Attendance against Eastbourne?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
stargull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by stargull »

Chesterfield in the last game of the 2010/11 season as we made the League Two playoffs - 5002. Quite remarkable if we beat that this weekend.

The highest ever NLS attendance is 5,022 for Weymouth winning the title in 2006.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

madmike wrote: 12 Apr 2019, 09:46 Coming down from Swansea on the bike.Looking forward to watching Torquay COME ON THE GULLS :bow:
Crikey; you'd best start pedalling!
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Kingsgull83 »

Your right capacity is 6500 I got incorrect figure from Wikipedia
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Kingsgull83 »

What do you thinl would the club push the boat out for 5000 yellow flags for the last home game of the season aka Leicester city last game of the prem winning season?
It would look amazing
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Wokingham Gull wrote: 12 Apr 2019, 13:55 So Based on 6500, our current ticket sales would be 6500 - 2200 (unsold) - 200 (away fans) = 4100 sold to date. [dropshadow=blue]With some ticket sales today, a few away fans, and supporters paying on the day[/dropshadow], could that be a further 1000, getting us to 5100 plus? Seems very possible. What a boost for TUFC to have a 5000 pus crowd for a league game, or even 2 league games.

Any Statos out there that know the last 5000 plus crowd at plainmoor for a league game?
Don't forget the season ticket holders.

p.s. If we get 5,000 tomorrow and the same for Hungerford the average league gate under GJ will be 2,843 (compared with 1,641 for the GO part of the season).
Last edited by gateman49 on 12 Apr 2019, 17:35, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Well just read the very latest update, it seems we're about 1760 off a home end sell out, so I'm now every confident of seeing a crowd tomorrow of 4,800 plus.

So the answer to the question can we beat the league record, is , yes, I believe we can.
Formerly known as forevertufc
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper

Post by gateman49 »

Kingsgull83 wrote: 12 Apr 2019, 16:42 What do you thinl would the club push the boat out for 5000 yellow flags for the last home game of the season aka Leicester city last game of the prem winning season?
It would look amazing
There's a thought but hopefully not those damned clickers.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Modgull wrote: 12 Apr 2019, 07:52 I remember back in the 90s turning up for a final match of the season against Northampton and being turned away from all areas of the ground. I think we lost and therefore missed out on promotion/playoffs.
I remember that well, work had already started on redeveloping the away end before the season finished, obviously no thoughts of play offs had been considered. Mike Bateson warned to get in early as lots of Northampton were expected.
Last minute I got the afternoon off work, got there 1445, locked out. Mike B came out to talk to quite a few who were locked out, said we were warned, some bloke said "come on Mike, 10 to 3 is early for our games"

Anyway, Mike opened the door and said we could pay and watch from the bar area upstairs, a load of idiots rushed the door and I remember getting crushed. Once calm heads prevailed Mike stood on the stairway taking the entrance cash, it had been about £9 to get in but Mike took our notes and said "sorry, no change". We were all allowed to use the bar as long as we kept the drinks away from the windows. A few extra quid was made that day.

Shame about the result as we missed the playoffs having made the final the year before, Northampton went up and I really begrudged that because during the game a couple of right morons had made their way up the stair, found their way into the bar, tried to start on a bunch of us whilst calling us wankers. Took a fair few blokes to boot them out
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

5,386 in the ground for play off semi final against Scarbrough, I remember being packed in the middle of the popular side and my feet didn't even touch the floor when we scored. An amazing match, amazing atmosphere, but the play off final against Colchester was horrible.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

If anyone can get hold of a spare ticket for Chippenham I'd be very grateful, my eldest has now got the day off and wants to go.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

I’ve printed off my Popside ticket. It has a scanning code on it. Will this give entry at the turnstile or do I have to exchange it for a ticket first?
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

standupsitdown wrote: 12 Apr 2019, 21:49 I’ve printed off my Popside ticket. It has a scanning code on it. Will this give entry at the turnstile or do I have to exchange it for a ticket first?
Just get it scanned at the turnstile.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

Thanks. I haven’t notice scanners at our turnstiles before. Much simpler than having to send tickets by post.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper

Post by gateman49 »

standupsitdown wrote: 12 Apr 2019, 22:08 Thanks. I haven’t notice scanners at our turnstiles before. Much simpler than having to send tickets by post.
We've had them since before Christmas!
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

I’m obviously not very observant. Always pay cash for home games but looking forward to having a season ticket on proceeds of my 25-1 bet next season.