Where has the Drummer Man Gone

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Can I suggest that those who have been banned make contact with Amanda Jacks of the Football Supporters Association. Amanda will be able to give advice and maybe help get these bans shortened.
[email protected]
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

The problem is that as you say there was an unsavoury incident with someone trying to get on the pitch and there ended up being a fight which marred the celebrations somewhat. The fact that this wasn't the drumming person (or whoever) is irrelevant really.

Quite simply the answer is for the ban to stand and when the person(s) have completed it not to ignore the rules. How an earth is some third party woman with a daft name going to get the bans lifted?

There were numerous problems last season in away matches with yobs causing problems so can you really blame the club for making a stand. Each to his own but I'd rather watch the game than take a drum into the ground and bang the bloody thing for ninety minutes (and then run on the pitch for good measure when being told not to)

Sounds like an attention seeker to me.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

I agree with Lucyx2. A season ban is excessive for the 'crime' committed. The idiot who got involved in a fight deserves his ban, but for the others a six match ban, or maybe ten match ban, would have been a sufficient punishment and deterrent. Is there any mileage in the group simply apologising to George Edwards? There is nothing wrong in saying 'sorry' ........

I stand on the Pop Side and despite the efforts of the lads at the back, the atmosphere has noticeably been rather muted this season.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

tomogull wrote: 09 Oct 2019, 22:58 I agree with Lucyx2. A season ban is excessive for the 'crime' committed. The idiot who got involved in a fight deserves his ban, but for the others a six match ban, or maybe ten match ban, would have been a sufficient punishment and deterrent. Is there any mileage in the group simply apologising to George Edwards? There is nothing wrong in saying 'sorry' ........

I stand on the Pop Side and despite the efforts of the lads at the back, the atmosphere has noticeably been rather muted this season.
I don’t remember commenting on this topic tomogull. But I would like to add, when we stayed up against north ferriby, I went on the pitch along with numerous others, as well as the famous Paul bastard, I didn’t see it as a crime more a thing I had to do to celebrate survival. I equally went to the hungerford match, and though it was cringeworthy they invaded pitch, it was just to be expected, they didn’t cause trouble they just acted immature. Imagine banning Paul bastard. I also went Gloucester away, the behaviour that day warranted banning orders full stop. As I live in the north west, I can’t comment that those at Gloucester being pure knobs where those to be the ones banned. But it would appear the club have messed up on this occasion
Lucy
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

lucy6lucy wrote: 10 Oct 2019, 02:46 I don’t remember commenting on this topic tomogull. But I would like to add, when we stayed up against north ferriby, I went on the pitch along with numerous others, as well as the famous Paul bastard, I didn’t see it as a crime more a thing I had to do to celebrate survival. I equally went to the hungerford match, and though it was cringeworthy they invaded pitch, it was just to be expected, they didn’t cause trouble they just acted immature. Imagine banning Paul bastard. I also went Gloucester away, the behaviour that day warranted banning orders full stop. As I live in the north west, I can’t comment that those at Gloucester being pure knobs where those to be the ones banned. But it would appear the club have messed up on this occasion
Sorry - I meant Taxilady. Oh dear - another senile moment ........ :Oops:
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

thanks Tomogull !And to answer Brucie...let those who have sinned (fighting,flares,racism,teabags) be punished. I have no problem with that; but I do have a problem with excessive punishment for a quick sprint on the hallowed turf. It's a time-honoured tradition that had previously provoked empty threats. If the threats are no longer empty, that's fine as well.But I will stand up for injustice : Free the Turf Ten or whatever slogan you like. As others have said, the people affected are long-standing supporters who actively contribute to the Popside atmosphere that Gary & the players appreciate, & others bemoan the lessening thereof.They've been banned for long enough in my opinion. How long before I'm banned for having an opinion I wonder ?
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

taxilady wrote: 11 Oct 2019, 20:27 tHow long before I'm banned for having an opinion I wonder ?
You are a girl so should not really express your opinion about football ;-)
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Funny how times change. Two years ago many of us would have loved to have been banned for the season.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stefano »

hector wrote: 12 Oct 2019, 00:30 Funny how times change. Two years ago many of us would have loved to have been banned for the season.
:lol:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

stefano wrote: 11 Oct 2019, 23:38 You are a girl so should not really express your opinion about football ;-)
You are in so much trouble 😄😄😄
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stefano »

Southampton Gull wrote: 12 Oct 2019, 14:24 You are in so much trouble 😄😄😄
Yes I know I hope Nina spots the smiley at the end and realises I was not at all serious. I know she is passionate about the club and very knowledgable. If she doesn't realise that then I am ****! ;-)
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Drummer man here, currently sat at home with a brew listening to the game. Shambles!
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

Admiral wrote: 12 Oct 2019, 15:45 Drummer man here, currently sat at home with a brew listening to the game. Shambles!
The game, or your ban :)
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

Stefano said :You are a girl so should not really express your opinion about football ;-)

:lol: :slap: :na:
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark loram

Post by Jpr »

Admiral wrote: 12 Oct 2019, 15:45 Drummer man here, currently sat at home with a brew listening to the game. Shambles!
Are you the real Drummer Man???