Saikou's coming home!!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Arelbee
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Saikou's coming home!!

Post by Arelbee »

On Bristol live - quicker recovery from op and cannot go to league club until Jan 2020
Arelbee
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by Arelbee »

And apologies for the misspelling of Saikou in the excitement of the best news for some time!
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Selection conundrums aside - I'll leave those worries to GJ! - this is excellent news!! :)
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
TUFC__12
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Connor Evans

Post by TUFC__12 »

OH MY GODDDDDD
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Has absolutely made my day this has!!!
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

Fantastic news - knew GJ had something up his sleeve by leaving that last loan slot open

Article says he’s only just about to return to training, so perhaps optimistic for Fylde or Ebbsfleet but could he feature at Notts?
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Excellent news.
JSP
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by JSP »

When will this be announced ?
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

Whilst this is obviously fantastic news for Torquay, as is the return this season of Opi Edwards and CLE, I can't understand why these quality players are not playing in the football league. Opi is 20 years old, Connor lemonheigh Evans is 22, Saikou Janneh is nearly 20 and Jake Andrews who turned down a contract extension in the summer with Bristol City and signed for Torquay, is 22 in a couple of weeks time. What the hell are they doing playing non league football.
Surely these players are at an age where they should at least be playing in league one or league Two. The championship is full of young players, as is league one.
There's an old saying in football, If you're good enough, then you're old enough. At their age they should be looking to progress with their football careers and whilst is brilliant news for TUFC, it does not seem a good choice by the players involved.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Saikou had a loan lined up to play in League 1 before he got injured. And he now couldn’t go anywhere in the Football League until January.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

dawlishmatt wrote: 03 Oct 2019, 21:19 Whilst this is obviously fantastic news for Torquay, as is the return this season of Opi Edwards and CLE, I can't understand why these quality players are not playing in the football league. Opi is 20 years old, Connor lemonheigh Evans is 22, Saikou Janneh is nearly 20 and Jake Andrews who turned down a contract extension in the summer with Bristol City and signed for Torquay, is 22 in a couple of weeks time. What the hell are they doing playing non league football.
Surely these players are at an age where they should at least be playing in league one or league Two. The championship is full of young players, as is league one.
There's an old saying in football, If you're good enough, then you're old enough. At their age they should be looking to progress with their football careers and whilst is brilliant news for TUFC, it does not seem a good choice by the players involved.
All the Bristol lads are more than capable of league football but there is an old cliche in life it’s not what you know it’s who you know
Lucy
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

Whilst I agree this is fantastic news and I now hope/expect Jamie Read to start banging in even more goals a word of caution.Saikou has just had a quite bad knee injury, so how will that affect him both physically and mentally, we are playing at a higher level now (as several of our players have discovered) and I think it might take him until December to get back to his level of fitness that made him such a willing worker we saw last season. That all said it surely can only be good for us as he is a tremendous prospect/talent who could terrorise some National league defences, I certainly hope so!!!!
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

dawlishmatt wrote: 03 Oct 2019, 21:19 Whilst this is obviously fantastic news for Torquay, as is the return this season of Opi Edwards and CLE, I can't understand why these quality players are not playing in the football league. Opi is 20 years old, Connor lemonheigh Evans is 22, Saikou Janneh is nearly 20 and Jake Andrews who turned down a contract extension in the summer with Bristol City and signed for Torquay, is 22 in a couple of weeks time. What the hell are they doing playing non league football.
Don't discount the immense value in two words, Gary and Johnson. He is one of the most widely respected managers in the country and that will count for a lot. These young players could probably be playing at a higher level but they know this club, they know the manager is fair and that if they work hard they will be rewarded.
Don't dwell on the fact these players are too good for us. Celebrate the fact they choose to play for our club.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
BCFC1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by BCFC1 »

The recent comments re the Bristol City loan players and ex player are interesting. I’ve watched Bristol City for over 50 years most of those as a season ticket holder. The players in question aren’t ready for the Championship. If they were near ready they would be loaned to Football League Clubs. The energy they show for Torquay is great and so is some of their skill but they do need to “man” up and experience being around a team competing week in week out for their livelihoods and where results matter. Now a season ticket holder at Torquay I’m enjoying watching players develop under Gary and introducing my grandson to the concept of supporting your local team through thick and thin. 3 points on Saturday!!
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

BCFC1 wrote: 04 Oct 2019, 12:14 The recent comments re the Bristol City loan players and ex player are interesting. I’ve watched Bristol City for over 50 years most of those as a season ticket holder. The players in question aren’t ready for the Championship. If they were near ready they would be loaned to Football League Clubs. The energy they show for Torquay is great and so is some of their skill but they do need to “man” up and experience being around a team competing week in week out for their livelihoods and where results matter. Now a season ticket holder at Torquay I’m enjoying watching players develop under Gary and introducing my grandson to the concept of supporting your local team through thick and thin. 3 points on Saturday!!
Good post BCFC1. I would add that we were all surprised, and very delighted, that Connor Lemonheigh-Evans was coming back to Plainmoor. But both his loan and Saiko's are only until the January transfer 'window' when I suspect they will move on loan to league clubs, depending on their match fitness. Opi Edwards is an exciting player but there is a question about his fitness. He was out for a long time last season and he has missed a number of games this season. It's a shame for the lad because he is such a good player. None of them have been released by Lee Johnson so he well recognises their potential. Andrews must have been disappointed at being released, but he can play a big part in getting us back in the league. There are many players playing at National League level who you wonder why aren't playing for a league side. Armani Little and Jamie Reid being two examples.

Good to see the Robins up there in the Championship 'mix'. I'm sure many of us look for City's result on a Saturday evening.