Torquay United Women FC

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Torquay United Women FC

Post by PhilGull »

I see the ladies team have now rebranded as TUWFC. Does anyone know what happened to them? They were doing really well for a while and then it all seemed to blow up and most of the players buggered off to Buckland and they seem to have had to start from scratch again.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

A shame, as the women's game is gaining momentum and popularity nationwide.

I saw them play a few times before the exodus to Buckland (who benefited hugely from our girls). I really enjoyed watching the female TUFC and found the games competitive and entertaining.

I also followed the ladies' website but found all too often that it was not kept up to date, so could not find out about results or upcoming fixtures. So I guess my interest in the opposite sex's team dwindled.

When we get our new stadium (with its all-weather surface which will be universal in the EFL by then) the pitch will be fit for frequent use and will be home to men and maidens alike.
TUST member 200 ;-)
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

torq2u wrote: 08 Oct 2019, 15:17 A shame, as the women's game is gaining momentum and popularity nationwide.

I saw them play a few times before the exodus to Buckland (who benefited hugely from our girls). I really enjoyed watching the female TUFC and found the games competitive and entertaining.

I also followed the ladies' website but found all too often that it was not kept up to date, so could not find out about results or upcoming fixtures. So I guess my interest in the opposite sex's team dwindled.

When we get our new stadium (with its all-weather surface which will be universal in the EFL by then) the pitch will be fit for frequent use and will be home to men and maidens alike.
I follow them on Facebook and Twitter, every time I see a result they've been thrashed.
Current table is here.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084