2019/2020 Kits

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Uptongull wrote: 05 Jul 2019, 22:11 Does anyone know if we have a sponsor and they just chose to not have it across the front of the shirt? I.e. do we still get sponsorship money? Surely we get a lower fee if the company name isn't plastered across the front?
The general belief is pro direct are involved with the sponsorship & as a rule they tend not to have their name emblazoned across the front of shirts.
I wouldn't worry too much as there must be a few quid in it for TUFC or why else would they have gone down this route ?
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

Yeah. I think it’s a fashion statement from Pro:)irect. In the age of social media, it’s already drawing attention, from Sky Sports and others.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

The limited edition top was featured in this month's FourFourTwo magazine
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

sgf wrote: 06 Jul 2019, 14:15 The limited edition top was featured in this month's FourFourTwo magazine
:goodpost:
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I really like the new shirts - especially the blue one.

I’m not a fan of white socks for the home kit but the plain and simple tops look good.

I do share, however, the frustrations of those who bought the black “anniversary” top. It seems a bit pointless now when there are 3 identical designs in different colours that will actually get used. I haven’t even taken mine out of the box yet, and perhaps - like Stefano - I’ll leave it that way. Of the new ones, I am very tempted to get the blue one.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

I've thought about it a bit more and I'm actually quite annoyed that they revealed the 'limited edition anniversary' shirt with such a hoop-la, now that we know that the actual season's shirts are essentially the same except in a different colour and with a box.

Why didn't they tell us sooner that it was going to be similar? I'll tell you why - because they knew that suckers like me wouldn't pay the inflated £60 if we knew that the other shirts would be almost exactly the same.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

happytorq wrote: 08 Jul 2019, 14:09 I've thought about it a bit more and I'm actually quite annoyed that they revealed the 'limited edition anniversary' shirt with such a hoop-la, now that we know that the actual season's shirts are essentially the same except in a different colour and with a box.

Why didn't they tell us sooner that it was going to be similar? I'll tell you why - because they knew that suckers like me wouldn't pay the inflated £60 if we knew that the other shirts would be almost exactly the same.
I take your point but it could be argued that the club finally have a slick marketing operation in place? There is no doubt we have lagged behind on this for years.

Their marketing of all 4 shirts has been quite impressive to be fair and there is clearly business acumen there now. Thats why they didn't tell you sooner!!

We can't ask for a successful club and not expect them to capitalise on that
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Kingsgull83 »

I do agree with you and I too was annoyed at first as yes they are identical apart from the colours and yes I was sucked into buying my first shirt for probably 15 years(and the quality is very cheap) but.....

As previously stated The marketing has been amazing for all shirts, very professional and has gained us some main stream publicity. So I don’t mind parting with the money for the benefit of the club and who knows in years to come it might be worth some money.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

The trouble is that we don't know the numbers of how many shirts were ' LIMITED EDITION ' !
Was it 200, 300, 400 etc etc.
Then we get told they have ' officially sold out ' & then people start reporting they've ordered & received a Limited edition shirt after we've sold out !
Yes I was sucked in to purchasing the black shirt ( well my girls did ) & now I wish I'd waited because I prefer the White one.
Oh well you live & learn .
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Not quite as exclusive as Pro Direct would have us believe!

This is their top for AIK

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1304& ... 0cjF1KXuBo
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

PhilGull wrote: 09 Jul 2019, 09:41 Not quite as exclusive as Pro Direct would have us believe!

This is their top for AIK

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1304& ... 0cjF1KXuBo
B*stards. :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by happytorq »

AIK/Pro Direct had an "anniversary" shirt that came in a box back in January - http://live.prodirectsoccer.com/en/arti ... all-shirt/
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Kingsgull83 »

happytorq wrote: 09 Jul 2019, 14:17 AIK/Pro Direct had an "anniversary" shirt that came in a box back in January - http://live.prodirectsoccer.com/en/arti ... all-shirt/
I prefer their shirt with the black on black detail. I want my money back
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

happytorq wrote: 09 Jul 2019, 14:17 AIK/Pro Direct had an "anniversary" shirt that came in a box back in January - http://live.prodirectsoccer.com/en/arti ... all-shirt/
I note from the article this isn't the first "anniversary shirt" AIK have had done for them. Does this mean we might be seeing a 1921 shirt soon to celebrate the merger of Torquay Town and Babbacombe?
sashor
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: rodney jack

Post by sashor »

The breif was to celabrate the anniversary, with AIK chosen as the inspiration.

i could show pages of design alternates, but nothing was as strong as the 1899.