TUFC Latest Links

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
smw89
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by smw89 »

LM Myrie-Williams
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

For me the worst goalkeeper would have to be David Fry. the worst striker would have to be Dean Mooney. wev'e had some shite over the years but those two stand out for me.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

dawlishmatt wrote: 18 Jun 2019, 06:44 For me the worst goalkeeper would have to be David Fry. the worst striker would have to be Dean Mooney. wev'e had some shite over the years but those two stand out for me.
As I have said before, Mooney was more interested in keeping his perm in shape than heading the ball. One of many "Webb's Wonders". :} :}
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Lee Andrews certainly, but perhaps the worst of all was Coombe (gk) whose exploits are immortalised somewhere on EBay (or they used to be) and whose performance in the 0-4 defeat by Exeter City is forever known as 'The Coombe match'. Dale Tonge would have to be in there somewhere, as would Benny Laryea. All these names are off the top of my head, I would need to study the TUFC stats book for more. But, if I was forced to pick the worst TUFC player ever, yes, I would have to say Mark Coombe.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Jamie Attwell for me , brought in to cover Kevin Dearden injury, shipped a bucket load of goals in (I think) 6 appearances.
Juve had Buffon, we ended up with a Buffoon !!!
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Teigngull wrote: 18 Jun 2019, 14:39 Jamie Attwell for me , brought in to cover Kevin Dearden injury, shipped a bucket load of goals in (I think) 6 appearances.
Juve had Buffon, we ended up with a Buffoon !!!
I remember him. Wasn't he something like 6" 6'? He looked enormous, I know that much. But he had the athleticism of Richard Kiel. (that's Jaws from the Bond films for you kids)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

I've said this before on another thread but the worst player I can remember in a Torquay shirt was Steve Hayes, on loan from Shrewsbury back in the late 1970's. Descibed as an 'agricultural defender' on one of the Shrews' fans forums. He was known as 'Horse' on the Popside at the time (of the Shire Horse variety, definitely not racehorse!)
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

smw89 wrote: 17 Jun 2019, 21:18 My worst 11

GK Conrad Logan
LB James Sharp
CB Matt Villis
CB Exodus Geohagen
RB Lee Andrews

RM Courtney Cameron
CM Ben Harding
CM Chris Regis
LM Courtney Cameron

ST Marcus Richardson
ST Sean Finch........ LOL
Gawd ..... you've trawled up some easily forgettable names there, SMW. But not fair to name Courtney Cameron twice!!!! Wivel has added a couple - Benny Laryea, Dean Mooney and Dale Tonge. I don't even remember goalkeeper Conrad Logan. How have some of those become professional footballers???
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

TT BLOG

Editor, Dom Roman returns from his holidays to blog all things TUFC, including Johnson's recruitment, Manny Duku, Armani Little, Jake Andrews rumours, and more on the site now...

https://torquaytalk.com/2019/06/18/the- ... h-june-19/
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Regarding Jake Andrews, don't the season long loans materialise just before the season starts? I'm sure I read this somewhere that parent clubs will keep players with parent team for as long as possible... not sure why but I'm sure someone can shed some light.
All will be revealed in time.
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

Conrad Logan has never been connected with TUFC. He did play in goal for Boston on that last game of the season during Ian Atkins' great escape though.
Roman Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Roman Gull »

I think you are basically right and GJ has mentioned today about a couple of loans near the start of the season - whilst Bristol City will want to see the lads in training before making decisions on them. Andrews has been linked to a permanent deal thats why i mentioned him but nothing's come of it so far. Hopefully this season we can be less reliant on loan signings, but with a smallish squad in the offing and a long season - the family connection could be very handy again!
Bloggy wrote: 19 Jun 2019, 19:42 Regarding Jake Andrews, don't the season long loans materialise just before the season starts? I'm sure I read this somewhere that parent clubs will keep players with parent team for as long as possible... not sure why but I'm sure someone can shed some light.
All will be revealed in time.
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

TUFC DREAM TEAM

Harry Lovering is next up to bring us his ultimate TUFC XI including the likes of Kevin Nicholson and Aaron Downes - see who else Harry picked on the site now...

https://torquaytalk.com/2019/06/21/tufc ... ssion=true
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Just make sure Mad Mervo gets a mention. Some of us have been around for a while...
PS Keep up the good work.
Roman Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Roman Gull »

Hi guys another blog from me this week - this time discussing the return of Jake Andrews to Plainmoor. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

http://torquaytalk.com/2019/06/23/the-r ... dom-roman/

Cheers

Dom