Angus MacDonald

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
TUST_Member_Rob

Angus MacDonald

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49585989

Sadly has been diagnosed with the early stages of bowel cancer
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Lets hope they can help him great team player.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Angus was a really good player and captain during some of the darkest days of the club 4 or 5 years ago, when many thought we were going down the pan. He fully deserved his move to Barnsley and the resulting fee helped to pay off some of the club's debt. Get well soon Angus.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

budegull1954 wrote: 04 Sep 2019, 20:41 Angus was a really good player and captain during some of the darkest days of the club 4 or 5 years ago, when many thought we were going down the pan. He fully deserved his move to Barnsley and the resulting fee helped to pay off some of the club's debt. Get well soon Angus.
Very sad news for such a young person that transformed his career,I remember being near him chanting and celebrating in the pop side with the fans against barrow (he was suspended)2-2 , he effectively kept us up against the odds. I’m sure hull will look after him
Lucy
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Sad news indeed. All the best in your recovery Angus.
Met him at Guiseley outside the pub when he was banned but had already helped to save us from relegation.
Surprised but delighted for him when he got his move to Barnsley and it was great to see him play in the red shirt.
All the best Angus.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Not good news, but I'm sure he will take the positives from the likes of Chris Todd who have come through cancer treatment. However, having been through chemo/radiotherapy myself, the next few months will not be easy for Angus. To him, and anyone else going through it, the best advice I was given was to STAY POSITIVE (although not easy at times)
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Yes all the best to him, and I am glad that you have come out the other side.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

The word cancer has such negative connotations, in the 21st century it is eminently treatable, he is young, fit and diagnosed in the early stages, the chances of a full recovery are very good.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

culmstockgull wrote: 05 Sep 2019, 12:55 The word cancer has such negative connotations, in the 21st century it is eminently treatable, he is young, fit and diagnosed in the early stages, the chances of a full recovery are very good.
Doesn't make it any less distressing. The treatment is an ordeal, I know from personal experience.
I wish Angus all the best.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 05 Sep 2019, 16:04 Doesn't make it any less distressing. The treatment is an ordeal, I know from personal experience. I wish Angus all the best.
Yes - I fully agree. Thanks Brucie ..... cheers!