Chorley FC v Torquay United, 23rd November 2019

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

dawlishmatt wrote: 24 Nov 2019, 18:57 Having spent over £ 500 over the weekend, i, along with 2 of my grandchildren taking the train up to Lancashire to watch that rubbish of yesterday and spending the weekend in Blackpool, returning back to Dawlish at 5-30 this evening, I feel that I have every right to criticise Gary Johnson. I also had the misfortune to see the Sutton match but thankfully I didn't travel to Maidstone for the cup match. I'm sure that if anyone spent that sort of money to watch a performance like yesterday, they to would be p***Ed off.
I’m just as pissed off as many others who saw the match yesterday, but I don’t for one minute blame Gary Johnson. I certainly wouldn’t have stayed in Blackpool, maybe that’s the reason you’re so pissed off.
Lucy
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

lucy6lucy wrote: 24 Nov 2019, 20:02 I’m just as pissed off as many others who saw the match yesterday, but I don’t for one minute blame Gary Johnson. I certainly wouldn’t have stayed in Blackpool, maybe that’s the reason you’re so pissed off.
Good ol' Blackpool eh Lucy? Just like we were on about yesterday. :rofl:

You see Matt, footie is a funny old game.
If you'd have come to the Halifax or Stockport games then you'd have nothing to whinge about.
Or maybe having to stay in (dirty) Leeds or Manchester would have given you the chance to have a moan...
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

Supernickywroe. I did see the Halifax match but not the Stockport game. I travelled alone and afterwards caught the trans pennine express from Leeds to Scarborough where I spent a couple of days with friends who live in the Town.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Keating played well yesterday and now I’ve just realised why... they’re part time.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

In Gary we trust.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

dawlishmatt wrote: 24 Nov 2019, 21:13 Supernickywroe. I did see the Halifax match but not the Stockport game. I travelled alone and afterwards caught the trans pennine express from Leeds to Scarborough where I spent a couple of days with friends who live in the Town.
Didn't have much to moan about then.
......Unless your train journey was sh1t or it was raining in Scarborough.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Yes we may have a lot of injuries but Covalan/MacDonald, Wynter, Cameron, Cundy, Buse, Whitfield, Andrews, Kalala, have all been in the team that had done so well up to three games ago stuffing 4 goals past 4 or 5 teams. We've lost Davis and Vincent ,now Reid, Janneh coming in should have strengthened the team though he hasn't done anything yet. So it's not as if we have 5 or 6 key players out . Little probably the biggest miss. It's against these struggling teams we can't seem to battle it out then play our game .
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

dawlishmatt wrote: 24 Nov 2019, 08:20 southampton Gull. Do you really think that the squad when fully fit, is good enough to win this league? May i suggest a trip to your psychiatrist and get them to increase your anti psychotic medication dosage. With a fully fit squad, i think we may have an outside chance of the play offs. PS Uncle Clarke says hi
I believe in one of your previous diatribes on this forum you stated you were a mental health worker. If that is so then this particular post is shameful. You of all people should know this is a subject not to be taken lightly.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Mind you, a trip to Scarborough is enough to drive anyone dotty. This coming weekend we're (Whitby Town FC) playing at Scarborough - should be interesting, especially as Deacey's (Scarborough manager) wonders have just lost six games on the trot. O.K., I know this is nothing to do with United - I'm just keeping the connection going.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

Plainmoor78. Yes I am now retired but worked as a mental health nurse for over 20 years. The point you make about my previous comments aimed at Southampton Gull were in response to his ongoing criticism of several of my postings. I would like to sincerely apologise to anyone offended by my comments concerning mental health issues. I know from working with people with mental illness how difficult life can be when they become unwell.
Once again, I apologise to anyone offended by my comments.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

The point is that I just disagree with you and am happy to state why. Currently you lay the blame at Gary Johnsons feet, I think that is hugely wrong when his squad is decimated by injuries. You asked if I believed the squad was good enough to win the league. Based on what I've seen so far that's a definitive yes with one caveat. If this squad is to win the league they need to be lucky with injuries. So far we're not lucky in that respect so it is going to be much much harder. I don't blame the manager or anyone else come to that, it's pure bad luck. Once we're back to a full strength squad I have no doubt we could go on a run that will see us challenging at the top. Pre=season I didn't think it would be possible but the one person who knows what he is doing is the manager. I trust him completely.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

Southampton Gull. I realise that "your insults" are not in any way meant to be taken seriously or personally and to be honest, they make me and the Mrs laugh.
Likewise, my insults towards you are meant to be taken as a joke. Unfortunately, sometimes when I react to a negative comment you make about me, I respond via this forum, sometimes forgetting that many hundreds, if not thousands, will read our comments. I know, first hand, how people living with mental illness feel when they are unwell.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Hammdog 2601, saw your posting about Keating, to me it indicates you think his level is conference south, fair enough your opinion is as good as anyone else's, something this forum tends to forget at times. To put the comment in perspective, how did our so called star players and those with league experience do against a team of part timers, really well I hear, and to add to the mix, have you seen the Chorley's injury list, not as bad as ours maybe but they were missing three regular first team players.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Davis, Hall, Little, Edwards*, Lemonheigh-Evans and Reid were all 1st choice eleven players at the start of the season, that's over half of the team. To be in the league position we are without them is miraculous. I have the utmost confidence that if we can have them all fit for the second half of the season then we will be challenging for the title.
Janneh coming in has strengthened us admittedly and Little or Lemonheigh-Evans are going to struggle to take his place if he hangs around in January.

*I don't expect to see Edwards back in a Torquay shirt ever again sadly.

In Johnson we trust.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

The highlights confirm my view on the day that Duku should have scored at the end.