Chesterfield FC v Torquay United 14/9/19

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Chesterfield FC v Torquay United 14/9/19

Post by lucy6lucy »

Welcome back to the Proper North Torquay United. For the many exiles and the odd freak like myself that supports this club without any connection to Torquay, this should draw a decent crowd in the away end. People say a table never lies, well I’m sure Stockport fans were saying that before kickoff against Chorley last Saturday. Gary Johnson in his pre match video is well aware of complacency.
FYI, I bought my 4 tickets on line, please note if you bought them to print they have to be physically printed, they can not be scanned on your smartphone at the turnstiles. Interesting that there is only 129 tickets left on line, with most of the tickets unavailable/already booked. If booked then we have already sold over 300.
Heart is going 3-1 Torquay, Head is going 3-0 Chesterfield. We have to go at them from the start because the 1st goal will be decisive in this match. COYY
Lucy
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

did you manage to get them a quid cheaper?? i got right to the payment page and still showing £36 for the pair? typical shite arse derbyshire scab twats behaviour!
still keeping the faith
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

I'd better get some tickets booked......
There are several of t' Yorkshire Gulls going to this.
We will taking over the train from Dirty Leeds to Chesterfield via Barnsley arriving at 1221 to take over the town!!!..... :rofl:
We should be beating these - they are dire and at their last game the players were arguing with the fans! :-o :no:
Up the Gulls.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Do we know who is in the squad for the game with our current injured list?

I’d hope to see us win comfortably regardless given Chesterfields start
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

bixieupnorth wrote: 13 Sep 2019, 08:22 did you manage to get them a quid cheaper?? i got right to the payment page and still showing £36 for the pair? typical shite arse derbyshire scab twats behaviour!
Come to think of it no, unless it’s £19 at the gate tomorrow
Lucy
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

This one will go in either of two ways. We outplay them completely for ninety minutes and come away with all three points after a 3-0 win, triggering absolute uproar from the fans and possibly even uglier scenes between supporters and players (something that we have personally experienced from dismal home games in the past). Or, this will be a moment of calm for Chesterfield, especially for their players and manager, as they finally manage to get a win. I hope it is the former and I think it will be.

COYY.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

Early start for me as I'm on the supporters coach. I think Lucy is right there are a load of northern based exiles who could hardly get to away games easily last season with all southern locations. Last time we were in National League we had Owers in charge of a shocking side. Johnson has completely galvanised the supporter base and our first proper trip up north. I would expect 300+
DonnyGull50
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by DonnyGull50 »

Will be there tomorrow, having purchased my ticket online, although had trouble entering my details and took forever. Adult price £18 online - printed my ticket at home. £19 at the ground, it does say ticket window closes 15 mins before kick-off, on their website.
Expect a decent number of Northern Gulls to be there, hopefully to see a Gulls win.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

I'm thinking i might end my 5 year protest exile and go to this. I can walk it from my gaff in 15 minutes.

Dunno what to expect really. My last game was win at Mansfield in the last away game in the FL. Not sure how well received i'd be from the likes of Chris, Paul, Tony et al if i bumped into you guys in the away end. :Oops:

Last time i went to a direites v gulls game i was with Scottishgull who got kicked out for interrupting the match with his refs whistle. Or it might have been that game where Joss Labadie got banned for biting one of their lads.

Christ. Where does time go?!
Last edited by Yorkieandy on 14 Sep 2019, 00:10, edited 3 times in total.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Will Gary start Lewis in CDM?
Will he start Kalala?
Will he start Whitfield as a striker?
DonnyGull50
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by DonnyGull50 »

Yorkieandy wrote: 13 Sep 2019, 23:59 I'm thinking i might end my 5 year protest exile and go to this. I can walk it from my gaff in 15 minutes.

Dunno what to expect really. My last game was win at Mansfield in the last away game in the FL. Not sure how well received i'd be from the likes of Chris, Paul, Tony et al if i bumped into you guys in the away end. :Oops:

Last time i went to a direites v gulls game i was with Scottishgull who got kicked out for interrupting the match with his refs whistle. Or it might have been that game where Joss Labadie got banned for biting one of their lads.

Would be good to see you Andy. Did go to the St Albans game at the end of last season. Will look out for you and yes it was the ScottishGull whistle incident I remember - met the wrath of other Gulls fans.... :scarf:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Andy, I can guarantee you'll be welcomed back with open arms mate.
You never know, you might just get back that sparkle that's been missing for a few years

Enjoy ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

just bought mine and jo's tickets, her first ever TUFC game, and on her birthday too! see you all in the boozer!!
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

Yorkieandy wrote: 13 Sep 2019, 23:59 I'm thinking i might end my 5 year protest exile and go to this. I can walk it from my gaff in 15 minutes.

ya numpty, it'd be great to see you again, scunny away was the last time i saw you, when knill was in charge!
still keeping the faith
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

What pub you meeting in ....wasn't able to go but think I can now make it at the last minute