Torquay United v Sutton United 16/11/19

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

We were playing against a Sutton team that haven't won in a while, they are struggling in the bottom 4 regardless of where people think they should be currently placed. Rotating goalkeepers and selecting a back 5 at home which included Niate who to be fair to him hasn't played much football recently and a new kid at LB, he did ok he wasn't sure whether to go forward of stay back. Reid coming out starting his warm up 20min before KO shows there is something clearly not right. If he's struggling and not 100% then he should not have started. So why did he start??I don't think that GJ has any confidence in Duku or Keating??
The first 10-15min we were strong but it soon fell apart. We just didn't have any natural width and it wasn't great to watch.
Regardless of our injuries I believe we still had enough to get something out of that game. The two goals we conceded were extremely poor, we need to deal with situations like that defensively. I ve not seen a performance that looked so poor in every department under GJ before. What was going on with the subs I have no idea.
I m sure GJ is disappointed and I certainly back him to get things right.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Everyone saying injuries are an issue, yes I agree but we were still able to win games. Losing Jake was our biggest issue, been out 2 games and we’ve lost 2. He does more than he gets credited. He’s one of the most important players in our squad. He gets assists, he scores.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

SBP wrote: 19 Nov 2019, 19:19 I don't think that GJ has any confidence in Duku or Keating??
Ruari Keating was playing very well at the end of last season until his nastly injury, and don't forget he was scoring goals in this league when Kevin Nicholson signed him. For whatever reason, he has not been given much playing time this season. If he has lost confidence since his injury, it seems to me that it would make sense to loan him out to, say, a National League South side where he would get regular games to help him get his confidence back, rather than having him sat on the bench doing nothing.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

tomogull wrote: 19 Nov 2019, 23:11 Ruari Keating was playing very well at the end of last season until his nastly injury, and don't forget he was scoring goals in this league when Kevin Nicholson signed him. For whatever reason, he has not been given much playing time this season. If he has lost confidence since his injury, it seems to me that it would make sense to loan him out to, say, a National League South side where he would get regular games to help him get his confidence back, rather than having him sat on the bench doing nothing.

Personally I think Keating will leave soon, he's down the pecking order with GJ and you can see his frustration. If Jamie Reid is not 100% and he still selects him than that says everything about what GJ thinks of Duku's ability to lead the line.

(Quote fixed-SG)