Torquay Vs Boreham wood Fa Cup 4th qualifying round19.10

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

Excellent result!! COYY
JSP
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by JSP »

Does this mean we are through to the first round?
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

JSP wrote: 19 Oct 2019, 17:15 Does this mean we are through to the first round?
Yes. Draw on Monday from 7.00pm live on BBC2. Our ball number is 75. Exeter are 16, and Argyle are 33. :scarf:
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Quick comment that I thought Cundy was excellent today, marshalled Marsh and Tismangha very well, didn't deserve an own goal against him!!
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

brucie wrote: 19 Oct 2019, 14:50No Kalala
Anyone know why? :keepie:
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

Great result. Good cup run would be fantastic.
Obviously great to get a local derby, also a chance of a great away day, what about Sunderland or Ipswich
Or take these guys at home..
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

Great result. Jamie Reid’s goal worth the admission money alone. Thought Robbie Cundy was outstanding today and unfortunate with the O.G.
Only concern for me was Jamie Reid limping at the end?!?
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Great result but we have to learn from it a goalkeeper does not chase a ball running away from him when a defender is the same distance and throwing a ball to someone who was under pressure but he was told to retain the ball from the dug out McDonald tried but it back fired. Otherwise McDonald played well so did Cundy and Davies. The goals Reid and Andrews got were class.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Kalvin Kalala was ill today.

Some nice play today and very happy with the win !
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

TUST_Member_Rob wrote: 19 Oct 2019, 17:36 Quick comment that I thought Cundy was excellent today, marshalled Marsh and Tismangha very well, didn't deserve an own goal against him!!
Secondly, very disappointed to hear what happened in the Yeovil game, hopefully the strongest action is taken against a small minority of moron's
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

Yes a real surprise to win an fa cup game. Some good goals from us too. Cundy was outstanding today and Davis not far behind. Just a home tie against anyone will do.
haz316
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: elliot benyon

Post by haz316 »

What happened in the yeovil game ?
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

I thought we found the first 20min tough going with BW having most of the possession and they looked dangerous out wide with their fullbacks will to attack. We gradually got into the game and started to create more opportunities. It was quite amusing reading a previous thread regarding our lack of adventure from set pieces and corners when we score from a short corner. I hope it was a planned move because the growns from the fellas around me when we took it short and then to score!!
Then Jamie Reid scored an excellent goal.
Now there have been few calling for Shaun M to return to the starting 11. So what happened for the penalty?? Complete balls up. Did he call for it and Liam Davis waited?? Why take the player out??
I thought BW started the 2nd half brighter and it was a big relief to get the third. We then played some really good football and I thought we would score again when another mistake gifts them a second.

My thoughts Cundy absolutely outstanding, Liam Davis and Wynter excellent. Little getting back to fitness and doing well. Reid, that was some goal.

Tshimanga 0 Jamie Reid 1
Off to the next round!!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

haz316 wrote: 19 Oct 2019, 18:23 What happened in the yeovil game ?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50111754
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

It was not amusing it was bloody brilliant SBP a short corner routine which paid off well due to a precision pass from Vincent and a superb piece of skill and control from Andrews.

Vincent continues to show what an exciting talent he is. He and Jake Andrews were excellent in setting up the goal which really won us the match Ben Whitfield converting the clear chance.

Jamie Reid is getting some stunning goals and today was superb.I am going to watch back his goals on the archive because this must be the 4th absolute beauty this season. He is getting better and better.

Boreham Wood were a very good side make no mistake this was a very hard fought but deserved win by our super young team backed up by the best management at Plainmoor in many years.

Now for a Home draw in the 1st Round Proper. COYY