TUFC 2019/20 Squad

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Neither does it sound like the Gary Johnson who said late last season he needed ten new players.
I think we have to prepare for a season of consolidation, the majority of the squad is last years team and they are going to take time to adjust to playing full time teams.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

He doesn’t want all of the Bristol loans to return, only wants one or two of them. Which will probably be Andrews. I for one think we need to replace Niate. Don’t think he will be good enough next season. Gary said yesterday he has 2 signings pending, let’s hope we here more today.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

Suspect Duku was one of the impending signings. A further one is perhaps likely to be a central defender? Seems GJ does not want an over bloated squad so as to keep the dynamics balanced and that seems a sensible methodology.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Duku was Announced before the video. So I suggest it is still 2. Anyone know much about the Andrews 2 year deal rumour?
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Wolborough »

It GJ recorded video before Duku signing was confirmed surely, judging by his phraseology?
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

They said it was recorded pre-Duku announcement, so he is one of the two. The other one will take us up to 15 players.

With the way football is going, loans are such a big part of the game and I'd be amazed if we didn't have the full complement of five loanees during the season, even if some arrive later in the season depending on the form and fitness of those who he starts the season with. That's 18-20 players already, so I don't think we'll need much else on top of that. Add 4-6 players on top of what we have already and we'll have a very strong squad, especially if the loans work out as well as they did last year.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Wolborough »

Concur! Also, GJ does seem to manage loan players more effectively than some of his predecessors.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

GJ has confirmed that loan signings will almost certainly wait until just before or just after the start (Aug 3) of the season proper, because potential targets will spend pre-season with their own clubs before decisions are finalised about where they might go
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

MellowYellow wrote: 14 Jun 2019, 13:57 GJ has confirmed that loan signings will almost certainly wait until just before or just after the start (Aug 3) of the season proper, because potential targets will spend pre-season with their own clubs before decisions are finalised about where they might go
It also gives GJ the time to decide what sort of payers he needs on loan. Up front for example, if Reid and Duku look good together he may look for a younger development player like a Frankie Vincent, on the other hand if Duku doesn't look ready then another Saikou type may be needed.
There is a careful balance to be had with starting 11 players and bench warmers.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Hammdog2601 wrote: 14 Jun 2019, 12:58 Duku was Announced before the video. So I suggest it is still 2. Anyone know much about the Andrews 2 year deal rumour?
It was just a rumour, like the other rumour that Andrews has signed for Newport County.
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Kingsgull83 »

I think the squad is shaping up, there is allot to be said for a consistent team. With the spine of the team having played together last season they will know what GJ wants and know each other.

Little was a different class the first half against Woking away so he is a great signing.

A new centre back is a must and then like previously said with loan players we will be looking strong.

Enough for a playoff challenge?
SatNav
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by SatNav »

Ben Gerring announced on Twitter that he is signing a contract tomorrow, although it doesn’t specify with whom. Not sure if Johnson would entertain it; would be interested to see what the consensus would be on the slim possibility of him returning??
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Wolborough »

Absolutely no chance of him coming back he was a liability on (and now) off the pitch.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Realistically I'd settle for a season of consolidation, can't see us tearing up this division like we did the NLS so keeping my expectations under control midtable mediocrity will do me.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

SatNav wrote: 17 Jun 2019, 10:40 Ben Gerring announced on Twitter that he is signing a contract tomorrow, although it doesn’t specify with whom. Not sure if Johnson would entertain it; would be interested to see what the consensus would be on the slim possibility of him returning??
Burned his bridges with us with that twatish moronic behaviour on the terraces.