TUFC flag in the England crowd

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
JakeB
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Reidy

TUFC flag in the England crowd

Post by JakeB »

Just noticed a Torquay flag on the right of the halfway, fair play to whoever is out there that supports the yellows, no sign of an Exeter one though haha
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

You beat me to it. . .
Attachments
20190606_200120.jpg
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Great result as well !! Ouch ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Dutchgull wrote: 07 Jun 2019, 09:33 Great result as well !! Ouch ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)
The result didn't matter in what was a jazzed up friendly but it was encouraging in that it showed we have nothing to fear from the Dutch so called golden generation over the next 10 years or so ;-)
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

The Dutch are not calling it a golden generation that was the stupid over hype of England when Lampard, Gerrard etc were around. De Light is 19 De Jong 22 Van De Beek 22 Bergwijn is 22 so hopefully a brighter future if only a clinical finisher could be found ! :) :) :)
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

stefano wrote: 07 Jun 2019, 15:08 The result didn't matter in what was a jazzed up friendly but it was encouraging in that it showed we have nothing to fear from the Dutch so called golden generation over the next 10 years or so ;-)
If by "showed we have nothing to fear", you mean "got played off the park and could have been 5 or 6 down if Memphis Depay could finish and VAR gave the penalty for the Chilwell trip", then I totally agree! :)
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stefano »

Dutchgull wrote: 08 Jun 2019, 12:00 The Dutch are not calling it a golden generation that was the stupid over hype of England when Lampard, Gerrard etc were around. De Light is 19 De Jong 22 Van De Beek 22 Bergwijn is 22 so hopefully a brighter future if only a clinical finisher could be found ! :) :) :)
Yes it was stupid over hype by the English press nearly 20 years ago now, which is why I am surprised the Dutch are making the same mistake.

I was in Amsterdam 5 or 6 weeks ago for Koningsdag and the same sort of hype was in the newspaper about the Dutch national team.

They do look promising mind and hope they beat Portugal. I remember being tremendously disappointed when they failed to win the World Cup finals of 1974 and 1978 when they had a fantastic team and thoroughly deserved to.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stefano »

madgull wrote: 09 Jun 2019, 00:15 If by "showed we have nothing to fear", you mean "got played off the park and could have been 5 or 6 down if Memphis Depay could finish and VAR gave the penalty for the Chilwell trip", then I totally agree! :)
Yes I should have said Germany, Italy, France, and Spain have nothing to fear!
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

Wasn't long ago it was talked about the England team winning a major competition in the near future,seems we've dropped down the pecking order already!Another false dawn ?
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

greb46 wrote: 09 Jun 2019, 10:25 Wasn't long ago it was talked about the England team winning a major competition in the near future,seems we've dropped down the pecking order already!Another false dawn ?
Have we not just finished a European tournament in third, ahead of Spain, France, Italy and Germany?
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

PhilGull wrote: 10 Jun 2019, 10:55 Have we not just finished a European tournament in third, ahead of Spain, France, Italy and Germany?
True though at present looks like we've got some improvement to catch up with Holland.