Torquay United v Maidenhead United 13/8/19

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Sorting out the defence will bring his confidence back. An experienced head alongside Cameron would benefit everybody. Niate is too unpredictable and a nightmare for any keeper to have faith in.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Teigngull wrote: 14 Aug 2019, 00:48 Can only say I saw it as a naive performance, some experience at this level desperately needed.
Isn't it funny how great minds think alike Dave ?
:lol:
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

Teigngull wrote: 15 Aug 2019, 18:28 Isn't it funny how great minds think alike Dave ?
:lol:
Who said "Fools seldom differ"!! :lol: :whistle:
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Niate had a good game. Blaming him for the keeper errors is completely ludicrous.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I'm not blaming him for any specific goals at all. Read my post again.....
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

grockle wrote: 15 Aug 2019, 18:38 Who said "Fools seldom differ"!! :lol: :whistle:
:clap: :goodpost: :-D
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Teigngull wrote: 15 Aug 2019, 21:22 :clap: :goodpost: :-D
Get a room you two! ;-)
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Didn't go on Tuesday but I did go to Bromley, it's clear we have some talented footballers but that alone won't be good enough in this division where there will be more organised teams and ones we will physically struggle with. GJ rightly is giving the players the first month or so to prove they are up to this level, they deserve the chance after last year but I doubt it's too long until we go into the market however we can.

Playing without a left back is obviously killing us at the moment that along with serious question marks over 2 of the back 5 as well. Niate I think could be a squad player at this level but from what I've seen he's too erratic to be reliable at his level especially against the better teams in the league and I'm sorry to say it because the lad has been a massive bonus for us but I'm not convinced on MacDonald. the wind was horrific last saturday but he was at fault for 2 of the 3 goals at least and again on Tuesday. He doesn't fill me with loads of confidence on what I've seen and the fact we will be defending lots of high balls and teams that are a lot of the time land of the giants I think he's going to struggle.

Duku's absence has been a bit bizarre seeing as though he was first choice throughout pre-season and now we've seemingly changed it and barring 20 minutes in the second half at Bromley it hasn't really worked.

Overall though while the results haven't quite been there we've played ok in the main, need to be more ruthless in both boxes and obviously a bit of experience wouldn't go a miss, still confident we can have a say towards the top half at the end of the season, GJ isn't an idiot and he'll sort out whatever issues we do have.