2019/2020 Kits

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Received an email today from pro direct with confirmation my 120 yr celebration shirt has been dispatched.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

happytorq wrote: 24 May 2019, 15:21
Torquay United aren't going to sell another 10,000 shirts because they launch it in June rather than August. I've no idea what the volume on these things actually is, but I'd be surprised if it's more than 5,000 anyway.
It would be interesting to know how many we do sell but I doubt it's anywhere near 5000. The reason being is that I suspect the vast majority of buyers are match goers but when you look at shirt wearers at Plainmoor there are a lot wearing shorts from previous seasons.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 24 May 2019, 20:04
It would be interesting to know how many we do sell but I doubt it's anywhere near 5000. The reason being is that I suspect the vast majority of buyers are match goers but when you look at shirt wearers at Plainmoor there are a lot wearing shorts from previous seasons.
yeah, to be honest I was trying to guess and i might've overcooked it. I figured 2000 ish home attendance, maybe half of those buy one, plusI know we have lots of exiles who are - possibly - more inclined to buy a shirt (because they don't get to as many home games). I might be overstating our reach, though.

Whatever - I'm pretty I have the biggest collection of TUFC shirts in the the Northeast of the US, though!
Teigngull wrote: 24 May 2019, 19:19 Received an email today from pro direct with confirmation my 120 yr celebration shirt has been dispatched.
I got this too (yay!) - but only after I got a fraud alert from my credit card. I guess they didn't expect a Torquay United limited edition shirt to be high on anybody's wishlist
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

happytorq wrote: 24 May 2019, 21:09 yeah, to be honest I was trying to guess and i might've overcooked it. I figured 2000 ish home attendance, maybe half of those buy one, plusI know we have lots of exiles who are - possibly - more inclined to buy a shirt (because they don't get to as many home games). I might be overstating our reach, though.

Whatever - [highlight=yellow]I'm pretty I have the biggest collection of TUFC shirts in the the Northeast of the US, though!
[/highlight] I got this too (yay!) - [highlight=yellow]but only after I got a fraud alert from my credit card. I guess they didn't expect a Torquay United limited edition shirt to be high on anybody's wishlist[/highlight]
I've got 21 in total..... :)
.....and how rude of them...... :@ :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 25 May 2019, 08:57 I've got 21 in total..... :)
.....and how rude of them...... :@ :rofl:
Oooh I don't have that many. I have...17, I think.

Didn't know you were in Northeast US though!
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Now in receipt of my champions shirt.
Nice quality, light fitting & even came in a presentation box ( nice touch ).
Was it worth £60 ? Well that depends on how much you really wanted it, for me though, worth every penny .
Well done TUFC & Pro Direct.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Teigngull wrote: 03 Jun 2019, 10:55 Now in receipt of my champions shirt.
Nice quality, light fitting & even came in a presentation box ( nice touch ).
Was it worth £60 ? Well that depends on how much you really wanted it, for me though, worth every penny .
Well done TUFC & Pro Direct.
Very light fitting I have never owned a shirt so thin. Not sure about putting it in the washing machine as it may not hold together and the various emblems look as though they may fall off if subjected to the severe turbulence of a modern washing facility.

I do look damned smart in it though! ;-)
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

Did a little unboxing video of the new shirt here!
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

stefano wrote: 03 Jun 2019, 11:01 Very light fitting I have never owned a shirt so thin. Not sure about putting it in the washing machine as it may not hold together and the various emblems look as though they may fall off if subjected to the severe turbulence of a modern washing facility.
I wore it to play in on Saturday morning, so that meant I had to wash it. It came out ok, although I do have doubts about the 1899 on the front. I probably sholdn't have put it in the dryer (should have just let it air dry, in retrospect) but those numbers seem lie they might peel off.

I'd definitely recommend washing it inside out, though.

Edit - oh, and props to ProDirect for getting it to me so fast. I ordered it on the first day I could (May 24th? I forget now) and it got to me on the 29th, which I thought was excellent given how far away I live.

Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Kingsgull83 »

Have seen next seasons three kits. All look very nice and a similar theme to the limited edition short.
Not going to have a sponsor this season either.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Just a blank shirt?
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Kingsgull83 wrote: 21 Jun 2019, 17:49 Have seen next seasons three kits. Not going to have a sponsor this season either.
Bollocks of course we will ..... ;-)
SatNav
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by SatNav »

brooker wrote: 21 Jun 2019, 18:54 Just a blank shirt?
I imagine it will have the ‘1899’ across the middle, as in keeping with the Centenary shirt...
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Kingsgull83 »

Not blank 1899 across the front. Look great.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

I see reported on the O/S that the centenary 1899 shirt has now sold out !
Wonder how many were reproduced ? & what sort of cut the club makes out of it ?
Now for the official launch of the new Yellow home & the White away strip, with the " interesting ", as described by George Edwards, sponsors logo !