Saikou's coming home!!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Saikou is far from being fit and wouldn’t be available until mid November at the very earliest.
I would also expect a possible 28 day return clause should he become fit enough to be loaned out.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

BCFC1 wrote: 04 Oct 2019, 12:14 The recent comments re the Bristol City loan players and ex player are interesting. I’ve watched Bristol City for over 50 years most of those as a season ticket holder. The players in question aren’t ready for the Championship. If they were near ready they would be loaned to Football League Clubs. The energy they show for Torquay is great and so is some of their skill but they do need to “man” up and experience being around a team competing week in week out for their livelihoods and where results matter. Now a season ticket holder at Torquay I’m enjoying watching players develop under Gary and introducing my grandson to the concept of supporting your local team through thick and thin. 3 points on Saturday!!
Saikou was off to Donny before his injury, I don’t believe anyone thought that the loanies we have had from BCFC were up to Championship level. 🤔
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

kevgull wrote: 04 Oct 2019, 21:34 Saikou was off to Donny before his injury, I don’t believe anyone thought that the loanies we have had from BCFC were up to Championship level. 🤔
They might not be up to Championship level, but they are certainly up to FL level :)
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by grockle »

Any chance of Saikou playing for either or both sides in the friendly on the 15th? :whistle: Of course, followed by an announcement of the open secret! :}
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by grockle »

I believe that if Saikou does join us, it will only be until January, when he will go to a FL side. :aww:
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

grockle wrote: 05 Oct 2019, 14:41 Any chance of Saikou playing for either or both sides in the friendly on the 15th? :whistle: Of course, followed by an announcement of the open secret! :}
Every chance, I’d’ve thought.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

tomogull wrote: 04 Oct 2019, 13:29 There are many players playing at National League level who you wonder why aren't playing for a league side. Armani Little and Jamie Reid being two examples.
Well...maybe give it a few months, let's see what happens :)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

Any news on when Janneh is coming back? His quality would help us no end and help bolster our numbers which I think we will need over Xmas especially if we can go on a run in the FA Cup ( very much needed I feel!).

Also same question about CLE - how is he progressing?
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

If you check out this article

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/footbal ... ed-3391101

Gary says “ Saikou won't be fit to play for anybody for another two or three weeks, but our club and Bristol City have been talking," said United manager Gary Johnson, whose son Lee is the boss of the Robins.”

So I assume he’ll be back at the end of the month, don’t see him being allowed to play in the FA cup for us considering he seems to be heading to football league in January.
Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Post by Swatcat »

To take a newly recovered Saikou back on loan only unti Jan 1st doesn't make the best sense (by the time he's match fit he'll be off again) and I'd guess that GJ will press for 3 months or even for the remainder of the season. Saikou too may prefer to come back to a Club he knows and is known to and lets hope the move will be for longer. He'd be assured of a game at TUFC and will know his way around. Bring it on GJ !
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

I'm sure I remember seeing that we can only take season long loans at the moment? I guess they could put a recall clause in though?...
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
JSP
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by JSP »

Wasn’t saikou meant to be announced today?
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

It has!
JSP
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by JSP »

budegull1954 wrote: 28 Oct 2019, 16:25It has!
Well it has now
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

This could be massive, really chuffed with this news. Any idea how long he has joined for?