When will we be crowned Champions??

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Kingsgull83 »

Anyone not liking this thread now?????? COYY
Nightrider
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Nightrider »

I hope it's against Hungerford on easter Monday. Plainmoor will be rocking :clap:
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Nightrider wrote: 02 Apr 2019, 22:17 I hope it's against Hungerford on easter Monday. Plainmoor will be rocking :clap:
.......Agreed....... just as I said.... :)
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Hopefully sooner than Hungerford - maybe home to Eastbourne if we beat Woking and they don't win at Chelmsford.

Beat Woking and we will be 10 points ahead and can win the league if we at least match Woking’s result at Chelmsford when we play Eastbourne.

Draw with Woking and we will be 7 points ahead and can win the league against Eastbourne if Woking don’t win at Chelmsford, otherwise at Chippenham.

Lose to Woking and we will be 4 points ahead and can win the league against Hungerford (or sooner if Woking drop points).
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Hopefully we win it against Eastbourne!
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Kingsgull83 »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 02 Apr 2019, 22:21 .......Agreed....... just as I said.... :)
Agree it would be good but on this form i can see us stringing it out that long. I do hope it’s at home though.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Now Knigsgull this thread is relevant, I said, I would wait until after Wealdstone and Chelmsford. Now hope, as I can't go to Chippenham, it's home to Eastbourne, with a bit of luck Woking will be deflated enough for us to pick up a win there, and will the following Saturday possible.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Now 9 to 1 on with the bookies.
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

We need to just get it done so we can just enjoy the last few games. Beat Woking on Saturday, really no reason why not we are the form team and everyone is scared of us.. That will put us 10 points clear worth extra point with goal difference. April 13th let the party begin against Eastbourne.
If you think about it can anyone really believe the job GJ has done, and it is more a less with the same team, It really is a unbelievable turn around. And what a run we are on now. To steal a line from another well know team... The Yellow moon is rising. This GJ train is not stopping until the premier league.. I am still having trouble getting my head round it. Question where does Gary Johnson now rank in the best managers Torquay have had category?
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

We've just beaten five teams around the play offs.
Even if we lose to Woking we effectively need 8 points from 4 teams well below us in the table. Although should note that two are still fighting relegation and St Albans may still have a play off chance. We can afford to lose to Woking and one other, but must keep playing as we have been as we don't want it to go to the last game.
I think we'll be more motivated than Woking, will beat them and with little to play for they won't win at Chelmsford, so we'll win the league at Plainmoor v Eastbourne.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

standupsitdown wrote: 03 Apr 2019, 07:49 We've just beaten five teams around the play offs.
Even if we lose to Woking we effectively need 8 points from 4 teams well below us in the table. Although should note that two are still fighting relegation and St Albans may still have a play off chance. We can afford to lose to Woking and one other, but must keep playing as we have been as we don't want it to go to the last game.
I think we'll be more motivated than Woking, will beat them and with little to play for they won't win at Chelmsford, so we'll win the league at Plainmoor v Eastbourne.
I think St Albans play off challenge will be over by the time we meet them. Certainly should be able to win our two remaining games at home and Chippenham and St Albans away should produce at least two points.
Saturday's match will mean more to Woking now. If they fail to win then they are certainly looking at the play offs. That should take a lot of pressure off us.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

Home to Eastbourne on Saturday if we win and Woking lose at Chelmsford (or effectively if they draw given the goal differences).

Away to Chippenham if we beat Eastbourne and Woking win at Chelmsford.

Obviously may be later if we drop points.
Launceston Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Launceston Gull »

Hopefully Eastbourne or at worst Chippenham that way the Hungerford game can be a celebration for all concerned, and I assume the trophy will be presented at the end of the game...signal party time
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Kingsgull83 »

After yesterday bar a disaster we know it is certainly a matter of When will be crowned champions. If we are mathematically champions on Saturday will the trophy presentation be Saturday or will we wait until the next home game??
oldcommsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by oldcommsboy »

Put another way, Woking have to get 2 wins and 2 draws plus any points we get in these last 4 matches to beat us. That will time out very quickly.
Chris
TUST member 479