Clarke Osborne

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Divide and conquer the fan base is a tried and tested method used by businessmen to hoodwink the masses into backing off while they get their grubby little hands on the prize.

Idiots like Teigngull who are desperate to make themselves new Internet friends will always fall for those kind of tactics because they're idiots. He was telling us all not long ago how refreshing it was to have a decent manager like Owers. That worked a treat huh?

Like everyone else I'm enjoying the moment but if Osborne can shaft a club like Bristol Rovers he can easily do it to us. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than coming on here and admitting I had Osborne all wrong. The fact his representatives have had secret meetings with the council is very alarming and should keep everyone on their toes.

Putting the subject on the backburner is exactly what they'd love to see. Dawlishmatt crawls out of his hole every time he feels he'll garner more support for his puppet master when things appear to be taking a positive turn. Only time will tell whether my concerns are right or wrong, nobody would be more pleased than me to be wrong but a winning season in a regional division is never going to blind me to the past shenanigans of Osborne or the underhand way in which he acquired the club. Food for thought.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

Southampton Gull. Quite honestly I find your comments pathetic and laughable. You seem by your postings to be, as you describe Teigngull, an idiot.
This website is called a fans forum. For idiots like you Southampton Gull I'll try and explain what a fans forum is. A fans forum is a place where people who support a certain thing, in this case Torquay United football club to give their opinions on certain topics that may arise. Teigngull for example, regularly posts his opinion on various topics, most of which I don't share his opinion. I regularly post, mainly on issues concerning Clarke Osborne. I am fully aware of the scepticism most supporters have of Clarke Osborne, rightly or wrongly. I have my opinion of Mr Osborne, which like any individual has a right to agree or disagree, as does Teigngull and every other contributer
to this site.
Concerning crawling out of my hole, I have a lovely 2 bedroom house overlooking the sea which I share with my wife of 37 years just outside the beautiful seaside town of, yes you guessed it, Dawlish. I wouldn't describe it as a hole.
It has been very clear to me what your agenda really is. You are a attention seeker who tries to provoke people, not because you disagree with their opinions, but just to get a reaction. Personally, and being vastly experienced in the field of mental health, I was a mental health nurse as is my wife for over 25 years is still a mental health nurse. Over those years we have seen many people like you who thrive on insulting and trying to demean people and believe that you have a complex personality disorder..
Although as nurses both my wife and I are not qualified to diagnose people, may I suggest a visit to your GP.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

Southampton Gull. Both my wife and I, although I must stress that we are not medically qualified to give a diagnosis believe that you may be suffering from a mental health condition called Histrionic personality Disorder. There is help out there Dave and I urge you to see your doctor.
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

dawlishmatt wrote: 04 Aug 2019, 13:20 Southampton Gull. Quite honestly I find your comments pathetic and laughable. You seem by your postings to be, as you describe Teigngull, an idiot.
This website is called a fans forum. For idiots like you Southampton Gull I'll try and explain what a fans forum is. A fans forum is a place where people who support a certain thing, in this case Torquay United football club to give their opinions on certain topics that may arise. Teigngull for example, regularly posts his opinion on various topics, most of which I don't share his opinion. I regularly post, mainly on issues concerning Clarke Osborne. I am fully aware of the scepticism most supporters have of Clarke Osborne, rightly or wrongly. I have my opinion of Mr Osborne, which like any individual has a right to agree or disagree, as does Teigngull and every other contributer
to this site.
Concerning crawling out of my hole, I have a lovely 2 bedroom house overlooking the sea which I share with my wife of 37 years just outside the beautiful seaside town of, yes you guessed it, Dawlish. I wouldn't describe it as a hole.
It has been very clear to me what your agenda really is. You are a attention seeker who tries to provoke people, not because you disagree with their opinions, but just to get a reaction. Personally, and being vastly experienced in the field of mental health, I was a mental health nurse as is my wife for over 25 years is still a mental health nurse. Over those years we have seen many people like you who thrive on insulting and trying to demean people and believe that you have a complex personality disorder..
Although as nurses both my wife and I are not qualified to diagnose people, may I suggest a visit to your GP.

