Torquay United v Sutton United 16/11/19

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 16 Nov 2019, 15:23 Bugger . ...going to tune in now , will see you at Harrogate in 3 weeks if your going. I'm 100% going got weekend off , can't wait
Yes mate will be there.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Vincent off injured.
Kalala on.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

GET IN!!!! 1-1
Ben Wynter - great play from Jamie Reid!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

HT 1-1.
Did well do get back in it after Frankie went off injured.

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

FFS!
1-2
Clear foul not given in the build up

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

FT 1-2.
Usual time wasting by the opposition and poor referee.
Commo's said foul in build up to their second goal and we should have had a pen for a foul in the box,but got a free kick on the edge instead.
Two more midfielders injured - Frankie & Ben Whitfield

TUST Member 468

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Got what we deserved from the game today, absolutely nothing. Bright start to the game, soon faded out after Sutton took the lead from pretty much their first dangerous attack, little or nothing else to say about the game really.

Yes, we've got injuries to key players, I fully accept that, but we've been winning games with these injuries so we can't just throw that in as an excuse. today what I didn't get is, why after Sutton had got to grips with our wing back system, did we stick with it until the 83rd minute ? the gap between our midfield which had dropped far too deep, and Janneh, with the totally isolated Reid, was wider than the ocean.

I stood there with friends and we could all see the second Sutton goal was coming, my personal opinion was, GJ should have, taken Naite off a lot sooner, brought on Keating, which would have given us more strength and physicality up front, asked some questions of their defence, and hopefully pushed Sutton back.

Won't blame Colovan either, made three top drawer saves which kept the score real.

I'm not a Gary Johnson nay sayer, I'm not climbing on his back after one bad result, this just me being honest with my opinion on what I saw today, think GJ has got it all wrong, which to be fair isn't very often.
Formerly known as forevertufc
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

Bad day at the office today. We failed to beat a poor side. I don’t quite know why GJ played with a back 3 (5) today? It seemed that the players seemed to struggle with that formation.perhaps it was a case of picking a team around who was available?
2 more injuries picked up today meaning if they are serious we have no midfield left whatsoever. Maybe Pete Johnson is on the phone already!!
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

forevertufc wrote: 16 Nov 2019, 18:18 Got what we deserved from the game today, absolutely nothing. Bright start to the game, soon faded out after Sutton took the lead from pretty much their first dangerous attack, little or nothing else to say about the game really.
Exactly how I saw it. No excuses we were crap.
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

Really poor performance today. The 3 at the back really didn’t work, surprised it wasn’t changed at least at half time, should of been earlier. The big number 9 was winning everything against our 3 CBs, which was a worry. Sutton’s game plan was obvious and they executed it perfectly. We couldn’t get Reid or janneh in to the game. I think we really missed Andrews today, we brings a bit of calm into the team and refuses to mindlessly lump it forward. On to the next one, hopefully the loan system gets used again this week
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Reminiscent of a Gary Owers formation and performance today. We are lucky that so many of the other results went our way and we are still well in the mix. However, our injury list is a big concern and even GJ magic wand can't fix everything. Not sure anyone has the answer to this conundrum.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Very poor today. I don't know what was going on at 1440 when Reid comes running out with Kai and starts his warm up?? Surely there was a problem??
We really should have been 3 up after 15 min, after that we were poor, never really got hold of the ball. No width just back to front and poor.
Yes the ref was poor and Sutton spent most of the afternoon rolling around. But we never deserved anything from that game. If you are Keating now you know your time is up. Duko had that final opportunity and the keeper saved it.
We are decimated in midfield with injuries now. Reid is definitely not 100%.
One shinning light was Ben Wynter who deservedly got the mom. His goal was about the only bit of quality today.
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

Yes a bad performance from us but unfortunately we lost our only creative midfielder left after not very long. It was left to Whitfield to take them on. All our experienced players out and not back for a while either. Reid probably the oldest at 25. Unfortunately every team whether top or near the bottom has experienced squads and can see out games like they did today. Lewis is back from international duty which is one back next week.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

As stated the ref was poor(that's a given for this league) they time wasted bigtime(down to the ref) but that just deflects from an appalling display, with a very few exceptions, Wynter was outstanding even without his goal, Smith played very well, but must be thinking what have I joined. The back three , well you would have thought in was sprung on them an hour before kick off, they just didn't get it, they didn't even warm up together before the start, the fullbacks moving to wing backs got it but had no outlet up front and why or why do we persist on lumping airborne long balls to Reid who plays on the ground, and I agree I think he is carrying an injury. Buse may run more than any other player but contributes zero, Vincent is much too lightweight and was bullied all afternoon, they were always more likely to score two than us, I feel for Johnson and his limited alternatives but he cannot be immune from criticism on this display.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

culmstockgull wrote: 16 Nov 2019, 19:29Reid... I agree I think he is carrying an injury......Vincent is much too lightweight and was bullied all afternoon.
Reid - Bunion said GJ in interview.
Vincent - He wasn’t on the pitch for most of it.