A plea to TUFC fans at Woking on Saturday

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
BristolianGull
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

A plea to TUFC fans at Woking on Saturday

Post by BristolianGull »

Like it or not (I’m not for tempting fate), we are champions-elect. Therefore, we have a responsibility to act accordingly. Gary and the boys know the job in front of them on the pitch on Saturday. All 1,400 of us know our job too, which goes without saying. But, and a BIG but, we cannot be undermined by a repeat of the idiotic, tiny number of casual (so-called) supporters who have caused trouble in the past(notably at Bath & WSM). This is NOT who we are, ever have been or ever will be. Let’s be realistic, those twats, who behaved as only twats can, especially at Bath do so NOT in our name. So at Woking, please let’s all commit that we will NOT tolerate any behaviour in our own ranks which undermines the commitment, integrity, and hard work of Gary Johnson, our captain Asa Hall, our players or most faithful home and travelling supporters have steadfastly given us for eight months this season. Please let’s all - ALL 1,400 of us - jump on any sign of these twats in our midst on Saturday and work with Woking Stewards and make our own strength in numbers count for something and stamp out any poor behaviour and GET THEM OUT! We’re better than that and they will NOT let them disrespect our Club and hold us all in contempt. They don’t care in a way we do about our Club. We are on the cusp of something really, reanalysed special - these twats don’t care about our Club like we do. So let’s stand up and show zero tolerance - we’re better than that. Let’s stick together and behave like champions...please!!
BristolianGull
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by BristolianGull »

Renalysed = really. Don’t ya just love predictive text
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Great post, BristolianGull. I hope I'm right in believing that everyone posting on here would say Amen to that.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Hopefully Woking is too far for the **** to travel or they weren't able to get their hands on any tickets.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

100% do I condemn any trouble. But let’s face it these guys are only banned from plainmoor. They will somehow have purchased tickets I imagine. I can only speak about Gloucester away as how embarrassing it was to see, but the frustration with Owers tenure reached boiling point quite literally! If Woking have any sense then they will employ a fairly significant steward/police presence that will take no shit. These guys have only got away with there stupid actions as Gloucester/Weston/bath did little to anticipate the actions of these idiots
Lucy
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

There'd be nothing worse than some brain dead clowns causing trouble and giving the club a points deduction which puts promotion in jeopardy ,let's hope only genuine supporters travel to the game.
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

Totally agree - no trouble or violence should be tolerated at any time.

At the first sign trouble, genuine fans should give the perpetrators a damn good beating, to ensure there is no violence.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Amen to that. I was at Bath and Weston. The behaviour of these brain dead little cretins was an embarrassment. I suggest that it is no coincidence that the team didn’t perform so well in these games, possibly affected by the crap behaviour of a few morons. I’d like to see idiots like these banned from every ground in the country. As was pointed out on Merse’s site they are not all youngsters, there appears to be a few older hard cases coordinating the young ones. If I see any of this nonsense at Woking I will happily point the finger for stewards or police.
SatNav
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by SatNav »

I totally agree with this post and nearly made a similar plea myself. I have supported Torquay for more than 30 years and am incredibly proud of what we have achieved this year, albeit playing a lower level than we have ever been accustomed to. I now have two children of my own and will be taking them tomorrow. We live in Bristol but still have family in Torquay. I am proud that my boys want to support Torquay, even though they get berated by their classmates. I was at the Weston game and was ashamed by the behaviour of a small number of fans. I was also ashamed of the behaviour of some idiots at the Bath game. We are on the cusp of achieving something we should all be proud of. Let’s not ruin it or do anything that will reflect badly on our club. If I see any hooliganism I will not hesitate to record this and pass onto the club. We have a great fan-base, including exiles. Let’s enjoy the occasion and get behind the boys. COYY 💛💙⚽️
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Let's hope Torquay have arranged for the Stewards who are charged with stopping those with a banning order from entering Plainmoor are travelling and will be in place (with Woking's approval) to identify and stop entry for these teenage troublemakers.

Headlines and discussion should be what the manager and team have achieved.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Not making excuses here, because there are none, I can’t speak for the Weston incident as I was at the other end, Gloucester, yes they were our supporters (kids) but at bath, I arrived early and watched most arrive. You get to know most that attend by face if not name and I can honestly say in the fifty plus years I’ve been attending, I’ve never seen the trouble makers that were at bath.
TorquayDNA
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by TorquayDNA »

It's a shame the clots aren't on this forum so they can see this excellent thread. Not that it would make much difference I suppose, as they're doubtless illiterate; these words would merely float through the empty cavern that occupies the space between their ears.

If anyone does spot this sort of behaviour, it's a good idea to record video which could be useful evidence for the Club/police
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

I like the suggestion by Richinns concerning stewards spotting trouble makers at away matches, this is already done by the police at games higher up the football ladder who regularly travel with their own supporters. Whether the supporters at Gloucester, WSM and Bath were our supporters or just blow ins looking for trouble we were tainted by their association , they were in our end therefore by definition they must be ours. It is an unfortunate truth these days that people are actively encouraged not to raise their heads over the parapet and either front out these idiots if you feel inclined or actually tell someone in authority who they are. Until , we as a majority decide that these idiots are not welcome at football matches then our game will never be the genuine family friendly sport like it is in rugby.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

I'm sure there will be police from Torquay at the game.
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

I understand there is one travel club coach going and that they will fully cooperate with the police in terms of weeding out any known trouble-makers,but there are at least two other unofficial coaches going which might contain some who might cause trouble-;with the police planning to "monitor" these and possibly board them at some point to identify any known banned supporters.

There will be others travelling by train,minibus and car-the vast majority of whom will cause no problem whatsoever. Hopefully,"spotters" outside the home and way turnstiles will be deployed to identify anyone who has been banned.

Think Woking,cooperating with TUFC officials will be better compared and cope better than Bath did.