Torquay United v Harrogate Town 7/9/19

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Wonder goal from KK.

And Torquay penalty
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

And reid misses again but scores the rbound.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

4-2!!!!!! REIDY!!!!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Sounded like we have actually mullered them and could well have scored 10.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Att: 2527 (59 away fans)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Great win. I think that game will go down as a very important moment of the season!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Omg, this lot are a frustrating bunch , at halftime I seriously thought 'here we go again' then it was a story of 2 players Kalvin Kalala's genius & Jon Steads stupidity.
I know which one I'd rather have in my side.
Well done lads , but by christ you do frustrate me.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

Teigngull wrote: 07 Sep 2019, 17:29 Omg, this lot are a frustrating bunch , at halftime I seriously thought 'here we go again' then it was a story of 2 players Kalvin Kalala's genius & Jon Steads stupidity.
I know which one I'd rather have in my side.
Well done lads , but by christ you do frustrate me.
Surely, after all these years watching TUFC, you are used to frustration! :keepie:
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Game of 2 halves, the first we were poor, a silly Cundy error and then challenge for their penalty

2nd half we started slow again and scored from nowhere really however a few minutes later and Cameron is caught out for 1-2

Game changing moment came with the sending off of Stead followed by a wonder strike from Kalala!

Reid misses ANOTHER penalty and luckily got the rebound before striking well for his 2nd. He could have got a couple more missing a sitter in the first half

Harrogate were dead on their feet at the end

An important win with a few faces missing, have to say I was very unimpressed with Duku some better forward cover is needed!

Ref was terrible so inconsistent of what was a push/foul led to a frustrating afternoon
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

brucie wrote: 07 Sep 2019, 16:39 And reid misses again but scores the rbound.
Statistics wise, Does this count as an assist as well? :}
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

grockle wrote: 07 Sep 2019, 18:26 Statistics wise, Does this count as an assist as well? :}
.....from their keeper.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

grockle wrote: 07 Sep 2019, 17:35 Surely, after all these years watching TUFC, you are used to frustration! :keepie:
I should be shouldn't I really.
But now into season 41 & I still believe I'm doing the right thing by backing the gulls.
It's the hope that kills you & knowing that this squad have got it in abundance frustrates me when it doesn't click. Mind you there's a reason the boys are playing at this level
However, I'd rather support my local side than be a Man U 'loyal' fan, or such as- never have done never will do.
Coyy
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

First half we couldn't get going mainly due to the system and re-shuffling the midfield. Everything went high and long and it was really poor. Im not sure if Joe Lewis has played a lot in midfield, he did ok and I can kind of see why GJ has put him in there.
Jon Stead was a constant pain in more ways than one. The game really changed on his sending off. He really cost them today. Two disappointing defensive errors today, Cundy for the penalty. Upto that point he hadn't put a step wrong, unlucky not to score from the corner and then that silly rash push. I m not sure how much game time he's played recently but he looks very impressive as long as he doesn't do anything silly like that again.
Cameron got beat at the far post which he will be very annoyed about.
Kalala, what a goal that was!!Kalvin does what Kalvin does best, nobody could get near him , fantastic 2nd half display.
For me when Dickson came on and they pushed Andrews wide made all the difference, how many chances did we have. We really could have scored 3-4 more.
Not sure about Duku, maybe we are not playing to his strengths?? I thought Ben Whitfield had a good game, JR did well, Frankie V didn't stop running.
A really entertaining 2nd half and a real positive that we stepped up mentally and came from behind twice.
Good result.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Yes, poor first half. Why did we insist on going long - made Duku look like a donkey, which he isn't. Only 6 attempts and two on target although Cundy did hit the post with a header. Stead was excellent for Harrogate but everything changed after he was sent off and Kalala came on. He ran the game and the chances flowed. 16 attempts in the second half, 10 on target and 4 goals.

It is worrying that a side like Harrogate who only had 4 attempts all match and still scored 2 goals. We need to tighten up in defence - too casual at times.

Very entertaining game and impressive result given the number of first-line injuries. I disagree that the referee was poor. I thought he got all the important decisions exactly right including the sending off.

A little disappointed with the size of the crowd but not with the support which was good throughout.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Does anyone know what Stead did for the second booking it was to do with Andrews.