Torquay United v Chelmsford City - PP 2/4/19

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

portugull wrote: 03 Apr 2019, 17:09 I took a friend to Plainmoor last night for his first ever visit to Plainmoor. He was well impressed.
Another fantastic performance from the lads. We were so impressive because every time we lost the ball we had 3 men pressing the opponent and winning it back.
5 straight wins against Billericay, Dartford, Concord, Wealdstone and Chelmsford all in the Top 9 in the Table in just 25 days is truly impressive with 11 goals scored and 3 against.
2 months ago I thought Ruari Keating was just not good enough but I am so pleased I was wrong.
He was fantastic last night and I suggest everyone in the ground felt he deserved MOTM despite a great display by Connor Lemonheigh-Evans.
Ruari a popular young man has a new belief in his ability and is now playing regularly and learning fast because he is being coached by Gary Johnson and his team.Ruari seems an intelligent lad but I think he proves that in pro football it takes time to learn how to cope and Ruari has moved up 2 levels in the last 6 months. Well done Ruari so pleased for you.
The POP Side take a bow. You were unbelievable last night.
When did we last have 2,832 on a Tuesday night???
Gary Johnson on ITV West Country tonight at 6pm.
:goodpost: totally agree, it was a joy to be there last night. I am one of the supporters who has stood there on a cold Tuesday night with about 1,800 others, and that was when we were in league 2.
On the Ruairi theme I was a bit worried that he might just go over the top and get sent off but he seemed to manage his ‘temper’ JUST, but a fantastic display by him. He is not the only one though that has come on in leaps and bounds under Gary Johnson
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

Rjc70 wrote: 03 Apr 2019, 16:55 One of the ‘other two’ is the injured Opi Edwards. But there is only four. Cornishclaret can’t count.
I heard one of their fans shout 'Come on Bristol' in response to a TUFC chant. Definitely sour grapes. No shame in bringing in 4 young lads who not only have ability but play their hearts out for our club. I really hope they go on to big things in the game because they have the right attitude. It makes a change from the endless stream of loanees, most of whom only last a month that we have seen over the last few seasons. It's been quite a few seasons since we've had such a settled side.
PaulR
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PaulR »

http://www.rockettrides.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Reidy hit the post with the penalty the keeper did not seem to touch the ball.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

portugull wrote: 03 Apr 2019, 20:26 Reidy hit the post with the penalty the keeper did not seem to touch the ball.
That's what I thought, watch the highlights, was one hell of a save from their keeper.
Formerly known as forevertufc
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

portugull wrote: 03 Apr 2019, 20:26 Reidy hit the post with the penalty the keeper did not seem to touch the ball.
As someone who was sat right behind the goal .... I can confirm that the keeper got a left hand to the ball and pushed it onto the post. It was a very good save, to be fair.
Griff1n
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Danis Salman

Post by Griff1n »

Yes, we could see the keeper’s fine save from Bristow’s Bench, yet it doesn’t look so obvious from the camera angle on the Pop Side gantry.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Thank you CP Gull obviously I believe you because you were much closer than me in my Bristows Bench seat.
Last night we thought it was a great save which you have confirmed but as Griffin says the Highlights make it look like the shot hit the post.
If we get a pen at Woking I wonder who will take it?
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

GJ should give Reid a break from penalty duties.

My observation is that he always shoots low towards a corner so the opposing keeper has only got to take a chance on which corner and dive. Perhaps a change of taker will bring a change of tactic and result.

This is not a criticism of Reid, as I am sure the responsibility of main penalty taker must rest heavy, so a break may be good for him too.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Official club highlights are up, you tube link here:

Note their players trying to goad the pop side when they equalised and also Kalala taking out five defenders with that outrageous lob for the third. Wonderful stuff that.

The end of match handshakes and celebrations are interesting too. Their keeper was one of their best players and he was handshaking all and sundry, he had a lot of good natured banter with the Family Stand fans in the second half and came over as a good un. I also see that GJ had some form of words with the ref at the end.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Says Video removed by user.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

see below

(Dave, can you delete my original post because I can't edit it for some reason, thanks)
Last edited by gateman49 on 04 Apr 2019, 18:13, edited 2 times in total.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

gateman49 wrote: 04 Apr 2019, 18:10 see below

(Dave, can you delete my original post because I can't edit it for some reason, thanks)
Have edited your original post.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com