Have to say dawlishmatt I agree with the above comments. I have noticed in the past that if somebody doesn’t agree with him Southampton Gull gets personal and offensive. None more so when he kept on about Geoff Harrop in a really derogatory way.
SatNav
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by SatNav »

dawlishmatt wrote: 04 Aug 2019, 14:02 Southampton Gull. Both my wife and I, although I must stress that we are not medically qualified to give a diagnosis believe that you may be suffering from a mental health condition called Histrionic personality Disorder. There is help out there Dave and I urge you to see your doctor.
100% with you Dawlish Matt. SG is one of the reasons I don’t post on here. He has an air of superiority and no grasp of the meaning of the word ‘forum’. Maybe his ‘Moderator’ status has given him delusions of grandeur??
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Trying to convince people that somebody has a mental condition simply because they disagree with your point of view, and making it seem more plausible because you are/were mental health nurses is equally as crass and pathetic as the accusations you aim at SG in the first place.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

SG since I've been on this forum makes many valid points some of which I agree with some not but comes across as a knowledgeable guy and certainly seems completely sane to me just has his opinions which he's entitled to have.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

dawlishmatt wrote: 04 Aug 2019, 14:02 Southampton Gull. Both my wife and I, although I must stress that we are not medically qualified to give a diagnosis believe that you may be suffering from a mental health condition called Histrionic personality Disorder. There is help out there Dave and I urge you to see your doctor.
I suggest you blow some more air into your missus, she's clearly not thinking straight.

Teigngull is definitely an idiot 😉
Dave

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

DWB wrote: 04 Aug 2019, 14:12

Have to say dawlishmatt I agree with the above comments. I have noticed in the past that if somebody doesn’t agree with him Southampton Gull gets personal and offensive. None more so when he kept on about Geoff Harrop in a really derogatory way.
I didn't send threats to Harrop though did I? Something he thought might stop me criticising his appointment. Its the same when little princesses like you complain about how I write on here. Toughen up buttercup!
Dave

MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Southampton Gull wrote: 04 Aug 2019, 10:27
Like everyone else I'm enjoying the moment but if Osborne can shaft a club like Bristol Rovers he can easily do it to us.
It’s true that, had Clark Osborne not taken control of the club back in 2016 – after the former board of directors, a group of well-meaning but shallow pocketed supporters, forfeited repayment of his £140,000 loan –it’s not at all clear what would have become of Torquay United. So like you and every supporter we are all enjoying the moment and much credit must go to CO. No-one can deny that Torquay now run a more professional ship,

But like you I still have reservation on the long term goals of CO. Not because an MP had to raise the threat of using Parliamentary privilege to question him on the direction of the club, nor by a Mayor - who lost a vote of no-confidence amid concerns over a £5 million budget deficit - being the singular voice of confidence in Osborne’s plans among local politicians. But rather, each of the ventures to date into the sport on offer was not Osborne’s chief priority.

Using Bristol Rovers as your example. Osborne's family had held a lengthy connection to Bristol Rovers, stretching back to his great grandfather. His father was a director there. Osborne spent his formative years at Eastville as a supporter (which may explain his dislike for football!) And yet the company where he worked – starting as an accountant, then later chief executive, before he bought out the company – was complicit in Rovers’ eventual eviction.

And how did he fell about that? Taking into account his family's love for the club and where much of his formative years were spent. Well, in his own words “Unemotional".. What exactly creates this strangely oxymoronic "avoidant attachment" for him to be so emotionally unfulfilled.

I maintain my reservations about CO motives but as a long suffering Torquay supporter I am, nonetheless, grateful for small mercies and 'always live in hope.'
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

Please, personal insults should not be aired on this forum. I like reading other contributors viewpoints, although I might not always agree with them. That surely, is what this forum should be about. :keepie:
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

And of course it takes an even bigger idiot to out another !
I quite like the tag really, it shows us all just what a bully SG is & now he's getting support from the rest of his administrating clan.
Sad, so sad, is it really any wonder the font of all knowledge concerning TUFC doesn't bother on here any more ?
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Teigngull wrote: 04 Aug 2019, 15:18 And of course it takes an even bigger idiot to out another !
I quite like the tag really, it shows us all just what a bully SG is & now he's getting support from the rest of his administrating clan.
Sad, so sad, is it really any wonder the font of all knowledge concerning TUFC doesn't bother on here any more ?
Nonsense. I didn’t say I supported what he said - unless you can quote me. My post was concerning the crass accusation surrounding SG’s mental state and that he obviously has a mental illness.

Trust me, Dave does not need, or seek, the support of his administrating clan (as I’m obviously now known as - you can call me Scott if you like, I’ll respond just the same) - he’s big enough and tough enough to deal with people on his own.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

Scott Brehaut. May I suggest that you read very carefully my previous posts concerning Southampton Gull. I have not and would never diagnose any individual as having any form of mental illness. I am not qualified to diagnose anybody with anything neither is my wife. I was saying that Southampton Gull was via his aggressive posts on this forum, he is showing symptoms consistent with a mental health diagnosis of Histionic personality Disorder. This is why I suggested that he sees his GP to be referred to a psychiatrist who is qualified to give such a diagnosis.
teddiebear
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teddiebear »

my first post after lurking for years!!! never read anything so funny and stupid in a long time,i take it the beanos looking for some new writers,mental health issues!!!! youve been too long in the job and youve been infected