FC Halifax V Torquay United 2/11/19

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Wow what a performance !!
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

Great result and with other results going our way now only 2 points off the top!!
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Midlandgull wrote: 02 Nov 2019, 13:12 We need to crowd fund your attendance to every single game. We'll be in the Premiership in 5 years!
Good news is I have already booked Chorley. And Harrogate...
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

Brilliant stuff! Boreham Wood equalised v Yeovil in the 90th min as well so we are 2 points off top instead of 3 had Yeovil won.

1) Bromey - 36 points
2) Yeovil 35 points
3) Halifax - 35 points
4) Barrow 34 points (+10 GD)
5) TUFC 34 points (+8 GD)
6) Harrogate - 32 points
7) Notts County- 31 points
8) Woking - 31 points

There are only 8 points separating 12th (Dover) to Bromley in first. Game on from a TUFC perspective, the title is well up for grabs!
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

Gulliball wrote: 02 Nov 2019, 17:06 Good news is I have already booked Chorley. And Harrogate...
We need you at Yeovil for sure!
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Great result and great support I'm sure. Wish I could have have made it today but unable to with work , surperb stuff.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

213 away attendees - well done everyone!
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Midlandgull wrote: 02 Nov 2019, 17:07 We need you at Yeovil for sure!

Booked 7th December, I'm 100% at the Harrogate game. See you all there.....
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Midlandgull wrote: 02 Nov 2019, 17:07 We need you at Yeovil for sure!
Weather permitting I should be at all the games between 21st December and NYD inclusive.

Today was exactly what I hoped for when setting off. A comfortable win, 4 goals and we looked really dangerous. There's a chance to put a little run together now and get right into the promotion mix. See you all at Chorley!
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
DWB
First Regular
First Regular

Post by DWB »

Gulliball wrote: 02 Nov 2019, 18:52 I predict we will be top of the league come the end of November setting us up for a ‘difficult’ December with Harrogate, Chesterfield, Woking and Yeovil twice to come.If we can come out of December at or near the top then I predict we could well end up promoted!! A bold statement I know but why not!!
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

Don't get this rotating of keepers .Cant help the defenders
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

Really good result today. For those of us on here that had to endure two 'great escapes' and a relegation this is such a turn around. Gary Johnson's young side play some really good football at times while keeping you on the edge of your seat till the end. May be put in my place but I make Reidy equal top scorer in the top 5 leagues!! Hopefully he stays in the new year. Every team is looking for a goal scorer. Buse and Andrews for me seem to get better every week. Hopefully a good cup run starts next week!!
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Chris B »

Outstanding win today. Prior to this afternoon, I'd seen two defeats and no goals for. Well, no danger, it was incredibly convincing at The Shay. Our interplay going forward was exceptional for long periods, at times reminscent of the incisivie possession during Leroy's stellar season.

Speaking to locals after the game, it seems they were missing their captain and defensive linchpin Brown. However, I'd be amazed if he would've been able to hold his team together against our frontline. Reid was simply brilliant. Two years ago, he fired our equaliser at Halifax, but cut a confused and maligned figure. Now, he guarantees goals. More than that, he occupied their defenders, held the ball and supplied the right ball at the right moment (for his second and Kalala's goal). His partnership with Janneh - great to have him back, but how did he not make it 3 in the first half?! - could be devastating before the new year.

It felt like a real collective effort today, and Johnson and the team include the fans in that with the celebrations. Of course it'd be good to avoid conceding goals, and we do seem susceptible to direct wing play and scrambles in our box. In reality, though, a team above us in the table mustered a 10min spell straight after a half time rollicking and a consolation when the game was safe. Job done. Great to be part of the Yellow Army - viva the Yorkshire Gulls!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Fantastic win today against a very dangerous opposition, they never gave up. We could quite easily have won this 8-4. The game was so open and equally some bad misses that should have been put away. We where so exposed on the right side. But overall we fully deserved the win, and we could be top after the Sutton game. The support today was a credit
Lucy
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

We are right in this now and Garys got the momentum going like last season , we are scoring goals for fun and the players must be hungry for another title. He has gradually improved the team despite a fair few injuries, Cundy has been a great signing and now Cameron can see what he's doing they are forming a good partnership. Whitfield has been terrific and Buse and Vincent have been full of energy and slick passing and exceeded my expectations. With Janneh back the goals should keep coming, I said at the start of the season that Reid couldn't be expected to get 30 goals again but expected him to get 20 plus . At this rate he is going to get close again. Just hope he and the club reject all offers in January , getting back in the League is far more important.