in fact, the wretched (and banned) Ferrarilover.
You're as well informed about this as you seem to be about everything else.

Starting to think you might be Boris Johnson.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

ferrarilover wrote: 01 Dec 2019, 21:48 You're as well informed about this as you seem to be about everything else.

Starting to think you might be Boris Johnson.

Matt.
Matts back! :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

dawlishmatt wrote: 30 Nov 2019, 21:29 Hi Trojan 67 and Supernickywroe. So I'm dawlishmuttface now, am I ? I had a very interesting day today. At plainmoor I met a lovely couple from Accrington who are Stockport county supporters and they and my two grandsons watched the match together. Afterwards we went to the Premier Inn at Newton Abbot racecourse and had a lovely meal. The couple from Accrington are staying at the pub for 3 nights. This evening we've all been having a great laugh at your comments, and my youngest grandson who's 9 years old now has a new name to call me.. Our new friends think, having read yours and other people's comments, that it's so sad that because you disagree with certain comments that me and others post, that you have to resort to insults. They can't believe that we share the same thing, our love for Torquay United football club. Having just watched Gary Johnson on his post match video interview, I thought he came across as being quite pathetic really. I understand from a source close to the club that a number of players are concerned as regards Johnson's man management. I know that many players are disillusioned with the sorry state of affairs at the club at present. If Johnson doesn't start turning the club around quickly,. he's going to loose the dressing room. No manager, not even Gary Johnson is as big as the club and to be honest, the stories I've heard coming out of plainmoor in recent weeks, I say the sooner he's gone, the better. So Trojan 67 and Supernickywroe, put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Delighted to hear and read your report of your day and evening.
It helped me drop off and go to sleep with ease.
As for your "new" friends, I bet they cant wait to get back up north
I suggest they were just being polite and humouring you.....
And do make sure that you point the finger at the right person re your "new" name before you bore all the posters on here with your drivel.
Thanks.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

dawlishmatt wrote: 30 Nov 2019, 21:29 At plainmoor I met a lovely couple from Accrington who are Stockport county supporters and they and my two grandsons watched the match together. Afterwards we went to the Premier Inn at Newton Abbot racecourse and had a lovely meal. The couple from Accrington are staying at the pub for 3 nights. This evening we've all been having a great laugh at your comments, and my youngest grandson who's 9 years old now has a new name to call me.. Our new friends think, having read yours and other people's comments, that it's so sad that because you disagree with certain comments that me and others post, that you have to resort to insults. They can't believe that we share the same thing, our love for Torquay United football club.
I'd be quite worried if a random football supporter latched onto me at a game then followed me back to my hotel to show me their clubs fans forum site.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Burnhamgull wrote: 01 Dec 2019, 23:25 I'd be quite worried if a random football supporter latched onto me at a game then followed me back to my hotel to show me their clubs fans forum site.
:clap:
Absolutely though the difference is that most people would not allow themselves to be latched on to, and would definitely not be the 'latchers on'. Weirdo is the technical term, though I am not going to use it as such expressions are totally unacceptable on social media sites! ;-)
davethegull2
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by davethegull2 »

Step back, take a breath. On any scale that was not a good 2nd half performance. GJ has ajob on his hands to lift the lads after that. It's clear that we're being over run in MF exposing our defence. We got away with it before because we kept teams under the cosh and worried about our attacking prowess. With all the injuries this isn't our game now. I have complete faith in GJ. He's been here, seen it, done it, worn the T-shirt there and back again. No need for panic or kneejerk reactions. Maybe managing supporters expectations has been his failure(sic) by starting so well. Now we are seeing the limitations of our lads and they have to learn from it. While I want them to win every game, especially at home, we have to face facts. I always expected a season where we would flirt with the playoffs and if we got lucky a late run to sneak in by the finish. I haven't changed my mind.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

Morning stefano. You and Supernickywroe are making yourselves looking like idiots. For your information, I, alongside my two Grandchildren met this lovely couple outside the ground as they were having trouble finding a car parking space. After the match, we went to the Premier Inn and discussed the simuaralities between both clubs. If that makes me a weirdo, then I'm happy that I have another label added to my profile. Supernickywroe, I used to respect your opinions on this forum, but I'm having second thoughts. What's the Super in your name? Why did you change your forum name. I'm fascinated. Perhaps it's something in the water in Yorkshire. I thought that when I stayed with friends in Scarborough, the water tasted funny.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Everything tastes funny in Scarborough!
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stefano »

dawlishmatt wrote: 02 Dec 2019, 08:52 Morning stefano. You and Supernickywroe are making yourselves looking like idiots.
Thank you for your insightful posts without which this forum would be a poorer place! ;-)

PS. Interesting use of the English language. Might as well have used Chinese characters for all the sense it makes.....
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

Stefano, without idiots like you, this forum would be a better place ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️. PS. I'm really very intelligent. At school I got 7 A levels, 6 O Levels and a spirit level in the shed!!!!!!!!!
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stefano »

dawlishmatt wrote: 02 Dec 2019, 10:09 Stefano, without idiots like you, this forum would be a better place ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️. PS. I'm really very intelligent. At school I got 7 A levels, 6 O Levels and a spirit level in the shed!!!!!!!!!
Well done you I am absolutely delighted to hear that ;-)
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Dawlishmuttface - Dave actually let you off lightly with your ridiculous message about dining with the Stockport supporters.

Are you actually mentally stable, because your messages don't appear to indicate that is the case.

Why don't you do us all a favour and bore off.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

brucie, good morning to you. It's bloody cold here in Dawlish. What's the weather like where you are in la la land? They say that having a brisk walk on a cold and sunny day is good for you. May I suggest you visit Teignmouth, it's a lovely little town around 2 miles from Dawlish. When you arrive, take a nice stroll along the pier. When you reach the end, don't stop, just keep on walking 😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Very sane individuals in Dawlish ;-)

Here's Muttface.jpg
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com