Notts County v Torquay United 12/10/19 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

Fair play. Good strike which curled in. No blame on keeper!!!!
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

Shame the defenders or midfield didn't react but great finish
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

After reading reports from fans actually at the match I get the feeling Shaun MacDonald will play on saturday anyway.

I still feel Covolan should have been getting somewhere near the ball even if he did not save it. Disappointing.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

portugull wrote: 14 Oct 2019, 20:52 After reading reports from fans actually at the match I get the feeling Shaun MacDonald will play on saturday anyway.

I still feel Covolan should have been getting somewhere near the ball even if he did not save it. Disappointing.
Disagree.
He had no chance whatsoever with that.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Live this shot and goal appeared to take forever and I questioned how it beat everyone. However having seen it from this clip it is WORLD CLASS. If this was Kalvin Kalala we would all be talking about it, goal of the season potential.

Turning to our keepers, are they good enough. If you re-read my post when Covolan signed, he played for my local town team Worthing last season and in my view is a back up keeper. So now you have to question and ask yourself if Sean is up to this level? For what it is worth I question him too, an Alex Bass type quality keeper is needed.
Hereford Gull66
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by Hereford Gull66 »

Covolan should not pick up the blame for what was a quality goal in any standard let alone the National League, perhaps we should consider the amount of our shots and crosses that Notts County blocked and closed down, could we have done better. The highlights show some of the shots being blocked but many of our crosses were cut out at source. In the second half Cameron was giving Covolan stick for staying back for some of the long balls when we were stretched, that is definitely an area that needs addressing.
However the key for me was the experience and footballing knowhow in the Notts County team, No8 Doyle*s management of the referee just before Wynter's booking was worth watching, the number of free kicks won around our box for minor pushes etc... a very streetwise side, we missed Asa Hall responding in the referees ear. Our young midfield was outfoxed on this occasion.
Anyway onwards and upwards coyy
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

SuperNickyWroe I bow to your opinion as you were at the Match and I was not.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

This may have been perfect timing for MacDonals, Hall, Little and the others. The current first eleven put in a sub-par performance the game before the FA cup, no doubt we will see some rotational changes on Saturday and some of these lads may find it difficult getting back in the team afterwards.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

PhilGull wrote: 16 Oct 2019, 09:50 This may have been perfect timing for MacDonals, Hall, Little and the others. The current first eleven put in a sub-par performance the game before the FA cup, no doubt we will see some rotational changes on Saturday and some of these lads may find it difficult getting back in the team afterwards.
I’d expect our best 11 to start, this is he FA cup Gary has always insisted in a run in this cup. Would be daft to make many changes against a solid Boreham Wood side