New Signings?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Godalming Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Godalming Gull »

Help.... my team for tomorrow......
MacDonald
Winter
Hall
Cameron
Vincent
Midfield of......
Keating
CLE
Little
Andrews
Up front.....
Reid
Duku
Subs...
Covolan
Kalala
Touray
Lewis
Edwards
....:..:...... but what do I know!!!!
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 02 Aug 2019, 18:58 I believe all the signing today are subject to FA clearance which probably means the paperwork won't be signed off until next week, hopefully in time for Solihull.
They’re all available for tomorrow
Cruisinho
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Cruisinho »

The squad is looking very decent indeed. With Kalala and Edwards on the wings, they will terrify defences.
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

Its all looking very good - that midfield looks to have a lot of goals in it as well as plenty of supply for Reid. I assume there will be at least a centre half being signed as well

Wing backs, 3-5-2 or 4-4-2. 3-5-2 looks to be the only way to accommodate Hall, Little and CLE which is a really well balanced midfield, but that probably comes at the expense of Kalala as a starter.
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

exilegull wrote: 02 Aug 2019, 19:38 Its all looking very good - that midfield looks to have a lot of goals in it as well as plenty of supply for Reid. I assume there will be at least a centre half being signed as well

Wing backs, 3-5-2 or 4-4-2. 3-5-2 looks to be the only way to accommodate Hall, Little and CLE which is a really well balanced midfield, but that probably comes at the expense of Kalala as a starter.
2-6-2 probably works best :lol:
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

exilegull wrote: 02 Aug 2019, 19:38 Its all looking very good - that midfield looks to have a lot of goals in it as well as plenty of supply for Reid. I assume there will be at least a centre half being signed as well

That's if Reid can get in the side !
& to all of you who were crying in their panda pops when Luke Young deserted a sinking ship thinking he was bigger & better than the club he let down in spades & despite being a major contributor to the lowest point TUFC ever found its self jn.
Would you have him back now ?
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

I think Reid is a nailed on top starter for the first few games - I would prefer as much as possible it was our own key talents that were starters, just because they are in the shop window and a potential asset.
Caldwellanddobson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by Caldwellanddobson »

Teigngull wrote: 02 Aug 2019, 19:45 That's if Reid can get in the side !
& to all of you who were crying in their panda pops when Luke Young deserted a sinking ship thinking he was bigger & better than the club he let down in spades & despite being a major contributor to the lowest point TUFC ever found its self jn.
No.

I’ve called him a fat Argyle wanker before and been vilified for it by some on this forum but my opinion hasn’t changed and I don’t think he’d manage to force his way into this team.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

I genuinely don’t know who I’d start in the the middle and front line! Let’s see what GJ comes up with!
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

A team is only ever as good as it’s bench. This season we are going to have plenty of options and quality sitting on our bench!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Looks good. Looks a very professional squad fit for purpose. Really looking forward to following us about this season
Toni83
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Toni83 »

We just have to wait and see what tomorrow brings. Hope the boys have a good game...
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

There is no way kalala will be on the bench. He has been terrific during preseason and will start on the right. Edwards on the bench
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Teigngull wrote: 02 Aug 2019, 19:45 That's if Reid can get in the side !

Take the emotion out of it and that’s a very good question
Luke Young under GJ 🤔 GJ is probably the mangers Luke’s been after all his life to bring out the best in him. To inconsistent for me and I doubt GJ would even consider him if he was an option.
Shame, very good player when he could be bothered.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Cundy inbound?
The gulls are going up