Jake Andrews signs .....

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

happytorq wrote: 21 Jun 2019, 14:53 I didn't really think we had much of a chance of signing Andrews. Thought that maaaybe we'd get him on another loan, so to make him 'our' player for 2 years is really something.
Agreed and dare I say it one to sell on in the future for quite a large profit (the owners will be well pleased). Once he has helped us get back into the league that is (£)
GoodringtonGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jean-Yves Koue-Niate

Post by GoodringtonGull »

Now that Andrews is signed up...

We need to sign Robbie Cundy for next season. Won POTS, Managers POTS and Supporters POTS at Bath City. Notched in with 6 goals from CB too.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Have to say I didn't think there was a chance of this happening, so a very pleasant surprise. You'd think most players in this situation would rather have the security of being contracted to a higher division club and going out on loan. To back himself to make a permanent move now, going down three levels to play first team football and fight his way back up is a pretty positive attitude that I hope serves him well.

We know how good he is from his last spell, he's obviously very close with the rest of the squad and the manager rates him. Doesn't really get any better than that.

A strong squad of 15 already, and still trialists and loanees to come, then possibly someone who wasn't got fixed up elsewhere as a cherry on top. I think by August we're going to have a very strong squad, and by having the core in place already we're well placed to hit the ground running as well.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

GoodringtonGull wrote: 21 Jun 2019, 16:01 Now that Andrews is signed up...

We need to sign Robbie Cundy for next season. Won POTS, Managers POTS and Supporters POTS at Bath City. Notched in with 6 goals from CB too.
I think he has signed a 2-year contract with Bristol City
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

budegull1954 wrote: 21 Jun 2019, 20:43 I think he has signed a 2-year contract with Bristol City
He has .... but the suggestion is that we might get him in on a season long loan?
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

CP Gull wrote: 21 Jun 2019, 21:37 He has .... but the suggestion is that we might get him in on a season long loan?
Yes. Him and/or Aden Baldwin.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Surprised by this signing, thought there was a good chance of getting back on loan, never thought the club would get him back on a permanent deal, things are looking up for next season.
Formerly known as forevertufc
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

I accept that I doubted teigngull's info and i apologise for that, unfortunately I am used to prior management teams signing a lot of dross and had become slightly jaundiced in my view. Andrews is still only a youngster and can only improve under Johnson and his more experienced midfield colleagues. More importantly it is a statement of intent for the upcoming season.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

No doubt it was a tough decision to make, leaving a championship club for us, but in reality he was most likely to never break into the first team so well done Jake. Bold decision, but this lad will go places luckily we have him for the next 2 years
Lucy
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

culmstockgull wrote: 24 Jun 2019, 14:31 I accept that I doubted teigngull's info and i apologise for that, unfortunately I am used to prior management teams signing a lot of dross and had become slightly jaundiced in my view. Andrews is still only a youngster and can only improve under Johnson and his more experienced midfield colleagues. More importantly it is a statement of intent for the upcoming season.
Accepted, we move on, COME ON YOU YELLOWS
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Post by midtable »

Jake always looked excellent and a different class. A big surprise he signed for us but it is the Johnson effect as Jake also played for him on loan at Cheltenham Town. After a year, I will expect that we will sell him to a club in a higher league. Good luck to him.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

midtable wrote: 25 Jun 2019, 00:17 Jake always looked excellent and a different class. A big surprise he signed for us but it is the Johnson effect as Jake also played for him on loan at Cheltenham Town. After a year, I will expect that we will sell him to a club in a higher league. Good luck to him.
After a year I expect him to be playing for a club in a higher league, us. I'm sure Johnson didn't persuade him to join permanently on the promise of consolidating and mid-table obscurity. This is a clear message from the gaffer that we are out to win.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Yes he's got a lot to learn and i think he will next season. Some dodgy moments last season - missed penalty / wayward shooting - but also some gorgeous ones - goals straight from the corner / good attacking wing-play / telling passing. Looking forward to his development in a sharper looking team.
TUST member 200 ;-)
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

DWB wrote: 21 Jun 2019, 15:03 Agreed and dare I say it one to sell on in the future for quite a large profit (the owners will be well pleased). Once he has helped us get back into the league that is (£)
It's pretty obvious Jake was on crap money at City so it was a common sense to sign for Torquay on a better deal and he's in a situation where City have an eye on him and I expect have a sell on clause because he thought he'd be out on loan anyway. He is an excellent player for us. :clap: