FA Cup - Torquay United v Maidstone United - ALL TICKET

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

happytorq wrote: 04 Nov 2019, 17:05
I wonder if these "processing charges" are a way to increase their revenue. I recall that proceeds from FA Cup are split (I think 45/45/10 towards home team/away team/FA, thought this might be outdated) but I would imagine that the processing charges would be exempt from that.

So limiting away fans to tickets purchased ahead of time, online, could increase their bottom line.

Or maybe I'm turning into a conspiracy theorist :)
You will find they can charge for Referee, lines person, gate men, stewards, program sellers anything they spend money on for the game then the away team can claim for hotel and travel. The the gate is then split, been there and done it. If there is a loss on the day the loss is shared like you stated things might have changed a little from 10 years ago.
I am going got my ticket or emergency toilet paper and need to sit I am hoping I can get one of the 30 seats. :-D
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

Yes wont make much cash on the gate. So although we will stay over we won our previous tie so that covered
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

I have just visited the ticket site, and apparently there are still 281 tickets available in various categories. That means they have sold only 269, so why was it made all ticket for us? :keepie:
Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Post by Swatcat »

Apparently Opi Edwards is injured again but Saiko Janneh has been cleared to play.
Good luck with the tickets !
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

Edwards is a total waste of a loan. Never fit for long
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
pnutgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by pnutgull »

Grockle,

You might need to check your maths as if the figures on there are accurate and they started at 550 it means that with 240 remaining then just over 300 will be at the match. That ties in with the sort of numbers suggested on this site and is quite good for a match like this.

Having said that. Yes absolutely. Why on earth did they make it all ticket for away fans. If its police related saying that look at the problems at Bath and WSM last year then they really haven't got a clue.

Am looking forward to it though !
Dave 40
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Dave 40 »

Hi maidstone united supporter here the reason for segregation and tickets for away supporters is because of certain home and away supporters getting carried away we have a good support and jealousy in our leaghe leads to some unsavoury behaviour but we're ok on the best part see you soon in the weather spoons society rooms next to maidstone east station friendly atmosphere Hooe you have a good journey and a good day out coytumufc coymu ps your site is a right a... to get on lol
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Dave 40 wrote: 09 Nov 2019, 07:51 Hi maidstone united supporter here the reason for segregation and tickets for away supporters is because of certain home and away supporters getting carried away we have a good support and jealousy in our leaghe leads to some unsavoury behaviour but we're ok on the best part see you soon in the weather spoons society rooms next to maidstone east station friendly atmosphere Hooe you have a good journey and a good day out coytumufc coymu ps your site is a right a... to get on lol
While accepting your comments, why decide five day ago and not when the draw was made. Further, you can still have segregation without making it all ticket. Just saying 😉
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

It was either for capacity, potential disorder, or both.

We know Torquay won' take 550 but the police may be being cautious.
All ticket isn't generally required unless significant risk of disorder - fans deliberately going in other team's section. Which seems unlikely.

Probably an over the top reaction by Kent police and Maidstone FC to a few of our aways last year .

And in any of the cases the decision should have been made sooner.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

standupsitdown wrote: 09 Nov 2019, 09:11 It was either for capacity, potential disorder, or both.

We know Torquay won't take 550 but the police may be being cautious.

Probably an over the top reaction by Kent police and Maidstone FC to a few of our aways last year .
No doubt it is a reaction but whether over reaction is questionable. We can actually blame the small number of our fans who caused disproportionate mayhem at a couple of our away games in National League South last season - police do pass information between forces, so Kent Police has decided not to get caught out.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Dave 40 wrote: 09 Nov 2019, 07:51ps your site is a right a... to get on lol
How so? Always looking to make the site easier for all to use and welcome your feedback.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Andrews misses out with an ankle injury, Keating back on the bench. Only 5 of 7 subs named.
The gulls are going up
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

28 Covolan Cauagnari
2 Wynter
4 Cameron
25 Cundy
3 Davis
20 Kalala
15 Buse
14 Vincent
34 Whitfield
26 Janneh
19 Reid

Substitutes
1 MacDonald
5 Koue Niate
6 Lewis
7 Keating
9 Duku

A shame not to see Hall on the bench or a youngster or two!
Godalming Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Godalming Gull »

Sitting with the home supporters to guarantee a seat!
Yellow army in great voice. Go Gulls!!