woking

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

If we could go into the Woking match 6 points clear we would take some stopping. They would have to beat us and win another game whilst we lost one, and we would still be ahead on GD
For that to happen, a loss for them at Bath and a win and a draw for us or a draw for them and two wins for us . Even a 5 point lead would be great. Bath should be up for it tomorrow so here's hoping.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Bath equaliser here (link borrowed from cardsboard site)*:

https://mobile.x.com/chrisstone1956

For those of you old enough to remember him, the laughing policeman is alive and well and on the beat in Bath by the sound of it.

* I'm now informed that the video may be 'fake news' as it was from another match but enjoy the sound anyway.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

From the Woking forum:

''First time in a while we've actually played rather well, yes the officials weren't great but we dine what we could and got a good point. Only critisicm I have is of gerring, what's up with the lad, seems very nervy and continuously making mistakes.''

Poor lad. Cannot wait for next Saturday...
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Uptongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Uptongull »

The Bath equaliser is on that link. You just need to click 'tweets and replies' rather than scroll through Marley's feed. They were claiming the equaliser was offside but not in a million years. Defender on far left playing him on.
Uptongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Uptongull »

The Bath equaliser is on that link. You just need to click 'tweets and replies' rather than scroll through Marley's feed. They were claiming the equaliser was offside but not in a million years. Defender on far left playing him on.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

gateman49 wrote: 30 Mar 2019, 18:56 Bath equaliser here (link borrowed from cardsboard site)*:

https://mobile.x.com/chrisstone1956

For those of you old enough to remember him, the laughing policeman is alive and well and on the beat in Bath by the sound of it.

* I'm now informed that the video may be 'fake news' as it was from another match but enjoy the sound anyway.
Here is the real equaliser:

https://x.com/chrisstone1956/status/111 ... 27649?s=09
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

Onside and bad goalkeeping!
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

Has anyone got any of parking tips for Saturday?
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Yes, make sure you put your handbrake on.

The Leisure Centre right opposite the ground is the best bet but it will fill up early. There are a couple of car parks about 10-15 mins walk away, other than that, it's pot luck with street parking.

https://www.wokingfc.co.uk/club/directions/
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

United62 wrote: 02 Apr 2019, 07:36 Yes, make sure you put your handbrake on.

The Leisure Centre right opposite the ground is the best bet but it will fill up early. There are a couple of car parks about 10-15 mins walk away, other than that, it's pot luck with street parking.

https://www.wokingfc.co.uk/club/directions/
:)
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

stefano wrote: 23 Mar 2019, 08:13 I think we will be 8 points clear at the top by the time we play away to Woking so I don't think the game will have the significance everybody thinks. Still, no good getting ahead of myself. One game at a time. A professional win away today while Woking draw at home will kick it off.........and although we will be just about out of sight by 6 April we might as well go for that one as well to extend to an 11 points gap.

We can all then sit back and enjoy Easter! ;-)
Well this was just 2 weeks ago but at the time of posting we were 2nd in the table waiting to go to Concord Rangers in the afternoon and were 1 point behind leaders Woking who had a home tie against a mid-table team.

So you can call me Nostradamus from now on! ;-)

Ok I was one point out, but even the real Nostradamus would not have expected Woking to snatch a draw at Bath!

We have to be confident today. The team is playing well, and Woking have to come at us as in reality a draw is of no use to them so that should open it up nicely as we like to get in behind them with the speed and prescision we have shown so consistently since GJ came onboard. If we lost it would not be a disaster and we would still win the league, but I would be quite surprised if we are not 10 points ahead by the end of the day.

It is massive pressure for Woking. They know a defeat will finish it. Confidence will be shot if the house of cards comes crashing down. Their manager has helped us by saying yesterday he would possibly keep 3 or 4 if they get promoted. A great example of how not to boost your players and how to demotivate them! I could see Woking struggling to hold on to 2nd place.

Wealdstone look good for me to progress through the play-offs and win at Woking in the final (if Woking do indeed hold on to 2nd). Wealdstone would certainly fancy Woking away in the final, they won convincingly there not long ago.

We will win today - but win, draw, or lose we will be going up as champions. A happy position to be in!

Happy Easter! :~D
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Long post to admit that you were wrong 😉
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Southampton Gull wrote: 06 Apr 2019, 11:34 Long post to admit that you were wrong 😉
Nice of you to examine it in detail though! ;-)

I did correct myself a couple of posts later and say that I had miscalculated and that we would actually be 7 points ahead when we played Woking and not 8 as originally stated.

However despite my timely correction I cannot claim to have been correct, as I was going on Woking drawing at home to Slough and losing away to Bath. So although the overall points tally was the same I got both results wrong!

Anyway Nostradamus wasn't perfect. Nobody has ever known what he was predicting other than looking back in hindsight and saying he must have been predicting something that had already happened! ;-)
samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: colin bettany

Post by samuel »

Thought Southampton Gull was a tad harsh on you there Stefano. After all, we are the sages of this forum. I said Woking would wilt, you said Woking would wobble. Nuff said. 😆
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I think this will be quite an open game as Woking need 3 points badly.
We have only conceded 3 goals in the last 5 games.
This could be a real thriller and I am going for Woking 2 United 4