2019/2020 Kits

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

Get the kits out now!! Start selling them. Chelsea’s is out already!!

I hope we don’t have to suffer with bits n pieces in pictures reveals etc etc Then they go on sale in August. Start selling them and let the supporters show them off. Especially as the holiday season will be upon us soon.

We've had 12 months to prepare this stuff.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Pretty obvious the club is promoting the anniversary shirt before unveiling the new playing kit, I'd be a bit more patient.
And who gives a stuff what Chelsea are doing ? Had no hearing on TUFC whatsoever,most of the lions who wear CFC & other premiershite clubs shirts are armchair supporters & have no idea what proper football is about it where to find it.
Coyy.
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Parkys People »

Yes, it's clear what is happening. It's poor.

The comparison to Chelsea is solely this - both clubs have had 12 months since revealing their last kit, to get sorted for the following seasons effort.

One club are on the front foot, have revealed the kit and made it available to purchase. Whilst the other is dawdling. It's summer, now is the time to maximise sales & sell those short sleeved shirts.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

I would of thought the number of people who would buy a TUFC replica shirt is fairly constant. So the sales of the shirts for TUFC would be stable no matter when they went on sale.
Chelsea is a different beast, you can't compare their commercial operation to ours.
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Parkys People »

Fair point re the volume of sales. It may only entice one or two extra to buy, it wouldn't see a reduction and would increase number of people displaying TUFC merchandise.

Chelsea is an example. There are other lower league clubs who have pre empted the end of season and got it sorted. If your selling a pair of shorts, do it in May, not August, when the sun's gone.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Another thing Torquay didn't unveil their kit last season until August (not 12 months ago) when the shirt sponsor was announced.
Other clubs who have a lead on us may be on long term deals. The shorts also need a sponsor.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

I will say one thing. I bet every single replica shirt we sell will at some point in the future grace a live Torquay United fixture; which is more than can be said about the Chelsea shirts.
smw89
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by smw89 »

Perhaps the club want a steady income stream, it seems to all be about season tickets atm and the anniversary shirt, not everybody can afford three big costs at once and maybe the club will push the new kits once the volume in season tickets and anniversary shirt has settled down.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Dont see what the problem is - people only moan about it when its released anyway! :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

How very very true snw.
As long as it's the proper yellow ( not feckin mango )
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Teigngull wrote: 23 May 2019, 18:35 How very very true snw.
As long as it's the proper yellow ( not feckin mango )
Mango - The Promotion Kit.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Rjc70 wrote: 24 May 2019, 00:28 Mango - The Promotion Kit.
Yes the latest one.
The ' Umbro early 80's, Ladbrokes ' yellow shirt, blue shorts, yellow socks is one of my favourite.
And the white shirt with the yellow & blue vertical stripe on the right side of the chest would do me for the away kit.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Our kit's release date will have little-to-no-bearing on how many the club sells. Those who are going to buy it already know they're going to buy it (save for a few exceptions for those who want a certain shade of yellow!). Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and the rest have a different situation. They're invariably going to have globe-trotting post/pre season tours and they use that as an advertising window for the new gear.

Torquay United aren't going to sell another 10,000 shirts because they launch it in June rather than August. I've no idea what the volume on these things actually is, but I'd be surprised if it's more than 5,000 anyway.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Teigngull wrote: 24 May 2019, 10:03 Yes the latest one.
Mango was also our home kit when we went up via Wembley in 2009.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

The new kits were revealed weeks back at the presentation evening. They showed 4 shirts (one being the limited edition which is already on sale) so the others are soon to be released. The blue one looks spectacular!

Latest video shows them all (towards the end)
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/