Cornish, Greeks and that other Green team.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Launceston Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Launceston Gull »

An interesting mix of opinions. For those of you old enough to remember, I wonder how Fred Binney would be viewed, a cult type hero or villain. He played for the Gulls 1966-70 then Exeter and later Plymouth; not to mention Launceston where he began.
Concerned_Of_Devon
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Concerned_Of_Devon »

Bless, little ol’ Torquay still feel the need to have a dig at Exeter even when enjoying their MASSIVE title win in the Southern, Semi-pro, Tinpot League or whatever it’s called. Torquay United, minding the gap since 2014.

As an aside, I don’t read a great deal of this board, are you aware of a PSF that has been arranged between Exeter and yourselves?
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

Concerned_Of_Devon wrote: 28 Apr 2019, 16:30 Bless, little ol’ Torquay still feel the need to have a dig at Exeter even when enjoying their MASSIVE title win in the Southern, Semi-pro, Tinpot League or whatever it’s called. Torquay United, minding the gap since 2014.

As an aside, I don’t read a great deal of this board, are you aware of a PSF that has been arranged between Exeter and yourselves?
Yeah I'm aware of the PSF.

When you come down, have a look at our four completed stands. How is your half built new stand looking??

Didn't you buy your away end off Barnet?? I can see we have a long way to go to..
JakeB
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Reidy

Post by JakeB »

Concerned_Of_Devon wrote: 28 Apr 2019, 16:30 Bless, little ol’ Torquay still feel the need to have a dig at Exeter even when enjoying their MASSIVE title win in the Southern, Semi-pro, Tinpot League or whatever it’s called. Torquay United, minding the gap since 2014.

3rd team in Devon Exeter can’t even build their own away end 😂
Concerned_Of_Devon
New Signing
New Signing

sgf wrote: 28 Apr 2019, 17:26 Yeah I'm aware of the PSF.

When you come down, have a look at our four completed stands. How is your half built new stand looking??

Didn't you buy your away end off Barnet?? I can see we have a long way to go to..
4 completed stands?! Great achievement! That must be worth at least a play off spot in the National Tinpot-thingy mustn’t it?

Fact of the matter is that Torquay could learn a lot from the way Exeter do business. I know secretly there is that hint of jealously in there, but I get it, you want us to be your big bad rivals, kind of cute really. How are your owners now, anyway? Still trying to flog the aforementioned super-stadia of yours?
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sgf »

Concerned_Of_Devon wrote: 28 Apr 2019, 17:46 4 completed stands?! Great achievement! That must be worth at least a play off spot in the National Tinpot-thingy mustn’t it?

Fact of the matter is that Torquay could learn a lot from the way Exeter do business. I know secretly there is that hint of jealously in there, but I get it, you want us to be your big bad rivals, kind of cute really. How are your owners now, anyway? Still trying to flog the aforementioned super-stadia of yours?
If you did your homework, you'd know it's not ours to flog....

Given your recent history, the last club we need to learn from is you. When our owner is unmasked as a fraudster and tax cheat, I'll tip my hat to you.

Fact is your fan owned for a reason. You were neck deep in shit and no one would touch you with a barge pole
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

"We don't care about you, you're not our rivals, you want us to be your big rival."

Comes on the forum, reads it, creates an account, replies to fans who support a 'tiny club that you don't care about.' The real reason City fans make such a big deal about our club is to try and make themselves look as big as Argyle. Size issues.

:}
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Concerned_Of_Devon
New Signing
New Signing

sgf wrote: 28 Apr 2019, 18:12 If you did your homework, you'd know it's not ours to flog....

Given your recent history, the last club we need to learn from is you. When our owner is unmasked as a fraudster and tax cheat, I'll tip my hat to you.

Fact is your fan owned for a reason. You were neck deep in shit and no one would touch you with a barge pole
Recent history? If 16 years ago is recent history then I’ll give you that. Plenty of water under the bridge since then for all three clubs, I think we’d all agree?

It’s just sad that our two well-esteemed Devonshire neighbours (well, 1 Cornish) choose not to follow in our footsteps of a financially stable, self sustained business model (not without its flaws though! See, I’m not just a WUM!).

Anyway, where’s that Dave chap who kept dishing abuse out to Argiggle anyway? I like the cut of his jib.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Before we start dissing Exeter's business model we would do well to consider our own. £1.4 million in hock to a dodgy property developer, club losing £2000 a day. We are heading for a really big crash sometime in the future.
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

Isn’t it nice to have ‘banter’ between the 3 Devon clubs!!!. I believe this has come about because of our recent success (yes it is ‘only’ NLS but it is still a title) and the other 2 are nowhere near winning anything!!
I live in Exeter and know quite a few City fans, in fact I have been to Wembley for their last 2 playoff finals, why? Because they all ‘support’ Torquay and want them to do well. In fact I live next door to Lee Holmes (City Player) and he wishes Torquay well. So why not support each other until we are all in the same league, which maybe sooner than we think (at least I hope so!!).
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I think having a pop at your near neighbours and getting a few digs in is what football is all about.

Even with us in completely different leagues, I enjoy seeing our rivals suffer (in the same way they’ve enjoyed our demise I’m sure) and would love to see relegations etc....it’s just what being a football fan is all about.

That said, I wouldn’t want them to go tits up and end up being put into administration or anything like that, because I’m first and foremost a football fan, and would hate for that to happen to any club - because I know how much it would hurt to lose your club.

Rivalry, though, is a good thing. Banter is great, and it’s always good to get involved.

What you will never find me doing, however, is cheering on either the greasers or the gargs in the hope that they beat us in favour of the other one winning the league for example, in the same way Manure “fans” have been doing with Citeh.
Hell no, I want my team to win, always. If that means that we beat our rivals, and another rival wins the league as a result, so be it.

TTID.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Dave_Pougher wrote: 28 Apr 2019, 14:12 Certainly picking up some negativity here,
https://x.com/danieljonknight/status/11 ... 24512?s=12

😂😂😂😂😂
Those fans are scum.

They are shouting that vile abuse at the manager who took them to the play-offs three years running. Just what sort of club do the administration cheats think they should be?
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Anyone know the data of the pre season friendly?
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sgf »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 28 Apr 2019, 19:12 Before we start dissing Exeter's business model we would do well to consider our own. £1.4 million in hock to a dodgy property developer, club losing £2000 a day. We are heading for a really big crash sometime in the future.
I wasn't dissing there business model, merely stating facts. At the end of the day, an Exeter fan has found the need to come on the forum. I was defending our club.

Sorry
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

One match to go and Plymouth sack their manager! Could not make it up!