Clarke Osborne

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

dawlishmatt wrote: 04 Aug 2019, 13:20 Southampton Gull. Quite honestly I find your comments pathetic and laughable. You seem by your postings to be, as you describe Teigngull, an idiot.
This website is called a fans forum. For idiots like you Southampton Gull I'll try and explain what a fans forum is. A fans forum is a place where people who support a certain thing, in this case Torquay United football club to give their opinions on certain topics that may arise. Teigngull for example, regularly posts his opinion on various topics, most of which I don't share his opinion. I regularly post, mainly on issues concerning Clarke Osborne. I am fully aware of the scepticism most supporters have of Clarke Osborne, rightly or wrongly. I have my opinion of Mr Osborne, which like any individual has a right to agree or disagree, as does Teigngull and every other contributer
to this site.
Concerning crawling out of my hole, I have a lovely 2 bedroom house overlooking the sea which I share with my wife of 37 years just outside the beautiful seaside town of, yes you guessed it, Dawlish. I wouldn't describe it as a hole.
It has been very clear to me what your agenda really is. You are a attention seeker who tries to provoke people, not because you disagree with their opinions, but just to get a reaction. Personally, and being vastly experienced in the field of mental health, I was a mental health nurse as is my wife for over 25 years is still a mental health nurse. Over those years we have seen many people like you who thrive on insulting and trying to demean people and believe that you have a complex personality disorder..
Although as nurses both my wife and I are not qualified to diagnose people, may I suggest a visit to your GP.
I've had mental health issues in the past and i also have been diagnosed with high functioning autism as 40 year old adult which has been difficult. This has led me to post things on this site (years before i even knew i had difficulties) that often go against the grain or are persistent / repetitive in nature which i now know is a key feature of being on the autism spectrum.

I've had my fair share of abuse and bullying on here because of this and my differing thought processes and like Dave (SG) i also really did care 1000% for this football club but something went wrong in my thinking leading to me not feeling able to support the club anymore which obviously most people didn't have much chance of understanding as they all are neurotypical and they couldn't understand the logic of my thought process.

Obviously as someone who has a driven requirement for routine and repetitiveness as well as a 'special' interest ie football, the decision to stop supporting TUFC and thus stop going to games as much as i could was as devastating to me as for someone being told they can't do something they had based their whole life around for the past 15 years anymore.

Dave (SG) has been one of the few people to at least try and understand where i might be coming from and to support me and back me up against bullies and idiots on here, of which there are many. Including myself at some stages which i am not proud of. Thankfully though i can accept this and have remorse for it. Some others don't.

Mental Health nursing in my neck of the woods in my experience is filled with 'professionals' who enjoy the benefits and status of the job, ie a nice two bedroom house overlooking the sea and a professional standing to lord over others, rather than individuals who just really, really care about helping others above all else.

I've had one or two therapists that i felt actually gave a shit and tried to think outside the box to understand and help me but by and large the rest are absolute f*****g useless and seriously lack integrity. They are just going through the motions until they reach payday. Ironically a bit like Clarke Osborne. Although i do appreciate the opportunity to receive help and support of course.

If you want a mental health nurse who specializes in adults on the autism spectrum like myself late diagnosed then you can forget it. There aren't any. Despite anxiety and depression being at a far higher level amongst this demographic than the general population.

Bragging about having a lovely 2 bedroom house overlooking the sea in a picturesque Devon seaside resort just sums up in one sentence the arrogance of most of the therapists i've worked with tbh.

I also highly doubt that any mental health professional would label someone an idiot on a public forum. The ramifications of that in such a sensitive person could be catastrophic.

I am not accusing Dawlish Matt of being arrogant but i'm sure he can appreciate my point. I've got no allegiance to Dave nor are we friends but i recognise and appreciate it greatly when somebody sticks their neck out against popular opinion to defend something or someone that they see honesty in. That doesn't happen often enough in life because we are like pack animals and want to be liked and approved of.

I get the distinct impression Dave doesn't give a toss whether he's liked or not and sometimes his posting style does reflect this to some peoples distaste. However, i get the feeling that whether he dislikes someone or not or whether he disagrees with someone or not or even on here, even Teigngull lol, he'd put things aside over a pint and not judge and basically not be a two faced arsehole. Which is what i would expect from a handful of posters who use this site.

Unless it was Harrop then that could be a different story.

None of us are perfect. None of us.
Last edited by Yorkieandy on 04 Aug 2019, 16:09, edited 4 times in total.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

dawlishmatt wrote: 04 Aug 2019, 15:50 Scott Brehaut. May I suggest that you read very carefully my previous posts concerning Southampton Gull. I have not and would never diagnose any individual as having any form of mental illness. I am not qualified to diagnose anybody with anything neither is my wife. I was saying that Southampton Gull was via his aggressive posts on this forum, he is showing symptoms consistent with a mental health diagnosis of Histionic personality Disorder. This is why I suggested that he sees his GP to be referred to a psychiatrist who is qualified to give such a diagnosis.
You know exactly what you are doing by putting what you did on a public forum. It is insensitive and crass.

May I politely suggest that if you are truly concerned as to Dave’s mental state, that you raise those concerns via the private messaging facility available to you, and everybody else, and give him the opportunity to speak privately (or otherwise).

I can’t believe that you’d raise such sensitive thoughts with anybody else so publicly. Surely such things, and any other health matters are private and should only be revealed by the person concerned if they choose to.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

dawlishmatt wrote: 04 Aug 2019, 15:50 Histionic personality Disorder.
In layman terms does that mean having an opposing point of view?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

All I did was call Teigngull an idiot. He is, FACT!!

Calm down ladies, no Teigngull was hurt during the writing of this post.

P. S. I've been to see a phsychiatrist and he confirmed I'm mad as a hatter for supporting TUFC but did say "My word, isn't that Teigngull an idiot"
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Take him out for a pint Dave and bury the hatchet. :)
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

They do say never argue with an idiot people watching may not be able to tell the difference. :whistle:
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I almost forgot we won again yesterday!
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

Yorkieandy, I truly feel sorry for the problems you have experienced with your mental health. As quite rightly as pointed out by Scott Brehaut, this is not the right place to openly discuss your issues but I sincerely wish you well. Scott Brehaut, the reasons why I publicly made my comments concerning Southampton Gull on this forum is as he always seems to aggressively attack people in a demeaning manner, including myself, surely I have a right of reply via the same source.
I will however be making no further comments concerning anything not connected to the purpose of this forum unless I am aggressively attacked on this forum for voicing my options.
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

Yes a good start and over years gone by with some of the downs we'd all be considered mentally unstable for supporting the club.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Aggressivrly attacked? I said you'd popped out of your hole again. Clearly an analogy but thanks for the vision of idyllic harmony in response. Teigngull is still an idiot though!!
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

If Clarke does read this forum and indeed this post, I bet he is thinking wtf.
Lucy
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

Southampton Gull. If Boris Johnson makes a cock up of his time as prime minister, would you be prepared to be Clarke Osborne's campaign manager if he decides to put his name forward as the next Tory leader and have Teigngull as your assistant? 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

If?
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

Sorry Yorkieandy, I mean when 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

dawlishmatt wrote: 04 Aug 2019, 16:25 I will however be making no further comments concerning anything not connected to the purpose of this forum unless I am aggressively attacked on this forum for voicing my options.
There is a God I was starting to lose the will to live! ;-)